Windows 10: All Apps - How to sort by Category?

Discus and support All Apps - How to sort by Category? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 8.1, when I go to the start screen and show the all apps, I sort the apps by Category (instead of alphabetical). I also select an option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IsaacFL, Apr 7, 2015.

1. IsaacFL Win User

All Apps - How to sort by Category?

In Windows 8.1, when I go to the start screen and show the all apps, I sort the apps by Category (instead of alphabetical). I also select an option to show Desktop apps first.

Is it not possible to do this in Windows 10?

I am using Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 10041

Thanks,

:)

IsaacFL, Apr 7, 2015
  2. xchaser Win User

How can I sort by...

How can I sort by free apps. I want to be able to see just the free apps.

xchaser, Apr 7, 2015
  3. How can I sort by...

on the device, in the "what's new" (or any category or "most popular"), on top tap "View All" and choose "Free"

this will show you only free apps All Apps - How to sort by Category? :eek:)

hope this helps!

DarkAngel_FR, Apr 7, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

To my knowledge.. no. You can pin item's to the right hand side of the start menu and categorize/label them but other than that you're limited.

BunnyJ, Apr 7, 2015
Thema:

1. All Apps - How to sort by Category? - Similar Threads - Apps sort Category

2. How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...: When File Explorer opens a folder, it sorts all folders and files inside in an order according to the settings of that folder. How to get the list of all folders and files or at least of files only sorted in the same order? Not meaning just to look the list in the interface...
  3. How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...: When File Explorer opens a folder, it sorts all folders and files inside in an order according to the settings of that folder. How to get the list of all folders and files or at least of files only sorted in the same order? Not meaning just to look the list in the interface...
  4. How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sort Folders by Type or Category?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort Folders by Type or Category?: I use my PC for software like Autodesk Maya, Blender, Zbrush, all common 3D software with directories and such. All of these software have directories to store their data in Documents, but I have other folders there and would like to sort them all with a label or something to...
  6. Sort Folders by Type or Category?

Sort Folders by Type or Category?: I use my PC for software like Autodesk Maya, Blender, Zbrush, all common 3D software with directories and such. All of these software have directories to store their data in Documents, but I have other folders there and would like to sort them all with a label or something to...
  7. How to sort apps in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sort apps in windows 11: I just started using Win 11 on a new computer. I am very happy with the organization of apps when the start button is clicked. When clicks on more, the apps appear to be arranged by date of installation. Is there a way to sort the apps in alphabetical order similar to the Win...
  8. How to sort apps in windows 11

How to sort apps in windows 11: I just started using Win 11 on a new computer. I am very happy with the organization of apps when the start button is clicked. When clicks on more, the apps appear to be arranged by date of installation. Is there a way to sort the apps in alphabetical order similar to the Win...
  9. All Apps sorting issue

All Apps sorting issue: Greetings all. I have a couple of persistent irritations with my Win10 Pro setup that I can find no remedy for. Posting on various MS forums in the past for other issues has generally only elicited a 'run sfc /scannow', followed by no further comment. So, I'm bypassing them...
  10. Sorting the all apps list?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sorting the all apps list?: OK. I know how to "go to file location" and some of the other basic tips, but I am still having two issues with the Windows 10 start menu after several hours of searching reading and pulling hair out. 1) A few of my apps (programs I installed, not apps from the store) were...