Windows 10: All audio devices stop working until Audio service restart

Discus and support All audio devices stop working until Audio service restart in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As the title says, although a few details. I'm on the Galaxy Book 4 Edge, one of the new Snapdragon Elite laptops, and every once in a while, the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Herofire, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Herofire Win User

All audio devices stop working until Audio service restart

As the title says, although a few details. I'm on the Galaxy Book 4 Edge, one of the new Snapdragon Elite laptops, and every once in a while, the audio just completely stops working. It doesn't matter if I'm using the built in speakers or bluetooth headphones, I just can't hear anything, nor does the OS seem to recognize any device. I do have a fix to this--resetting audio services, usually via the automated troubleshooter--works like a charm, but it's a temporary fix. After a while, the audio usually cuts out again, and I have to go through the whole process all over again. I suspect this is

:)

Herofire, Jun 23, 2024

2. AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Twinblaze Win User
    Windows 10 Audio not working (Audio service issue?)

Windows 10 can't play audio on any device.

Steps taken (Most of them multiple times out of sheer frustration)

Checked to make sure devices show up and are selected as default in sound settings

Ran Troubleshoot Audio Playback

Uninstalled and reinstalled sound card in device manager

Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers

Switched to windows default driver

Ran sfc /scannow

Ran DISM

Attempted to restart audio service, service becomes stuck at "stopping". Terminated service in cmd and started service.

Imported audio service registry files from another computer

Restarted numerous times during troubleshooting process.

Twinblaze, Jun 23, 2024
  4. dalchina Win User

Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working

Try the equivalent on your system of this (not all terms may precisely match your setup)
    (from Guide: How to Fix Audio Not Working in Windows 10 : Windows10)

Note: as you may have found, a number of threads on this topic are unsolved.

You may wish to consider doing an in-place upgrade repair install if no solution is found.

Also consider the possibility of hardware failure. You could check the card is seated, cables secure.

dalchina, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

1. All audio devices stop working until Audio service restart - Similar Threads - audio devices stop

2. All audio devices stop working until Audio service restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All audio devices stop working until Audio service restart: As the title says, although a few details. I'm on the Galaxy Book 4 Edge, one of the new Snapdragon Elite laptops, and every once in a while, the audio just completely stops working. It doesn't matter if I'm using the built in speakers or bluetooth headphones, I just can't...
  3. Audio Service Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Service Stopped Working: Hi, my audio was working fine earlier but after turning my computer off with a windows update my audio service stopped running. I've tried a few things I've seen online but not having any luck. The only thing that isn't running is the windows audio service, but the windows...
  4. Audio Service Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Service Stopped Working: Hi, my audio was working fine earlier but after turning my computer off with a windows update my audio service stopped running. I've tried a few things I've seen online but not having any luck. The only thing that isn't running is the windows audio service, but the windows...
  5. Audio Service Stopped Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows Audio Service not working! - No Audio Devices Installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio Service not working! - No Audio Devices Installed: Hello,I am having trouble with my audio devices: There are no audio devices installed: This error occurred after a troublesome update process:Updates weren't installing due to the same error as mentioned here:...
  7. Audio not working until after multiple restarts.

Audio not working until after multiple restarts.: Whenever I switch on my laptop, the sound system almost never works. And by that I mean is I get NO sound at all. The headphones don't work, the inbuilt speakers don't work. Just silence. I wonder why it happens and have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers multiple times...
  8. my audio service stopped working

my audio service stopped working: How can I get my audio service to wprk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-service-stopped-working/80b3fa27-2fe0-46f5-87ef-be2dce1f3f3a
  9. Intel Audio Service stopped working !!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Audio Service stopped working !!!!: Dear Microsoft, I am using Windows 10 pro on Dell XPS 5 9570 . My reliability history shows there is always error about "Faulting Application Path: C:\windows\system32\cAVS\Intel(R) Audio Service\IntelAudioService.exe" Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks...
  10. Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working

Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working: Hi, My first post on the forum as Ive had it with w10 and it randomly screwing up. Yesterday I switch on my machine and notice the little red cross on the speaker and no sound. when i run troubleshooter I get the "Audio services not responding" and no fix. I have...