Windows 10: All Apps - How to sort by Category?

Discus and support All Apps - How to sort by Category? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 8.1, when I go to the start screen and show the all apps, I sort the apps by Category (instead of alphabetical). I also select an option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IsaacFL, Apr 7, 2015.

1. IsaacFL Win User

All Apps - How to sort by Category?

In Windows 8.1, when I go to the start screen and show the all apps, I sort the apps by Category (instead of alphabetical). I also select an option to show Desktop apps first.

Is it not possible to do this in Windows 10?

I am using Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 10041

Thanks,

:)

IsaacFL, Apr 7, 2015
  2. xchaser Win User

How can I sort by...

How can I sort by free apps. I want to be able to see just the free apps.

xchaser, Apr 7, 2015
  3. DarkAngel_FR Win User
    How can I sort by...

on the device, in the "what's new" (or any category or "most popular"), on top tap "View All" and choose "Free"

this will show you only free apps All Apps - How to sort by Category? :eek:)

hope this helps!

DarkAngel_FR, Apr 7, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

To my knowledge.. no. You can pin item's to the right hand side of the start menu and categorize/label them but other than that you're limited.

BunnyJ, Apr 7, 2015
Thema:

1. All Apps - How to sort by Category? - Similar Threads - Apps sort Category

2. All sorts of daily BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All sorts of daily BSOD: Hello guys, I've been having trouble with my Windows 10 recently. I've been encountering all sorts of Blue Screens of Death, which seems very odd to me. Most of the time I'm gaming or watching a YouTube video while the crashes occur, but sometimes I'm not doing anything and...
  3. How to select ALL in email App?

in Browsers and Email
    How to select ALL in email App?: Anyone know how I can select ALL and have all the emails listed "ticked" for deletion or to move? I see there is a "tick" button, but then you have to manually select each one... 22453
  4. All Apps sorting issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Apps sorting issue: Greetings all. I have a couple of persistent irritations with my Win10 Pro setup that I can find no remedy for. Posting on various MS forums in the past for other issues has generally only elicited a 'run sfc /scannow', followed by no further comment. So, I'm bypassing them...
  5. Apps Menu Sorting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps Menu Sorting: I decided to create a folder in the apps menu for all of my games. I moved all of my game shortcuts from my desktop into the new Games folder I discovered that if there was already an entry for a game in another folder that the new entry would not be displayed. This is not...
  6. Sorting the all apps list?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sorting the all apps list?: OK. I know how to "go to file location" and some of the other basic tips, but I am still having two issues with the Windows 10 start menu after several hours of searching reading and pulling hair out. 1) A few of my apps (programs I installed, not apps from the store) were...
  7. All sorts of problems on unexpected reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    All sorts of problems on unexpected reboot: This morning my computer rebooted for no apparent reason. Then a screen said "Please wait" without the harddrive activity light doing anything for a half hour. I pushed the power button and the computer went off. I pushed it again and nothing happened, repeatedly. I...
  8. Change sort on settings Apps & features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change sort on settings Apps & features: The dopey thing defaults to sort by file size so you can't find anything! Has anyone found out how to set the default to sort by name? 13545
  9. make start button default to all apps and remove ABC categories

in Windows 10 Support
    make start button default to all apps and remove ABC categories: Anyway to make start button list all my applications without having to to click all apps and remove the abc categories? 8970
  10. How to sort documents

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sort documents: I have copied my documents from win 7 to win 10 build 9879 and they are reversed in order. For example zip codes is listed first, while acronis is listed last on the page. There are about 50 total docs. on the page. Does anyone know how to make it sort the documents...