Windows 10: All applications relaunch themselves after I close them, how to fix?

Discus and support All applications relaunch themselves after I close them, how to fix? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a weird one, couldn't find anything even close on Google. Today I open up my laptop, had some apps open before I closed the lid. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KittensLeftLeg, Jun 5, 2023.

1. All applications relaunch themselves after I close them, how to fix?

I got a weird one, couldn't find anything even close on Google.

Today I open up my laptop, had some apps open before I closed the lid. When I processed to close them, after a couple seconds, they launch back up. Happened with Chrome, Opera GX, Netflix windows app, BSPlayer and an online game client I left open. They all launch back up immediately.

I restarted and nothing happened. If I open an app, let's say Chrome and close it, it will come back. At first immediately, then after couple of seconds, after 3 times it looks like, for now, it stopped. Kinda afraid of launching something else right now.

Never heard of it or had something like it. None of the apps have permission to run after launch, and I have downloaded nothing last couple days despite using the computer heavily to binge watch Netflix.

submitted by /u/KittensLeftLeg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KittensLeftLeg, Jun 5, 2023

2. Windows 10 apps do not remember size and position on relaunch

OK, so I just found a workaround.

• Open the app and position and size it on monitor 2
    • Move the app to monitor 1
    • Close the app
    • Relaunch the app, it should retain its size and position on monitor 1
    • Move the app to the desired position on monitor 2
    • Relaunch the app and all should be green
    Let's just hope it continues to work on reboot.

SeanMann_NaplandGames, Jun 5, 2023
  3. tfwul Win User
    tfwul, Jun 5, 2023
  4. All applications relaunch themselves after I close them, how to fix?

Windows Application Error 0xc0000022

Hello Jon,

A corrupted system file is one of the possible reasons why you get this Windows application error when attempting to open a PDF file. Given that, we highly suggest performing the following methods to isolate and troubleshoot this issue.

Method 1: Run DISM

The DISM may help you to fix some Windows corruption errors. To do so, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Run this command: DISM.EXE /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    • If the operation is completed successfully, close the command prompt and check if your issue has been fixed.

Method 2: Run System File Checker

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. To do so, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Run this command: SFC /scannow
    • This may take several minutes to finish. If Command Prompt shows
      Verification 100% complete, close the command prompt and check if your issue has been fixed.

You may also consider checking the suggestions posted by Mike_Keys in this
    thread
    . Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jun 5, 2023
Thema:

All applications relaunch themselves after I close them, how to fix?

1. All applications relaunch themselves after I close them, how to fix? - Similar Threads - applications relaunch themselves

2. Applications not closing after quiting them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications not closing after quiting them: Hey, so I noticed that when I for example play game or am on discord. I quit the discord app or game but when I look in the Task Manager the app is still running and it doesn't close at all.I tried sfc/scannow but windows didn't find any problems.Any help?Windows 10 Home Ver....
  3. Applications not closing after quiting them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications not closing after quiting them: Hey, so I noticed that when I for example play game or am on discord. I quit the discord app or game but when I look in the Task Manager the app is still running and it doesn't close at all.I tried sfc/scannow but windows didn't find any problems.Any help?Windows 10 Home Ver....
  4. Applications not closing after quiting them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 programs closing themselves after a second from opening them

Windows 10 programs closing themselves after a second from opening them: This started completely out of the blue. I was playing on the pc for a few hours. While I was alt tabbed out of the game to google something, the game closed itself. I was not able to relaunch it, it would just close itself again in a secondin case it matters, its not a new...
  6. How do I stop applications re-adding themselves to startup? I keep disabling them and they...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop applications re-adding themselves to startup? I keep disabling them and they...: How do I stop applications re-adding themselves to startup? I keep disabling them (using 'Startup') and they keep re-appearing every time I restart the PC - and there's no option to stop that in the settings of each program! How do I force-stop them from constantly adding...
  7. Stop programs from reopening themselves after closing them in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop programs from reopening themselves after closing them in Task Manager: So I know about being able to turn off programs opening themselves after restarting your device, and I know how to manage those apps, but thats not what I'm talking about here. Whenever I go into Task Manager, and I notice a program that has absolutely no need to be open...
  8. All Microsoft apps close themselves upon startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Microsoft apps close themselves upon startup: I have already asked this question and have received no success in fixing my issue. Every time I open up any Windows app it closes itself. When I look at task manager it has a leaf next to it saying its suspending this process. I have hard reset my computer and even tried to...
  9. Apps are closing by themselves and deleting themselves afterwards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps are closing by themselves and deleting themselves afterwards: everything was fine until yesterday. now my apps are closing out of themselves and deleting themselves afterwards. what do i do??? * Original title: help???...
  10. Many applications close/crash as soon as I open them

Many applications close/crash as soon as I open them: writing this on my phone. as the title says, lots of applications I try to open including: chrome, word, firefox, and the search bar all close as soon as I try to open them. Trying to open it too many times will cause my laptop to crash saying kernel security check error....