Windows 10: All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu

Discus and support All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, my name's Pedro and I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332. I have a laptop Lenovo Yoga 11s, Intel I5 3339Y, 8GB, Intel HD Graphics 4000... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by netuno60, Apr 27, 2016.

1. netuno60 Win User

All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu

Hi, my name's Pedro and I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332.
    I have a laptop Lenovo Yoga 11s, Intel I5 3339Y, 8GB, Intel HD Graphics 4000 (last driver) and 128GB SSD card.

In the last build (14328), after a good install and a normal work short period, the All Apps in Start Menu has disappeared. It doesn't appears in Start Menu anymore since then.
    I've installed the new build (14332) hoping that this could be solved, but that doesn't happens. I've changed the video driver but that did not work either.

So I'm asking here if anybody has some information about this that could help me to solve it.

Thanx in advance

:)

netuno60, Apr 27, 2016
  2. lintekPC Win User

MSN Money App version 4.21.2212 doesn't launch from the Start Menu

I've done that too. And throw in a reboot too. Same results. And on top of that, the app doesn't appear in the All Apps list of the Start Menu now.

lintekPC, Apr 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 people app problem

Also, the People app doesn't appear in the start menu.

shayne pidding, Apr 27, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

I do not understand your question.

Since 14238, theete is no longer an "all apps" link. All Apps are just shown now.

cereberus, Apr 27, 2016
  5. netuno60 Win User
    I'm sorry I'm not make me clear. It's not a link, it is the All Apps list that normally appears in the Start Menu.
    My problem is that All Apps list vanished from Start Menu.
    I can't run any App because I can't see them anymore. See the image captured from my screen.

All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu [​IMG]

I hope that clears my question.

Thanx

netuno60, Apr 27, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, if you don't have any system restore points, you're welcome to try
    sfc /scannow
    from an elevated command prompt (it takes a while) - check the result and post back-
    but I suspect you will need to do an in-place upgrade repair install, for which you need an iso (or equivalent on disk or flash drive) of your current major build.

dalchina, Apr 27, 2016
  7. netuno60 Win User
    Thank you Dalchina!

I've already did sfc /scannow and as you anticipated nothing wrong has been found. Everything seems ok, but it's not!
    Do you think the next step is really in-place upgrade repair install??

Thanx

netuno60, Apr 27, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

yep.. its relatively painless- I've just done it myself in fact. Quite quick with a SSD.

You could try a new user profile if you were prepared to move to one should that work..

This might work (Powershell, admin):
    Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}

Otherwise:
    Precede it with this in case sthg has happened to your file system:

Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)
    chkdsk C: /F
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed.

An In-place upgrade repair install will fix many things, but not those where the settings are not changed by the procedure.

For this you need an installation medium with the same base build as you have installed.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

This will refresh Windows, after the manner of a Windows installation.
    - all/most associations will be unchanged
    - all your programs will be left installed
    - you will lose any custom fonts
    - you will lose any customised system icons
    - you may need to re-establish your Wi-Fi connection
    - you will need to redo Windows updates subsequent to the build you have used for the repair install
    - Windows.old will be created
    - system restore will be turned off- you should turn it on again and I recommend you manually schedule a daily restore point.
    - you will need to redo any language downloads including the display language if you changed that)
    - inactive title bar colouring (if used) will be reset to default
    - if Qttabbar is installed, you need to re-enable it in explorer (Options, check Qttabbar)
    This is one of the better features of Win10: as each major build comes out, that's your updated reference build, and as updates are mostly cumulative, there will be few to do.

Recommendation:
    Before you perform this major repair procedure, do create a disk image.

Please consider using disk imaging regularly. It's a brilliant way to
    - preserve your system (and your sanity)
    - back up your data
    - restore your system to a previously working state in a relatively short time

Recommended: Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper (free) + their boot disk/device + large enough external storage medium.

dalchina, Apr 27, 2016
  9. netuno60 Win User
    Thanx Dalchina for your kind assistance. I'll first energize my courage, then I'll give it a try.
    I think I'll make a ISO from my $WINDOWS.~BT folder and then I proceed with your guidelines.

Thank you

netuno60, Apr 27, 2016
  10. netuno60 Win User
    I did it!
    I've create an ISO from my $WINDOWS.~BT folder and then a USB driver using Rufus. After that I follow the instructions in the Tutorial for In-Place Upgrade Repair.
    It did worked fine. Windows and all my apps came back in good shape.
    But my original problem has not been solved. I remain with no All Apps list in the Start Menu. I think the problem has to be linked with my Lenovo and my video driver (which it's actuallized ).
    Do you have any ideas!!??

Thanx

netuno60, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu - Similar Threads - Apps doesn't appears

2. App installed via Amazon AppStore doesn't appear in start menu. The app is the Ancestry app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App installed via Amazon AppStore doesn't appear in start menu. The app is the Ancestry app.: Wanted the Ancestry app. Was taken to the microsoft store to get it. It then sent me to Amazon to actually get the app from its appstore. Had to reboot for some reason after the installation. Then could not find the app in my start menu, only a link to the amazon appstore...
  3. App installed via Amazon AppStore doesn't appear in start menu. The app is the Ancestry app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App installed via Amazon AppStore doesn't appear in start menu. The app is the Ancestry app.: Wanted the Ancestry app. Was taken to the microsoft store to get it. It then sent me to Amazon to actually get the app from its appstore. Had to reboot for some reason after the installation. Then could not find the app in my start menu, only a link to the amazon appstore...
  4. Strange appearance for start menu apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange appearance for start menu apps: Ever since I set up my Surface Pro 4, the icons have looked strange both when pinned to Start and when I search the program from Start. There doesn't seem to be a performance issue, but the appearance has been deteriorating so that the icons now also look dark for some...
  5. New Apps appearing on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Apps appearing on Start Menu: The first thing i did after installing Win10 was setting my updates to notify for downloads and installation so that I could decide whether to download updates or not. However I noticed that new apps like People, Phone Companion, Calculator appeared on the start menu after...
  6. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  7. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  8. Start Menu doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu doesn't appear: Help! I'm working on my friend's Win 10 laptop, I just moved it from a mechanical hard disk to an SSD, but now the start menu doesn't appear when I left click on the Win logo (Though right clicking on it does the normal right click stuff) I tried doing an SFC /Scannow -...
  9. Shortcut Doesn't Appear In Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut Doesn't Appear In Start Menu: Hello. I have Sysinternals Autoruns installed. I created a shortcut to the executable, moved the shortcut to "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sysinternals Software", but it simply will not show in my start menu, even after a reboot (several...
  10. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...