Windows 10: all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening

Discus and support all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; as my subject says, any browser but edge keeps crashing as soon as I open it. I've tried Opera and Chrome. If I disconnect my WIFI and try, I manage to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bulthazar, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Bulthazar Win User

all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening

as my subject says, any browser but edge keeps crashing as soon as I open it. I've tried Opera and Chrome. If I disconnect my WIFI and try, I manage to get in. however as soon as I connect again. it crashes once more. The problem was on Windows 10. I updated to windows 11 and it's the same problem. My device is Lenovo Legion 5 pro 6th Gen

:)

Bulthazar, Mar 30, 2022

2. windows edge opens then closes immediately

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

From what you have mentioned, it looks like Microsoft Edge is set as the default browser. I would suggest you to try the steps below to set Internet Explorer as the default browser and check if you are able to open the PDF file.

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click "system" and click "default apps" on the left pane.

3. Under "browser", if Microsoft Edge is listed, click on it and choose Internet Explorer from the list.

Also, for Microsoft Edge crash related issue, please follow the steps given below to run powershell command.

Powershell is a scripting language for Windows and Windows Server that allows you to simplify the management of your systems.

1. Type powershell in the search bar

2. Right click on PowerShell and select
    run as administrator

3. Copy and paste the following command and press enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

4. Once the command is completed successfully, restart the computer and check again.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 30, 2022
  3. edge browser won't open

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information before we proceed

• Do you facing this issue only with few sites or with all websites?
    • Are you getting any error message when try to open?
    • Are you able to use other browsers on your system?
    • Is the Microsoft Edge Windows opens?

Step 1:

If Microsoft Edge browser opens, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.
    Step 2: If the browser didn’t opens try running
    System File Checker.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 30, 2022
  4. all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening

Microsoft Edge Browser crashes when trying to open anything

JuzarAli1709

Microsoft Edge has magically corrected whatever was wrong!

I did not have the opportunity to use your suggestions as the browser opened instantly and when I click the + to add a new page I got a new page.

Being a doubting Thomas a skeptic indeed I continued adding page after page and have had every page open and now - after 10 minutes of having opened Edge ... so far so good.

If the 'self-correction' happened magically I hope it continues.

If it didn't, I will try your suggestions. I hope I don't need to do that.

I noticed - when checking on Google and Bing for a solution to my problem, that there are many that have experienced or are experiencing the same issue as I (Edge closing/crashing immediately after opening). Perhaps Microsoft should make some type of announcement
    in this regard.

I have my fingers crossed and hope my Edge browser continues well.

Thank you so much for your help.

Gloria A V Dueltgen, Mar 30, 2022
Thema:

all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening

1. all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening - Similar Threads - browsers Edge crash

2. All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.: It started with Chrome, and I used to be able to get it to stay open if I clicked it enough times but after an update a while ago I haven't been able to get it open at all. I've since tried Vivaldi, Brave, Opera, and Firefox, but none have worked, all crashing immediately. I...
  3. All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.: It started with Chrome, and I used to be able to get it to stay open if I clicked it enough times but after an update a while ago I haven't been able to get it open at all. I've since tried Vivaldi, Brave, Opera, and Firefox, but none have worked, all crashing immediately. I...
  4. Why do all my browser immediately but not Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do all my browser immediately but not Microsoft edge: All my browser close the second i open them but the only browser that works is microsoft edge. I have had this problem for a few months now but I have not been able to fix this. Im really annoyed because edge sucks and I have to use it....
  5. Why do all my browser immediately but not Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do all my browser immediately but not Microsoft edge: All my browser close the second i open them but the only browser that works is microsoft edge. I have had this problem for a few months now but I have not been able to fix this. Im really annoyed because edge sucks and I have to use it....
  6. Why do all my browser immediately but not Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening: as my subject says, any browser but edge keeps crashing as soon as I open it. I've tried Opera and Chrome. If I disconnect my WIFI and try, I manage to get in. however as soon as I connect again. it crashes once more. The problem was on Windows 10. I updated to windows 11 and...
  8. All browsers, except Microsoft Edge, flicker a white window and immediately crash on startup

All browsers, except Microsoft Edge, flicker a white window and immediately crash on startup: I had been using Google Chrome on my Windows 10 PC. After closing it, I soon reopened it, and all that happened was a flicker of a white window opening and immediately closing. I tried Opera as well, and the same thing happened, I reinstalled both, and they would crash...
  9. Windows 10- All browsers crashing immediately after opening

Windows 10- All browsers crashing immediately after opening: Hello, I am currently experiencing a problem with my Acer Aspire 5 running Windows 10 version 1909 OS Build 18363.1440. As the title says, every time I try to open Google Chrome, Firefox, or Opera, the browser opens a page and then immediately closes. It shows no error...
  10. All browsers except Edge/IE crash immediately upon opening.

All browsers except Edge/IE crash immediately upon opening.: For about a week or so now since the latest windows update, Chrome crashes upon opening. The window silhouette appears for a microsecond, then disappears immediately. I though this wasn't a Windows issue until, after extensive troubleshooting, I decided to try Firefox...