Windows 10: All Apps Not Opening

Discus and support All Apps Not Opening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. Recently, I decided to try and import photos from my phone to my computer to free up space. Usually, I go into my photos app and just import... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Historianly, Jun 10, 2019.

1. All Apps Not Opening

Hello. Recently, I decided to try and import photos from my phone to my computer to free up space. Usually, I go into my photos app and just import from there, but everytime I open the photos app, it stays open for 3 seconds or so with a black screen, before shutting down. I thought this personally odd and went to the microsoft store app to check if anything needed to be updated, but it just did the same thing; launching and immediately shutting down. Although, the only differences were that it had an orange backdrop and the logo of the app (orange because it's my theme color for my computer.) I tried consulting the two top articles online for both of these issues but they were written back around 2017 and I fear them being outdated. How should I go about fixing this?

Tldr; Apps keep shutting down/crashing, articles for help outdated by 2+ years, help?

I've already updated my computer but it didnt seem to work.

:)

Historianly, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. All Apps Not Opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jun 10, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

All Apps Not Opening

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

All Apps Not Opening

1. All Apps Not Opening - Similar Threads - Apps Opening

2. how do i open an app that is not microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i open an app that is not microsoft: how do i open an app that is not microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-an-app-that-is-not-microsoft/60d9afa1-42c1-462f-8b59-0c3562549551
  3. how do i open an app that is not microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i open an app that is not microsoft: how do i open an app that is not microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-an-app-that-is-not-microsoft/60d9afa1-42c1-462f-8b59-0c3562549551
  4. My computer apps aren’t opening after an update on divers and nothing can open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer apps aren’t opening after an update on divers and nothing can open: I updated my divers on my computer and now I can’t open any apps not even the default ones such as setting and such I’m unsure of what to do any help would be nice...
  5. My computer apps aren’t opening after an update on divers and nothing can open

My computer apps aren’t opening after an update on divers and nothing can open: I updated my divers on my computer and now I can’t open any apps not even the default ones such as setting and such I’m unsure of what to do any help would be nice...
  6. My computer apps aren’t opening after an on divers and nothing can open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer apps aren’t opening after an on divers and nothing can open: I updated my divers on my computer and now I can’t open any apps not even the default ones such as setting a and such I’m unsure of what to do any help would be nice...
  7. My computer apps aren’t opening after an on divers and nothing can open

My computer apps aren’t opening after an on divers and nothing can open: I updated my divers on my computer and now I can’t open any apps not even the default ones such as setting a and such I’m unsure of what to do any help would be nice...
  8. when my device is unplugged and connected to external display and I open an app it my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when my device is unplugged and connected to external display and I open an app it my...: I have a asus tuf gaming a16 and it starts working when I plug in the AC adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-my-device-is-unplugged-and-connected-to/83384451-4815-46db-82b2-830a004d8354
  9. when my device is unplugged and connected to external display and I open an app it my...

when my device is unplugged and connected to external display and I open an app it my...: I have a asus tuf gaming a16 and it starts working when I plug in the AC adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-my-device-is-unplugged-and-connected-to/83384451-4815-46db-82b2-830a004d8354
  10. My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator

My apps crash and wont open again unless I run them as administrator: Today I installed a new motherboard, cpu and a graphics card and now after having my computer turned on for a minute all of my apps crash and wont open unless I run them as administrator. I have tried different solutions to fix this problem but none of them have helped, I...