Windows 10: All apps are hidden upon connecting to a wifi with a connection page

Discus and support All apps are hidden upon connecting to a wifi with a connection page in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Upon connecting to a public WiFi with a connection page, the default browser is automatically opened on said page. However, in doing so, all my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ColombVictor, Feb 22, 2020.

1. All apps are hidden upon connecting to a wifi with a connection page

Upon connecting to a public WiFi with a connection page, the default browser is automatically opened on said page.

However, in doing so, all my other apps are hidden. They disappear from both my screen and the taskbar. Yet the processes are still running they still appear in the task manager...

Does anyone have the same issue or is it specific to my installation ?

Does anyone have a fix ?

Thanks

:)

ColombVictor, Feb 22, 2020
  2. Sujansh23 Win User

Wifi doesent automaticaly connect to known hidden wifi

Step 1: Connect manually to the hidden SSID.

Step 2: Open Network and Sharing Center by right clicking on the wifi icon on the bottom right side of your desktop.

Step 3: Click on the name of your wifi connection.

Step 4: When the "Wi-Fi Status" box opens, click on "Wireless Properties".

Step 5: Check the box for "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting its name (SSID)"

Enjoy!!!

Sujansh23, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Woodg Win User
    Nokia 920 and 820 will not connect to hidden SSID WiFi

I think the HTX WiFi app is only designed to keep WiFi connected when the screen is off.

Anyway, I sorry I can't help resolve your issue, although I can't help but think it is an issue specific to you or your setup because I can only find one other person complaining about this, but it was with a Nokia 710 and WP 7.5 (see

http://forums.wpcentral.com/lumia-710/198447-cant-connect-hidden-ssid-wifi-networks.html
    )

Woodg, Feb 22, 2020
  4. wabbles Win User

All apps are hidden upon connecting to a wifi with a connection page

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

All apps are hidden upon connecting to a wifi with a connection page

1. All apps are hidden upon connecting to a wifi with a connection page - Similar Threads - apps are hidden

2. Connectivity with Wifi mac address in hidden network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity with Wifi mac address in hidden network: Hi,I have a few questions in doubts I am encountering some issues since I have a totally new router and extended mesh. Initially telco man set dual bands with same username and password. Each time I on internet a strong hidden wifi detected. I get telco in again to see any...
  3. Connectivity with Wifi mac address in hidden network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connectivity with Wifi mac address in hidden network: Hi,I have a few questions in doubts I am encountering some issues since I have a totally new router and extended mesh. Initially telco man set dual bands with same username and password. Each time I on internet a strong hidden wifi detected. I get telco in again to see any...
  4. Hidden WIFI SSID connections keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden WIFI SSID connections keep disappearing: We have a lot of Windows 10 computers that connect to our Wifi using a hidden SSID. We configure the SSID on the computers and they work perfectly fine for a while, but after some time, the Hidden SSID just disappears and the Wifi connects to our guest network instead. We...
  5. Hidden WIFI SSID connections keep disappearing

Hidden WIFI SSID connections keep disappearing: We have a lot of Windows 10 computers that connect to our Wifi using a hidden SSID. We configure the SSID on the computers and they work perfectly fine for a while, but after some time, the Hidden SSID just disappears and the Wifi connects to our guest network instead. We...
  6. Hidden WIFI SSID connections keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Unable to connect to hidden wifi when restarting

Unable to connect to hidden wifi when restarting: hi i am connected to my home wifi and it is hidden and sometimes when i restart the computer or just open the computer it doesnt connect to the wifi unless i disable the network and enable it again and it is really annoying to do it so often is there any way to get rid of...
  8. Unable to connect to hidden wifi when restarting

Unable to connect to hidden wifi when restarting: hi i am connected to my home wifi and it is hidden and sometimes when i restart the computer or just open the computer it doesnt connect to the wifi unless i disable the network and enable it again and it is really annoying to do it so often is there any way to get rid of...
  9. Wifi shown as Ethernet upon connection

Wifi shown as Ethernet upon connection: Wifi icon turns into connected via ethernet icon once the connection is established. May times the connection will not have internet access. I have checked my wifi and it has no issues. I am guessing it to be some kind of a bridge? I do not have hyper-V enabled/installed....
  10. Multiple Hidden Wifi connections

Multiple Hidden Wifi connections: Hello! Just started using Windows 10 and have been having issues staying connected to hidden SSID's. I have several hidden SSID's that I need to be able to connect to automatically, I was using windows 8 and never had an issue. I am very baffled as to why this is happening....