Windows 10: All browsers are super slow after win 10 upgrade -

Discus and support All browsers are super slow after win 10 upgrade - in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After completing the Win 10 upgrade process everything looked really good....until I started browsing the internet. All my browser's are slow as... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by CTiller, Aug 10, 2015.

1. CTiller Win User

All browsers are super slow after win 10 upgrade -

After completing the Win 10 upgrade process everything looked really good....until I started browsing the internet.
    All my browser's are slow as molasses and getting tons of connection time outs.

Anyone else having the same problem?

:)

CTiller, Aug 10, 2015

2. I have a brand new Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 that has gotten SO SLOW.

Hi,

To help you with the issue of Windows 10 that has gotten very slow, you may try the posted troubleshooting suggestion of MichaelMcNutt by clicking this link:

Hard drive became super slow after upgrading to Windows 10.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 10, 2015
  3. All browsers slow after Windows 10 upgrade

Switch to Linux or Apple. That's what I plan to do. I'm done with Microsoft.

UsingThisIsAPain!, Aug 10, 2015
  4. robgr Win User

Are you using Edge?
    If so the default proxy setting is incorrect, change it

robgr, Aug 10, 2015
  5. MSF
    msf Win User
    I'm having similar problems. Firefox is crawling along but Chrome and Edge seem to be slow but OK.*Sleepy*Smile*Biggrin

6. Almighty1 Win User
    What is incorrect as it's on Automatically detect settings and what should one change it to?

Almighty1, Sep 16, 2015
  7. robgr Win User
    Hi Almighty1, Auto detect is correct
    Do you have other browsers installed and if so then are they unaffected?
    Try running sfc /scannow (run at least 3 times)
    Assuming other browsers are OK it's unlikely a connectivity issue per se
    However, try MiniToolBox, see here

robgr, Sep 16, 2015
  8. Almighty1 Win User

I'm not having any problems yet but was just curious what you meant earlier by the proxy setting being incorrect.

Almighty1, Sep 16, 2015
  9. Sometimes drivers are the issue, graphics drivers, etc.

Does your motherboard/computer manufacturer provide you with the specific Win10 drivers for your system?

In addition, here is a tutorial on potentially speeding things up: Optimize Performance of Windows 8 - works in Win10 too!

DustSailor, Sep 16, 2015
  10. robgr Win User
    See this post regarding Edge proxy issues, see here
    Check the DNS settings for your adapter (if it's DHCP then check the router settings)

robgr, Sep 17, 2015
  11. Jan007 Win User
    Yes, I am have the exact same problem. I am running Windows 10 Home and had to do a restore point in time to fix temporarily until I figure it out.. Windows update will automatically run again with the same KB3199209 update.

Jan007, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. All browsers are super slow after win 10 upgrade - - Similar Threads - browsers are super

2. pc super slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc super slow all of a sudden: So my pc has never been top of the line and ive had lag every now and again, but recently its become so slow to the point where even if i have a single application open such as spotify, it lags. Im looking to get a new computer but im sure that wont happen soon because of the...
  3. pc super slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc super slow all of a sudden: So my pc has never been top of the line and ive had lag every now and again, but recently its become so slow to the point where even if i have a single application open such as spotify, it lags. Im looking to get a new computer but im sure that wont happen soon because of the...
  4. pc super slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. slow internet after upgrade to win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    slow internet after upgrade to win 10: Hello, I have an Asus n56vb with Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 wireless. Before i got win 7 and everything worked fine but after I tried win 10, the wifi speed is very slow.. 0.5mb !! I checked for latest drivers wireless & win10 -- no change, I even tried to instal drivers i...
  6. Browsers got super slow to load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browsers got super slow to load: Over the last week all my browsers got super slow. Chrome and Firefox. Tested both without extensions and cleared all cache etc still slow. Scanned for viruses and malaware. Nothing. Internet speed is unchanged as they work fine with my other devices at same speed. Checked...
  7. Browsers and Word are painfully slow after an upgrade

Browsers and Word are painfully slow after an upgrade: Split from this thread. Hello. I let my laptop do its usual upgrade a few days ago. I thought nothing of it but ever since the upgrade it's been like pulling teeth just to get a single web browser to come up. I spent all day yesterday trying to get just a little bit of...
  8. All browsers slow after Windows 10 upgrade

All browsers slow after Windows 10 upgrade: The issue is NOT my internet connection. It is hardware and speed tests just fine. Every browser I try is slow to load & lagging. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, even just released Vivaldi all the same. I've cleared everything, reset, disabled any add ons or extensions, still...
  9. Win 10 upgrade, browsing issues, all browsers.

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 upgrade, browsing issues, all browsers.: Hi all, I have just upgraded my PC to win 10 from Win 7 Ultimate. I had thought it had gone surprisingly well! However, I have found an odd problem. I was trying to use tumblr. However, Chrome, and Firefox cannot render the login screen correctly. The text entry box...
  10. Browser downloads over WiFi are super slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser downloads over WiFi are super slow: I have a PC with Windows 10 Build 10586, upgraded from 8.1. WiFi downloads are very slow on it for some reason. SpeedTest.net shows 15 MBPS, but while download a simple 5 MB image file via Chrome takes 45 minutes. Max download speed is 15 KB/s. But when I keep...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all browsers slow except edge

2. win 10 browsers slow