Windows 10: All Apps crashing after hardware switch

Discus and support All Apps crashing after hardware switch in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro running with a retail key (not the generic upgrade key). I boot this installation sometimes natively and sometimes as a (VMWare... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lx07, Sep 14, 2015.

1. lx07 Win User

All Apps crashing after hardware switch

I have Windows 10 Pro running with a retail key (not the generic upgrade key). I boot this installation sometimes natively and sometimes as a (VMWare Fusion) VM. Whichever I boot my installation is immediately seen as permanently activated (although the hardware is different of course).

Each time I swap though from native to VM or v.v. I get these 3 errors when trying to open any of the new apps (mail, store, news etc) and they immediately close.

Code: Event 10001, DistributedCOM Unable to start a DCOM Server: AppexNews as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error: "317" Happened while starting this command: "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.BingNews_4.5.168.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.Msn.News.exe" -ServerName:AppexNews.AppX3vz52bd72d0ycrnwe6jysfgn7k1qcv00.mca Event 111, Client-Licensing License install failed for license Id 1c6579d7-c7e5-b432-7acf-8ac8576e5a61 Type: 3 Package (if available): User Id (if available): Result code: 0xC0EA0003 Event 5973, Apps Activation of app Microsoft.BingNews_8wekyb3d8bbwe!AppexNews failed with error: Unknown HResult Error code: 0xc0eb0003 See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.[/quote] This is resolved when (after some time) I get the notification message in Action Center to verify my MS account (in Settings > Accounts > Your Account). After verification with my pin the apps all work again. They then continue to work until I boot the other way when the same issue happens.

Is there some way to force account verification on log-on as the length of time it takes is seemingly random and I can't verify my account (or use any of these apps) until it is done?

:)

2. Azi_ Win User

apps crashing after update 8.10.142 on Lumia 730

Its all now fine and back to normal. Smooth and solid after a simple restart. This was the first time I experienced this much problem from my Lumia.

Don't really know why I experienced the problem of apps crashing when switching apps.

So the update is fine...

But I experienced the following problem....

I have a Lumia 730 device, the inbuilt OS (8.1)that came with the phone was smooth, reliable and stable.

But after the update to 8.10.142, almost all the app crashes.

This happens when I open an app and returns to the start menu and when I try to switch back to the app it shows RESUMING.... Then it crashes.

The main problem is that almost all the apps ( except the phone dialer) crashes almost all the Microsoft app and third party app crashes.

WhatsApp is a main app that crashes all the time EVEN AL STARTUP.

Please fix it and provide an update as soon as possible. Without an update the phone performance is very terrible.

3. Stormport Win User
    Blue Screen Crash: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION: Netio.sys

The crash occurs whenever after I switch on my computer or after restart!

After resetting itself this crash reoccurs for several more times (about 6-10) and then all is Ok - until the next time I switch on my computer!

How can i get rid of this very annoying problem?

Stormport, Sep 14, 2015
Thema:

All Apps crashing after hardware switch

1. All Apps crashing after hardware switch - Similar Threads - Apps crashing hardware

2. all apps on windows 10 are crashing after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all apps on windows 10 are crashing after update: I used windows 11 but after update the windows apps are not working so i install windows 10 but i face the same problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-apps-on-windows-10-are-crashing-after-update/9e8219e7-51a3-4023-a4c2-736ea6e2315c
  3. all apps on windows 10 are crashing after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all apps on windows 10 are crashing after update: I used windows 11 but after update the windows apps are not working so i install windows 10 but i face the same problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-apps-on-windows-10-are-crashing-after-update/9e8219e7-51a3-4023-a4c2-736ea6e2315c
  4. Constant Crashes after Hardware Changes

Constant Crashes after Hardware Changes: I recently had an issue where my PC just stopped working. It seemed to be a PSU issue so I replaced that, but then the GPU was also not working, so I replaced that. At the same time I also replaced the MOBO and CPU. Probably not the best idea to replace all at the same time,...
  5. all games crash after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all games crash after hardware upgrade: i upgraded my motherboard cpu ram and didn't upgrade my gpu and i have been getting countless crashes and bluescreen can u look into this dump ?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tAJsKQxvtAQnxwQlBDJF7XIuube_Sfat/view?usp=sharing...
  6. all games crash after hardware upgrade

all games crash after hardware upgrade: i upgraded my motherboard cpu ram and didn't upgrade my gpu and i have been getting countless crashes and bluescreen can u look into this dump ?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tAJsKQxvtAQnxwQlBDJF7XIuube_Sfat/view?usp=sharing...
  7. Can't reactivate windows after hardware switch

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't reactivate windows after hardware switch: I took out my ssd in order to do a little cable management, and now I can't reactivate windows. When I try to use the "I recently changed my hardware" option in the activation troubleshoot, it says that there are no devices that I can recover from. I don't remember ever...
  8. Windows 10 activation after switching hardware

Windows 10 activation after switching hardware: Hi. I just got a new computer and I moved my ssd to it and now windows is not activated. On my previous computer windows was activated using a digital license that is linked to my Microsoft account. When I go to the activation troubleshooter and click I changed hardware...
  9. after a crash startup apps will not start at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after a crash startup apps will not start at all: After i was attempting to select multiple images in a folder with ctrl+click my computer crashed and now the apps that are listed as startup apps will absolutely not start at all. These include steam and icue which i have tried downloading the installers and reinstalling but...
  10. Activating Windows After Hardware Switch

Activating Windows After Hardware Switch: Today I switched out my motherboard and processor in my PC, but when I finally got it booted windows wasn't activated. I clicked on Troubleshoot and it responds with "We were not able to activate windows on this device." I've tried typing in my Product Key in the "Change...