Windows 10: All background apps getting closed after sleep mode

Discus and support All background apps getting closed after sleep mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using windows 11 and after a recent update i have noticed that all my background apps are closed after i wake the laptop after sleep. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Akshaj Tiwari, Jul 2, 2022.

1. All background apps getting closed after sleep mode

I am using windows 11 and after a recent update i have noticed that all my background apps are closed after i wake the laptop after sleep. I tried repairing currupted files through command prompt but that did not worked. Please help since it is causing a lot of problems especially when using web pages.note-1 it does not happens when i open it immediately after the screen timeout but happens when it has been to sleep for such a period of time that it requires password to get up from sleep. and after that i see all background apps closed.2 I am not sure its due to update but yes after that upd

:)

Akshaj Tiwari, Jul 2, 2022

2. Microsoft store's Apps close on while on sleeping

There were only three tutorials for apps closing during sleep which I placed at the top. Where are the results for those steps?

The rest of my post was about general sleep problems which cover everything that affects sleep, and sleep is what's at issue here.

Would you please go back to the top of the thread and at least work through the steps for sleep closing apps, report back the results of those so I know what else to suggest? There is not a lot on this out there, so we may need to find some new fixes here.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Jul 2, 2022
  3. JohnnyGui Win User
    Windows Mail app background bug

Sorry, not sure what you mean. I was talking about choosing a background through the "Browse" button and then repeating that step again with another background. In that case the Mail app won't apply that 2nd background.

JohnnyGui, Jul 2, 2022
  4. All background apps getting closed after sleep mode

Win 10 - constantly shutting down into sleep mode every 64 minutes even when in active use!

Hi Steve,

• Did you check by setting sleep mode option to never?

If not, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

All background apps getting closed after sleep mode

1. All background apps getting closed after sleep mode - Similar Threads - background apps getting

2. Apps close in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps close in sleep mode?: Why do all of my apps close every time my laptop goes to sleep? Microsoft is not always auto recovering either so I often lose what I'm working on when I walk away from the laptop. Using an ASUS ZenBook....
  3. Apps close in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps close in sleep mode?: Why do all of my apps close every time my laptop goes to sleep? Microsoft is not always auto recovering either so I often lose what I'm working on when I walk away from the laptop. Using an ASUS ZenBook....
  4. Apps close in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All background apps getting closed after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All background apps getting closed after sleep mode: I am using windows 11 and after a recent update i have noticed that all my background apps are closed after i wake the laptop after sleep. I tried repairing currupted files through command prompt but that did not worked. Please help since it is causing a lot of problems...
  6. APPS CLOSING AUTO IN SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    APPS CLOSING AUTO IN SLEEP MODE: HI, SOME OF MY APPS, LIKE CHROME, MICROFSOFT EDGE, YOUR PHONE, ALSO SOMETIMES WHATSAPP DESKTOP, KEEP CLOSING AFTER I TURN ON MY HP LAPTOP ENVY AFTER IT GOES TO SLEEP MODE.... PLZ HELP! ALSO THE HIBERNATE OPTION IS NOT AVAILABLE IN MY CONTROL PANEL? WHAT ELSE CAN I TRY?...
  7. APPS CLOSING AUTO IN SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    APPS CLOSING AUTO IN SLEEP MODE: HI, SOME OF MY APPS, LIKE CHROME, MICROFSOFT EDGE, YOUR PHONE, ALSO SOMETIMES WHATSAPP DESKTOP, KEEP CLOSING AFTER I TURN ON MY HP LAPTOP ENVY AFTER IT GOES TO SLEEP MODE.... PLZ HELP! ALSO THE HIBERNATE OPTION IS NOT AVAILABLE IN MY CONTROL PANEL? WHAT ELSE CAN I TRY?...
  8. Sleep mode closing all apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode closing all apps: Not sure if flair is right, but for whatever reason, whenever my laptop wakes up from sleep mode, any apps that I had opened before (Chrome, Word, etc) are all closed. When I tried to open Chrome, it said that it failed to shut down properly. Any idea as to why this is...
  9. All windows closed after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All windows closed after sleep: Hi reddit, New to windows world so apologies in advance.... but when I close my laptop and it goes to sleep at night, when I open it again, all the windows are closed. After some searches, I've found that hybrid sleep tends to fix this, but also discovered that my XPS 9300...
  10. Sleep mode closing all my apps,when waking up the machine.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode closing all my apps,when waking up the machine.: Hello. I noticed yesterday , that when i resume from the sleep state, all my opened apps are gone. They don't stay in the Ram, so when the machine wakes up, i have to reopen everything. Also , when i wake up my laptop, it takes a lot more, like it was shutted down, not put...