Windows 10: All Apps Crashing on Startup -- Windows Reset, wsreset, Powershell, etc. don't work

Discus and support All Apps Crashing on Startup -- Windows Reset, wsreset, Powershell, etc. don't work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've had a problem with apps not working and/or crashing on startup for about a week now. I've tried: -Re-registering all apps via PowerShell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CsongorB., Jul 26, 2020.

1. CsongorB. Win User

All Apps Crashing on Startup -- Windows Reset, wsreset, Powershell, etc. don't work

I've had a problem with apps not working and/or crashing on startup for about a week now. I've tried:

-Re-registering all apps via PowerShell

-Using wsreset

-Updating Windows

-Resetting Windows while keeping personal files ~4 times by now

-Resetting Microsoft Store

-Using a different Administrator account to check

-Using System File Checker

And none of these have worked. The original issue was that all default apps were stuck on the "downloading" status when trying to open them, accompanied by the Settings menu saying that those default installed apps took up no space. Now, after running the aforementioned PowerShell script, the apps open but crash instantly, while the Settings menu shows all of them as taking up 8.00KB each. Using wsreset leads to an access/permission error, and it's useless anyway as there isn't anything in the cache folder of the Microsoft Store.

Please help.

:)

CsongorB., Jul 26, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Powershell on Startup?

Whenever I boot up Windows, the Powershell window appears for a split second and disappears (but it remains running in the background). I don't know why but I found out that I have 2 instances of Powershell appearing in my list of Startup apps, both have
    high startup impact.

Is Powershell supposed to run on startup? What'll happen if I just disable it?

Parthu1708, Jul 26, 2020
  4. All Apps Crashing on Startup -- Windows Reset, wsreset, Powershell, etc. don't work

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

All Apps Crashing on Startup -- Windows Reset, wsreset, Powershell, etc. don't work

1. All Apps Crashing on Startup -- Windows Reset, wsreset, Powershell, etc. don't work - Similar Threads - Apps Crashing Startup

2. Apps in Startup folder don't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps in Startup folder don't: Running Windows 10 Pro with all the latest updates.Have several app shortcuts in my startup folder and they always started when my PC booted up. But for the last few days they haven't started when my PC boots. Windows updated a few days ago 3-7-23 so that could be the...
  3. wsreset and powershell is not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    wsreset and powershell is not working: Microsoft store is not opening error 0x80131500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsreset-and-powershell-is-not-working/2ba1754d-e7e9-4392-9cd9-7e8c39e38250
  4. wsreset and powershell is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsreset and powershell is not working: Microsoft store is not opening error 0x80131500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsreset-and-powershell-is-not-working/2ba1754d-e7e9-4392-9cd9-7e8c39e38250
  5. wsreset and powershell is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows apps don't work after resetting Laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows apps don't work after resetting Laptop.: I have an MSI GF63 laptop. I reset my laptop removing all files option and after when windows installed again I was met with this problem. The pre-installed Windows apps couldn't startup. When I try to click on it, a window pops up but after closes down. The application has...
  7. after a crash startup apps will not start at all

after a crash startup apps will not start at all: After i was attempting to select multiple images in a folder with ctrl+click my computer crashed and now the apps that are listed as startup apps will absolutely not start at all. These include steam and icue which i have tried downloading the installers and reinstalling but...
  8. Powershell Crashes on Startup

Powershell Crashes on Startup: Hi, I logged onto my computer today and for some reason powershell won't open anymore, when I open it, the window pops up for a second before closing again. Strangely, Powershell ISE still works. I looked in event viewer and there seems to be an Application Error,...
  9. ALL Windows apps don't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ALL Windows apps don't work: Hello I have this issue for a while now that all of my windows apps do not work (windows store , photos , mail , feedback hub , any app installed like amazon) I tried to reset them but it didn't solve the problem and my windows is up to date is there is something I can do...
  10. Microsoft Preinstall Apps don't work (Edge, Windows Store etc.)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Preinstall Apps don't work (Edge, Windows Store etc.): Hi guys! I'm having this problem since yesterday, and I can't find anyone with the same problem. I have this problem where no microsoft applications work. I can't open Edge, Windows Store or Photos app. When I want to open them, there is absolutely 0 response. No...