All Apps - How to sort by Category?

Discus and support All Apps - How to sort by Category? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 8.1, when I go to the start screen and show the all apps, I sort the apps by Category (instead of alphabetical). I also select an option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IsaacFL, Apr 7, 2015.

1. IsaacFL Win User

In Windows 8.1, when I go to the start screen and show the all apps, I sort the apps by Category (instead of alphabetical). I also select an option to show Desktop apps first.

Is it not possible to do this in Windows 10?

I am using Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 10041

Thanks,

:)

IsaacFL, Apr 7, 2015
  2. xchaser Win User

How can I sort by...

How can I sort by free apps. I want to be able to see just the free apps.

xchaser, Apr 7, 2015
  3. DarkAngel_FR Win User
    How can I sort by...

on the device, in the "what's new" (or any category or "most popular"), on top tap "View All" and choose "Free"

this will show you only free apps All Apps - How to sort by Category? :eek:)

hope this helps!

DarkAngel_FR, Apr 7, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

To my knowledge.. no. You can pin item's to the right hand side of the start menu and categorize/label them but other than that you're limited.

BunnyJ, Apr 7, 2015
Thema:

1. All Apps - How to sort by Category? - Similar Threads - Apps sort Category

2. Microsoft pushing out the folder protection feature to its Windows 10 OneDrive app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pushing out the folder protection feature to its Windows 10 OneDrive app: Microsoft had earlier announced that it is working on a folder protection feature for its OneDrive app for Windows 10 PCs which will help the users to backup important documents, pictures and desktop folders to the OneDrive app. The feature called as “Folder protection...
  3. wireless dispaly mirroring app "connect" not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless dispaly mirroring app "connect" not working.: I tried to connect my smartphone display to my windows 10 pc but even if my phone showing as connected pc still showing trying to connect and after a while said can't connect try again .... what should I do ????...
  4. Windows 10 FREEZES when automatically reopening apps after restarting due to UPDATES.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 FREEZES when automatically reopening apps after restarting due to UPDATES.: Take Spotify (desktop player app) for example. I have Spotify preferences set to NOT automatically start Spotify when Windows starts but Windows 10 will open it automatically, anyway, after the system restarts. These restarts are due to Windows Updates but probably have no...
  5. How do I remove a RAID 1 configuration created by Intel RST on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I remove a RAID 1 configuration created by Intel RST on Windows 10?: G'day all, I have an Acer Predator G9-593 running Windows 10. I have a 256GB SSD and 2TB HDD and created a RAID 1 volume using Intel Rapid Store Technology. I want to return the drives back to the native configuration (break/disable the RAID 1), but am not having any luck....
  6. How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger: Hi, I would like to create a task in Task Scheduler on Windows 10, which is triggered if a specific notification appears in Action Center. How can I do this, or is this even possible? Thanks in advance, David...
  7. How do I disable the notification icon on my acer laptop? as it keeps popping up and making...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the notification icon on my acer laptop? as it keeps popping up and making...: How do I disable the notification icon on my laptop? as it keep popping up and making a lot of noices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/how-do-i-disable-the-notification-icon-on-my-acer/de41b656-b1b8-4951-81d2-fb583da0d19e
  8. Concepts, the popular sketching app is now available in the Microsoft Store for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Concepts, the popular sketching app is now available in the Microsoft Store for Windows 10: Concepts, the award-winning, advanced sketching and design app for professional creators is now available for Windows 10 via the Microsoft Store. The Concepts is a very popular app on the Apple App Store for iOS devices. It comes with features like infinite canvas and organic...
  9. window photo app not color calibrated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window photo app not color calibrated: Can't believe MS would replace a program like photo viewer which has color management and looks right with a generic photo app that is overly saturated and contrast. Your window phone is gone, so stop doing generic program app. They even removed enhance photos and the...
  10. How to open to a full window ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to open to a full window ?: Hi Guys More of my windows, especially Googlemail, open to a 1/2 window then I maxamise but surely it can be made to open fully. I seem to remember in past, if you drag window to full size, then close, it will be 100% next time, not so. Another tip seemed to be, drag to...