Windows 10: all attempts to connect to internet websites fail, while ALL GOOGLE urls still work fine

Discus and support all attempts to connect to internet websites fail, while ALL GOOGLE urls still work fine in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Suddenly... with no changes made by me to any settings... 1 fails to communicate with all Ethernet Network connected devices printers etc for first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ForrestBlack, Dec 28, 2019.

1. all attempts to connect to internet websites fail, while ALL GOOGLE urls still work fine

Suddenly... with no changes made by me to any settings...

1 fails to communicate with all Ethernet Network connected devices printers etc for first time after 6 months of stable service

2 Cannot browse internet webtites... EXCEPT ALL GOOGLE related urls DO work... gmail, news, youtube, etc

AT&T Connect Tech CSR guided me through all she could to correct any bad settings

finally guided me to Windows 10 image restore, using prior stable Windows 10 saved image from6 month prior

Windows 10, Dell 8500 XPS i7 PC

ipconfig yields "media disconnected" on Bluetooth, WIFI, Ethernet.

Successfully connects to AT&T modem as NETWORK 2

with the above going on...

Why would all attempts to connect to internet websites fail, while ALL GOOGLE urls still work fine?

Not sure what to do next...

:)

ForrestBlack, Dec 28, 2019
  2. quaductas Win User

Ping works fine, but no Internet connection in browser

Without having changed any settings, I can't access the Internet anymore through my laptop running Windows 10. Every browser tells me the connection has timed out. I can connect to the router and other devices on the network are not affected. Windows tells me that I am "connected to the Internet" but apparently, that's no help. It doesn't seem to work through other WiFi networks or ethernet either.

ping google.com works fine and surfing by IP address does not help.
    I tried restarting the computer, restarting the router, resetting IP configuration with no avail. I couldn't find a problem in the network settings either. I tried about anything suggested on this website.
    I hope someone of you has any idea as to what could resolve the issue. Thanks.

Update

So it turns out I can access google websites such as google.com or youtube, but nothing else. I tried some of the suggestions I found online, but nothing worked. Ideas?

quaductas, Dec 28, 2019
  3. google chrome got no internet connection but edge works fine

google chrome got no internet connection but edge works fine after update

SilentKiller2, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Anna Bol Win User

all attempts to connect to internet websites fail, while ALL GOOGLE urls still work fine

hero finnone website open in google chrome but not in internet explorer why?

Hello Shashi,

We have tried on the link on our end and it seemed to work fine on all browsers. That being said, this could be an issue with Internet Explorer itself. To better assist you, we’d like to know the following information:

• Which version of Internet Explorer are you using?
    • Were you able to access this website before in Internet Explorer?
    • Have you made any specific changes with Internet Explorer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, I suggest that you clear the browsing history in Internet Explorer by following the steps on this

link

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Anna Bol, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

all attempts to connect to internet websites fail, while ALL GOOGLE urls still work fine

1. all attempts to connect to internet websites fail, while ALL GOOGLE urls still work fine - Similar Threads - attempts connect internet

2. All apps losing internet connection from wifi, while still connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All apps losing internet connection from wifi, while still connected: I have a strange situation on my Windows laptop, every 10 or so minutes all apps including browser, games, chat and video call lose internet connection while the laptop remains connected to wifi. Strangely there is clearly still a working internet connection, since people in...
  3. All apps losing internet connection from wifi, while still connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All apps losing internet connection from wifi, while still connected: I have a strange situation on my Windows laptop, every 10 or so minutes all apps including browser, games, chat and video call lose internet connection while the laptop remains connected to wifi. Strangely there is clearly still a working internet connection, since people in...
  4. All apps losing internet connection from wifi, while still connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet is not connected at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet is not connected at all: My brother helped me build my new pc and it turns out I can't connect to the internet.I tried with the antenna and the lan cable but it was no use.I can't even troubleshoot if i do it just says that it didn't detect a properly installed network adapter, there's nothing in the...
  6. All Microsoft apps say no internet connection despite internet working fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Microsoft apps say no internet connection despite internet working fine.: Just to start I was able to fix this issue for about a month by creating an entire new user on my computer. The new user had no issues connecting and signing into any Microsoft apps.I use Teams, Outlook and OneDrive for work and none of them connect. I've also tried Power...
  7. All Microsoft apps say no internet connection despite internet working fine.

All Microsoft apps say no internet connection despite internet working fine.: Just to start I was able to fix this issue for about a month by creating an entire new user on my computer. The new user had no issues connecting and signing into any Microsoft apps.I use Teams, Outlook and OneDrive for work and none of them connect. I've also tried Power...
  8. Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers: I was able to connect to any website last night but when I opened up Chrome today, I could only open a few websites and most of these sites are popular such as barstoolsports, macys, tomshardware, pcgamer, etc... I tried different browsers and had the exact same problem. The...
  9. Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers

Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers: I was able to connect to any website last night but when I opened up Chrome today, I could only open a few websites and most of these sites are popular such as barstoolsports, macys, tomshardware, pcgamer, etc... I tried different browsers and had the exact same problem. The...
  10. Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing