Windows 10: All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.

Discus and support All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It started with Chrome, and I used to be able to get it to stay open if I clicked it enough times but after an update a while ago I haven't been able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Moon_127, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Moon_127 Win User

All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.

It started with Chrome, and I used to be able to get it to stay open if I clicked it enough times but after an update a while ago I haven't been able to get it open at all. I've since tried Vivaldi, Brave, Opera, and Firefox, but none have worked, all crashing immediately. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling too, didn't work. Sorry if not best topic picked.

:)

Moon_127, Jun 18, 2022

2. edge browser won't open

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information before we proceed

• Do you facing this issue only with few sites or with all websites?
    • Are you getting any error message when try to open?
    • Are you able to use other browsers on your system?
    • Is the Microsoft Edge Windows opens?

Step 1:

If Microsoft Edge browser opens, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.
    Step 2: If the browser didn’t opens try running
    System File Checker.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 18, 2022
  3. Edge browser is not working!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

• Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 18, 2022
  4. Big_Bob Win User

Microsoft Edge Browser crashes when trying to open anything

I was able to follow the above steps and remove all files/folders and re-install Edge, but it still crashes/closes after opening. I just set my default browser to Chrome until / unless they send a patch out. This is ridiculous.

Big_Bob, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

1. All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open. - Similar Threads - browsers except Edge

2. All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.: It started with Chrome, and I used to be able to get it to stay open if I clicked it enough times but after an update a while ago I haven't been able to get it open at all. I've since tried Vivaldi, Brave, Opera, and Firefox, but none have worked, all crashing immediately. I...
  3. all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening: as my subject says, any browser but edge keeps crashing as soon as I open it. I've tried Opera and Chrome. If I disconnect my WIFI and try, I manage to get in. however as soon as I connect again. it crashes once more. The problem was on Windows 10. I updated to windows 11 and...
  4. all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening

all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening: as my subject says, any browser but edge keeps crashing as soon as I open it. I've tried Opera and Chrome. If I disconnect my WIFI and try, I manage to get in. however as soon as I connect again. it crashes once more. The problem was on Windows 10. I updated to windows 11 and...
  5. All Browsers instantly crash on start up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All Browsers instantly crash on start up.: Yesterday when i started my computer i tried opening brave which is my main browser and it would show a flash of the browser then instantly crash. Ive tried uninstalling it, updating windows, updating my drivers, and i also downloaded fire fox and chrome to see if they would...
  6. All Browsers instantly crash on start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Browsers instantly crash on start up.: Yesterday when i started my computer i tried opening brave which is my main browser and it would show a flash of the browser then instantly crash. Ive tried uninstalling it, updating windows, updating my drivers, and i also downloaded fire fox and chrome to see if they would...
  7. All Browsers instantly crash on start up.

8. No Browsers Open Except Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Browsers Open Except Edge: Excuse me for sounding a bit flustered here, but I'm genuinely at my wits end with this shit. I decided tonight I was going to improve my internet security. I got LastPass for storing passwords, and ExpressVPN as a... well, VPN. Out of nowhere after doing these two things,...
  9. All internet browsers except for Edge not opening

All internet browsers except for Edge not opening: I've been running into an issue very recently where every browser on my desktop Firefox, Brave, and Chrome has failed to open barring Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. So far I've tried manually opening these browsers from my shortcuts, from the task bar, and from their...
  10. All browsers except Edge/IE crash immediately upon opening.

All browsers except Edge/IE crash immediately upon opening.: For about a week or so now since the latest windows update, Chrome crashes upon opening. The window silhouette appears for a microsecond, then disappears immediately. I though this wasn't a Windows issue until, after extensive troubleshooting, I decided to try Firefox...