Windows 10: All audio devices not working after update

Discus and support All audio devices not working after update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] After installing updates KB4552931 and KB4556799 and rebooting, all my audio output devices (motherboard, monitor, and VR headset) are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/N22YF, May 23, 2020.

1. /u/N22YF Win User

All audio devices not working after update

All audio devices not working after update sVA90Go7-ozla6WNbREAMkix5-6qpLZLGfpJrCUaUCA.jpg

After installing updates KB4552931 and KB4556799 and rebooting, all my audio output devices (motherboard, monitor, and VR headset) are not working with the status:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Here are the things I've tried, all with no effect:

• Windows troubleshooter
    • Updating one of the audio drivers
    • Uninstalling one of the audio drivers, rebooting, and reinstalling
    • Uninstalling those two Windows updates
    • System restore (no restore points exist before these updates, so I couldn't do that)

Has anyone else run into this? Or, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm at a bit of a loss of what to do, aside from resetting/reinstalling Windows, which I'm really hoping to avoid. I've never run into a problem like this before. Here's a link to my post in the feedback hub. Thanks!

No Audio Output Device is installed.

https://preview.redd.it/c1ndmfbn0h0...bp&s=f524595b2ed644e45df5c7a356d14add804b49ef

submitted by /u/N22YF
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/N22YF, May 23, 2020

2. Audio device

Hi Rajamannar,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to the audio and display driver is out dated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods information provided.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps:

Method 2.

I recommend you to update the audio driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and output and right click on it and
      update the driver.
    • For the video issues try the below method.
    Method 3.

Also I suggest you to update the display driver and let us know the status.

• Press Windows Key + R and type
      devmgmt.msc in the box and hit Enter.

• Locate and Expand the Display Adapter driver.

• Right Click on the Display Device.

• Click on update.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 23, 2020
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, May 23, 2020
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

audio device not working

Hi,

The audio driver might be either outdated or incompatible with your device. Please follow the below methods to troubleshoot the concern.

Method 1: Troubleshooter

First, please run the following diagnostic tools, see if it applies and fixes the concern:

Please run the device troubleshooter by following these steps.

• Go to Control Panel, on the Search Control Panel bar located on the upper-right corner of the Control Panel window, type Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting on the results pane.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Look for Hardware and devices, right-click, and have it Run as administrator.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Please repeat the steps and then rung the troubleshooters for Playing audio.

Method 2: Device driver

This step is not about updating the driver, instead looking for the most compatible one.

• To Update driver, please go to the Cortana search bar beside the Start button. Type devmgmt. Hit Enter.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs. Look for your audio device.
    • Right-click, then select Properties.
    • Navigate to Driver tab. then clickUninstall Device.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Restart the computer

You can also get information from this article: Update drivers in Windows 10.

Hope this helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. All audio devices not working after update - Similar Threads - audio devices working

2. my audio device did not working after updated win11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my audio device did not working after updated win11.: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-device-did-not-working-after-updated/f0c7658c-fa6b-4e41-aaa7-6b7736a619d8
  3. my audio device did not working after updated win11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my audio device did not working after updated win11.: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-device-did-not-working-after-updated/f0c7658c-fa6b-4e41-aaa7-6b7736a619d8
  4. audio not working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio not working after update: I think I need my old driver. my audio stopped working. this has happened before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-working-after-update/bc39bae1-4ed7-459c-9204-b7b70d6d9d1f
  5. Updated to 20H2 now all Behringer audio devices are not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updated to 20H2 now all Behringer audio devices are not working properly.: Apparently updating from 1909 to 20H2 renders behringer audio devices useless. I have tried all of your "help desk page 1" SFC and driver update steps. Is 20H2 not compatible with Behringer UCA devices? should our studios expect to have to buy all new usb sound hardware...
  6. Audio device is switching between working and not working (all output devices are gone)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio device is switching between working and not working (all output devices are gone): Hello, Have been with this problem for the past couple of days, I noticed the audio is not working so I clicked on troubleshoot and it worked but once I close the troubleshooter or after a little it goes back to not working, I noticed even if I don't do anything it goes on...
  7. after latest update, all of my audio devices just disappeared

after latest update, all of my audio devices just disappeared: PROBLEM: all of my audio devices, all well detected and present in device manager, disappeared from sound devices. I have no sound. I can't even use my microphone winver: [ATTACH] it happened after restarting for completing what it looked like an harmless .NET framework...
  8. all audio devices gone after windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    all audio devices gone after windows update: only installed this: https://i.imgur.com/OQ45L6U.png ive been using windows update 2004 since june and never had the problem. after restart I get no audio: https://i.imgur.com/bf5YuGE.png I have different audio devices like on-board, DAC, etc. but it's not just the audio...
  9. Bluetooh audio device not working properly after Win update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooh audio device not working properly after Win update: Greetings! I use a JBL T500BT Bluetooth, both for multimedia audio/video and calls. This device was working great - untilthis update happened. Now the device works only as a "hands-free AG Audio" - which means that every time I try to listen to music, it is impossible:...
  10. All audio devices not working after KB4552931 and KB4556799

All audio devices not working after KB4552931 and KB4556799: After installing updates KB4552931 and KB4556799, all my audio output devices motherboard, monitor, and VR headset are not working with the status, "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 laptop speaker and mic icon has red x after driver reinstalled

2. intel audio not working after windows 10 update