Windows 10: All Bookmarks and Favourites lost from Edge and Chrome since Windows update.

Discus and support All Bookmarks and Favourites lost from Edge and Chrome since Windows update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As it says in the title, they are all lost, it looks like my laptop has been reset so it looks as though I have never used either browser, as I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by danielcarroll060, Jun 15, 2020.

1. All Bookmarks and Favourites lost from Edge and Chrome since Windows update.

As it says in the title, they are all lost, it looks like my laptop has been reset so it looks as though I have never used either browser, as I get the welcome pages to both browsers. I have also lost all my shortcuts from the desktop and task bar

I have tried to restore to a previous Windows update but I cannot as it has been more than 10 days.

A similar thing happened on my desktop after an update, but I just restarted my PC and it booted up as normal, with all my shortcuts and browser history.

I am going frantic trying to fix the laptop which belongs to my parents but nothing I try works and all the PC repair shops have closed because of Covid-19.

It seems that something goes wrong with my computers after almost every update, and it has cost me several hundred pounds in repair bills.

:)

danielcarroll060, Jun 15, 2020

2. Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Problem Importing Bookmarks from Firefox into Win 10 Edge browser.

You need to get your bookmarks first into either IE or Chrome, depends what's listed in your Edge "Import Favourites" page. Some people seem only to have IE, some have both. Doesn't matter which you use. Then you can import them into Edge. So...

1. From Firefox, export your favourites either to desktop or a temporary folder.

2. In IE or Chrome delete all bookmarks that you no longer want or that are duplicated in Firefox - if you don't do this you will import unwanted bookmarks into Edge.

3. In IE or Chrome import the bookmarks from wherever you saved them (desktop or folder)

Chrome ->Bookmarks Manager ->Organize -> "Import Bookmarks from HTML file"

IE -> click on star -> Add to favourites -> import from another file/browser (n.b. IE allows you to skip step 1)

4. Open Edge and Import Favourites (Hub -> Favourites -> Import Favourites) from IE or Chrome.

Done, but like many users I found this Edge import procedure reversed the bookmarks order and I had to resort them manually. Having done all this, I thought that Edge was no better or faster than any other browser and lacked many features so after all this
    import palaver, I'm back to using Firefox in Windows 10.

Feature Creature, Jun 15, 2020
  4. graye Win User

All Bookmarks and Favourites lost from Edge and Chrome since Windows update.

Lost all my favourites from Microsoft Edge explorer while importing favourites from Chrome explorer.

Is it possible that the new favorites got placed in a separate folder inside Edge... and the old favorites are still there, but just in a different folder?

graye, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

All Bookmarks and Favourites lost from Edge and Chrome since Windows update.

1. All Bookmarks and Favourites lost from Edge and Chrome since Windows update. - Similar Threads - Bookmarks Favourites lost

2. lost favourites

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost favourites: Due to problems with slow start up i have had windows 10 reinstalled which has silve that problem. however i have lost my favourites and a simple explanation as to how to recover them would be a great help. i have googled but the suggested solutions are too tech for me e.g a...
  3. Lost Chrome Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Chrome Bookmarks: Hello, I've upgraded Windows and lost all my bookmarks. Please help how to recover my bookmark history. Best, Tiko https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-chrome-bookmarks/220fe9aa-64c9-4099-a308-dfd88550ed5b
  4. Edge Chrome favourites not being saved.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Chrome favourites not being saved.: I am using Microsoft Edge Chrome,Version 84.0.522.61 Official build 64-bitup to date. I have imported my old Edge favourites and they appear in an “Other favourites “ folder. The functionality of the new “Manage favourites” seems OK until I make changes, such as new...
  5. All of my Favourites lost

in Windows 10 Support
    All of my Favourites lost: For some reason within the last couple of hours I have lost all of my favourites which I use when I go on to the internet. I have looked in File Explorer and the folders are completely empty. I definitely haven't purposely deleted these from the folder but they have gone...
  6. Anyway to import cookies/bookmarks to Edge from Chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyway to import cookies/bookmarks to Edge from Chrome?: I haven't used Edge in a while and I know you was able to do it on an earlier build, but no when trying to import stuff from another browser on the stable build it only gives me the option for Internet Explorer. Any solutions? submitted by /u/howmadstha [link]...
  7. Lost Chrome to Edge in last update.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Chrome to Edge in last update.: When I did the last update in February, I lost Chrome. Now I cannot get it back. When I try to download it all I get is the picture that is on my google account. I need chrome for some of the things I do on my computer, that Edge seems to not support. How can I get it...
  8. Lost Favourites in Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Favourites in Edge: Hello, I've just lost all my Favourites in Edge for seemingly no reason at all. The only thing I did was renew a subscription to CCleaner, without doing any kind of cleaning. Just paid the money. I've been through a number of processes suggested on the net with no effect...
  9. Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser: Hi, I would like to know the most reliable method to import Bookmarks/favourites saved on a USB stick in HTML file format into the Edge browser. I asked a similar question ages ago and importing with Edge was buggy so I'm wondering if the process works any better now? I...
  10. Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...