All Apps - How to sort by Category?

Discus and support All Apps - How to sort by Category? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; In Windows 8.1, when I go to the start screen and show the all apps, I sort the apps by Category (instead of alphabetical). I also select an option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IsaacFL, Apr 8, 2015.

1. IsaacFL Win User

In Windows 8.1, when I go to the start screen and show the all apps, I sort the apps by Category (instead of alphabetical). I also select an option to show Desktop apps first.

Is it not possible to do this in Windows 10?

I am using Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 10041

Thanks,

:)

IsaacFL, Apr 8, 2015
  2. xchaser Win User

How can I sort by...

How can I sort by free apps. I want to be able to see just the free apps.

xchaser, Apr 8, 2015
  3. DarkAngel_FR Win User
    How can I sort by...

on the device, in the "what's new" (or any category or "most popular"), on top tap "View All" and choose "Free"

this will show you only free apps :eek:)

hope this helps!

DarkAngel_FR, Apr 8, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

To my knowledge.. no. You can pin item's to the right hand side of the start menu and categorize/label them but other than that you're limited.

BunnyJ, Apr 8, 2015
Thema:

All Apps - How to sort by Category? - Similar Threads - Apps sort Category

Forum Date

Updated drivers app will not run on Windows 10

Updated drivers app will not run on Windows 10: I am looking for guidance on an issue that I have just started having again. 3 years ago I started seeing what I assume is the BSOD and after having to do a custom install of windows 10 to get to the most current version of 1803 the problem has appeared again. Yesterday and...
Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware Yesterday at 7:02 PM

Sorting mail accounts in mail app

Sorting mail accounts in mail app: How can i sort them? Hey are sorted as i add them. 94121
Browsers and Email Sep 23, 2017

All Apps sorting issue

All Apps sorting issue: Greetings all. I have a couple of persistent irritations with my Win10 Pro setup that I can find no remedy for. Posting on various MS forums in the past for other issues has generally only elicited a 'run sfc /scannow', followed by no further comment. So, I'm bypassing them...
Windows 10 Software and Apps Mar 26, 2016

Apps Menu Sorting

Apps Menu Sorting: I decided to create a folder in the apps menu for all of my games. I moved all of my game shortcuts from my desktop into the new Games folder I discovered that if there was already an entry for a game in another folder that the new entry would not be displayed. This is not...
Windows 10 Software and Apps Dec 15, 2015

Internet Radio --any good App that sorts on Location and Genre

Internet Radio --any good App that sorts on Location and Genre: Hi there I'm looking for a Windows app that can replace the Linux Cantata app that can give you Internet Radio (Free stations) with a decent sorting --Location, City and particularly by GENRE. Most Windows apps give you all the stations in a particular area which takes an...
Windows 10 Software and Apps Oct 19, 2016

Sorting the all apps list?

Sorting the all apps list?: OK. I know how to "go to file location" and some of the other basic tips, but I am still having two issues with the Windows 10 start menu after several hours of searching reading and pulling hair out. 1) A few of my apps (programs I installed, not apps from the store) were...
Windows 10 Support Jan 4, 2016

Change sort on settings Apps & features

Change sort on settings Apps & features: The dopey thing defaults to sort by file size so you can't find anything! Has anyone found out how to set the default to sort by name? 13545
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Aug 6, 2015
All Apps - How to sort by Category? solved