Windows 10: All audio playing through mic

Discus and support All audio playing through mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All of my audio including people's voices are playing through my microphone on discord, games and when I'm just testing my mic. When I mute my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JustDanjamin, Apr 7, 2021.

1. All audio playing through mic

All of my audio including people's voices are playing through my microphone on discord, games and when I'm just testing my mic. When I mute my microphone on my headset, the audio of whatever is on my desktop still plays through my mic. This also occurred on an old headset. My headset is also a wireless one, so when I switch to wireless mode, the audio does not echo. Some fixes I've attempted were going into the properties of the mic and checking if the listen button was checked, which it was not. I've also tried checking for driver updates and rolling back the drivers. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

JustDanjamin, Apr 7, 2021

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Lumia 950 mic audio pickup too weak

Hello,

For us to be able to isolate why your audio mic is weak, kindly answer these questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you already contacted B2X regarding your concern?

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Gerald Mal, Apr 7, 2021
  4. NicolaiC Win User

All audio playing through mic

Redirect application audio as mic audio

There is a app I use for my mic called WO mic and this plays live audio from my phone to the computer application, can I redirect the audio in the PC application as Mic audio for gaming? If not are there any applications I can download that can do this?

NicolaiC, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

All audio playing through mic

1. All audio playing through mic - Similar Threads - audio playing through

2. ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic: I recently bought a steelseries headset as a replacement to my old headset, and both headsets had an issue where all of the audio that played on my computer would also play through my microphone. My laptop runs off of Realtek Audio Drivers, and It seems like i'm not the only...
  3. ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic: I recently bought a steelseries headset as a replacement to my old headset, and both headsets had an issue where all of the audio that played on my computer would also play through my microphone. My laptop runs off of Realtek Audio Drivers, and It seems like i'm not the only...
  4. audio playing through mic?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio playing through mic?: okay so discord is picking up any audio i play. youtube, games, notification noises. they all go through and people in voice calls can hear. I've tried updating drivers, disabling stereo mix. nothing helps. this only happens when I use my headset. it doesn't happen if I just...
  5. Music and game audio playing through my mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Music and game audio playing through my mic: I've recently come across a problem where my music or game audio plays through my headset's mic. This started happening a month or two ago iirc. I have tried so many solutions and none of them worked. I don't know what the solution could be now. I've reinstalled drivers,...
  6. Audio Through Mic

Audio Through Mic: When using my mic people can hear my pc audio such as music and games this occurs in all games, calls, meetings. I have seen multiple methods but none have worked even when I mute my headset my computer audio still plays through my mic. How can I fix this...
  7. All system audio coming through mic

All system audio coming through mic: Whenever I use the mic on my headset, it picks up all of my system audio, even if I unplg my mic from my headset. The headset itself uses a three-band 3.5 mm connector, which is split into the green and red 3.5 mm ports. What should I do to fix this? submitted by...
  8. audio playing through mic issue.

audio playing through mic issue.: did you ever find a resolution for this i have had the same issue withg multiple headsets but i always have the same issue, i cant find anything useful online and i cant seem to figure out how to fix it. this is my discord if its easier to respond on that thanks! will neill...
  9. Headphones audio plays through mic too

Headphones audio plays through mic too: For some reason there’s an echo for what I’m hearing through my headphones into my mic and it’s not a hardware problem because I tried muting through the headphones and recording still in the recording I could hear the audio my pc was playing I tried everything but I couldn’t...
  10. Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone

Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone: Hello! My issue at the moment is on my old PC, I had a B&O Play control center with my realtek HDA card, which had an option for acoustic echo cancellation. Normally this should be found in the enhancement tab, correct? The problem is, on my new PC I have Realtek HDA(SST) and...