Windows 10: All Audio Working, but No Playback Sound in Windows Apps?

Discus and support All Audio Working, but No Playback Sound in Windows Apps? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows updated today 4-13-21 to version Win10 64 v 20H2 All audio drivers are updated. El Gato Wave 3 mic, NOT using the Wave Length Software, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JimmyHollis, Apr 13, 2021.

1. All Audio Working, but No Playback Sound in Windows Apps?

Windows updated today 4-13-21 to version Win10 64 v 20H2

All audio drivers are updated. El Gato Wave 3 mic, NOT using the Wave Length Software, so that isn't an issue. Never have used it.

Microphone is working, and is detected by Windows, by online mic testers, and I called my wife and we had a conversation, so mic and speakers are working.

All audio from other sources works spotify, youtube, etc..

The ONLY things I cannot get to playback sound are recorded sounds like the Windows voice recorder and the Windows camera app which I use to record videos. I used both of these last night with no issues. I tried recording in Audacity too, and same issue. It shows that it's picking up the mic sound, but no audio on playback. There were no changes between then and now, but today they do not work. I updates all my drivers thinking that was the issue, but didn't fix it.

I double checked all the cables, it's not muted, the mic and speakers are set to the default/primary devices etc..

The kicker is that previously recorded files that played fine also don't playback, so that would have nothing to do with the current state of my mic, which has me more baffled.

I'm at wits end here trying to figure this out.

:)

JimmyHollis, Apr 13, 2021

2. Sound (Audio Playback)

Hi Lerato,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are facing sound issues after upgrade to Windows 10.

I would like to inform that this issue might have occurred due to the existing drivers after upgrade to Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the existing driver and update it.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart and Windows will re-install the
      IDT High Definition Audio driver
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

For further reference:Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Jessen P Win User
    My audio no longer works on windows 10

Hi Brendon,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• What all troubleshooting steps have you performed to get the issue fixed?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I would suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements and then check if it helps.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the Default Device
      and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Apr 13, 2021
  4. All Audio Working, but No Playback Sound in Windows Apps?

Audio playback

Hi,

There are some reasons why this issue occurs, such as outdated driver or loose cable connection. For help fixing your concern, we recommend running audio troubleshooter. This troubleshooter can automatically identify and fix some issues with audio.

Steps on how to run audio troubleshooter:

• First, click the Start, type Troubleshoot.
    • Then, select Troubleshoot from the list of results.
    • Select Playing Audio.
    • Lastly, Run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, we suggest to check this
    link
    on how to Fix sound problems.

Let us know the status of the issue in this regards. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Marvelos Reg, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

All Audio Working, but No Playback Sound in Windows Apps?

1. All Audio Working, but No Playback Sound in Windows Apps? - Similar Threads - Audio Working Playback

2. Audio is working, but there is no sound! From apps,to windows itself, No Sound!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio is working, but there is no sound! From apps,to windows itself, No Sound!: Problem happened yesterday, was listening to music normally when it paused. I went to replay it, then there was no sound!Things ive tried in the span of 1 and a half days:Reset this pc - did not workreinstalling audio drivers- did not work control panel audio options - did...
  3. Audio is working, but there is no sound! From apps,to windows itself, No Sound!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio is working, but there is no sound! From apps,to windows itself, No Sound!: Problem happened yesterday, was listening to music normally when it paused. I went to replay it, then there was no sound!Things ive tried in the span of 1 and a half days:Reset this pc - did not workreinstalling audio drivers- did not work control panel audio options - did...
  4. Audio, sound or playback issue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio, sound or playback issue...: I've been having this issue for WEEKS now and the problem is that my default device keeps connecting and disconnecting causing extreme lag and fps drop in the middle of a game and has now started to crash youtube videos while i'm watching which it never did. I've tried...
  5. Audio, sound or playback issue...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio, sound or playback issue...: I've been having this issue for WEEKS now and the problem is that my default device keeps connecting and disconnecting causing extreme lag and fps drop in the middle of a game and has now started to crash youtube videos while i'm watching which it never did. I've tried...
  6. Audio, sound or playback issue...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Xbox app playback sound not working when in a party

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app playback sound not working when in a party: The title says it all, When i'm in a party in the Xbox app or Xbox console companion or Game bar, my entire sound system disables, my bluetooth headphones, my speakers, but not my mic. My friends in my party can hear me as they said in text chat but i can't hear them. I have...
  8. speakers make popping sound with audio playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    speakers make popping sound with audio playback: Recently I’ve had an audio problem where I press play on a sound iTunes, Spotify, Netflix, YouTube the playback stutters and delays for a quick second, a bigboom and click comes from my speakers plugged in Logitech speakers w subwoofer and then the audio plays as normal. I’ve...
  9. Audio works fine for playback, streaming, all audio files, everything EXCEPT for windows...

Audio works fine for playback, streaming, all audio files, everything EXCEPT for windows...: As stated, my audio works fine. I have no problem with any sound files EXCEPT for Windows events/actions such as Startup, Shutdown, error, even the "click" sound for a mouse key does not work for Windows, but the sounds are there for anything other than Windows. When I use...
  10. Audio not working only in video playback apps

Audio not working only in video playback apps: Recently, I cannot get any audio to play from any video playback apps such as "Films & TV", "VLC Player", and "Windows Media Player". I've tried downloading additional, third-party applications to try to play my videos with sound. I've tested additional programs such as...