Windows 10: All browsers, except Microsoft Edge, flicker a white window and immediately crash on startup

Discus and support All browsers, except Microsoft Edge, flicker a white window and immediately crash on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had been using Google Chrome on my Windows 10 PC. After closing it, I soon reopened it, and all that happened was a flicker of a white window opening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OnixIsThePewterGod, May 11, 2021.

1. All browsers, except Microsoft Edge, flicker a white window and immediately crash on startup

I had been using Google Chrome on my Windows 10 PC. After closing it, I soon reopened it, and all that happened was a flicker of a white window opening and immediately closing. I tried Opera as well, and the same thing happened, I reinstalled both, and they would crash instantly.Is this a Microsoft account problem or something? This is such an annoying problem.

:)

OnixIsThePewterGod, May 11, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, May 11, 2021
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 11, 2021
  4. All browsers, except Microsoft Edge, flicker a white window and immediately crash on startup

windows edge opens then closes immediately

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

From what you have mentioned, it looks like Microsoft Edge is set as the default browser. I would suggest you to try the steps below to set Internet Explorer as the default browser and check if you are able to open the PDF file.

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click "system" and click "default apps" on the left pane.

3. Under "browser", if Microsoft Edge is listed, click on it and choose Internet Explorer from the list.

Also, for Microsoft Edge crash related issue, please follow the steps given below to run powershell command.

Powershell is a scripting language for Windows and Windows Server that allows you to simplify the management of your systems.

1. Type powershell in the search bar

2. Right click on PowerShell and select
    run as administrator

3. Copy and paste the following command and press enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

4. Once the command is completed successfully, restart the computer and check again.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 11, 2021
Thema:

All browsers, except Microsoft Edge, flicker a white window and immediately crash on startup

1. All browsers, except Microsoft Edge, flicker a white window and immediately crash on startup - Similar Threads - browsers except Microsoft

2. Every Browser I use except Edge Crashes immediately at lunch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every Browser I use except Edge Crashes immediately at lunch.: I Updated my Laptop to Windows 11 22H2 and ever since every browser I use I tested it with Chrome, Opera, and Firefox has crashed Immediately and when I try to relaunch it, it doesn't open.Laptop specs:Name: Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3RAM: 8 GBStorage: 256 GBGraphics: Nvidia GTX...
  3. Every Browser I use except Edge Crashes immediately at lunch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every Browser I use except Edge Crashes immediately at lunch.: I Updated my Laptop to Windows 11 22H2 and ever since every browser I use I tested it with Chrome, Opera, and Firefox has crashed Immediately and when I try to relaunch it, it doesn't open.Laptop specs:Name: Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3RAM: 8 GBStorage: 256 GBGraphics: Nvidia GTX...
  4. All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.

All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.: It started with Chrome, and I used to be able to get it to stay open if I clicked it enough times but after an update a while ago I haven't been able to get it open at all. I've since tried Vivaldi, Brave, Opera, and Firefox, but none have worked, all crashing immediately. I...
  5. all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening: as my subject says, any browser but edge keeps crashing as soon as I open it. I've tried Opera and Chrome. If I disconnect my WIFI and try, I manage to get in. however as soon as I connect again. it crashes once more. The problem was on Windows 10. I updated to windows 11 and...
  6. all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening

all browsers but Edge crash immediately after opening: as my subject says, any browser but edge keeps crashing as soon as I open it. I've tried Opera and Chrome. If I disconnect my WIFI and try, I manage to get in. however as soon as I connect again. it crashes once more. The problem was on Windows 10. I updated to windows 11 and...
  7. all browsers except edge crashing on launch, showing 1 frame of white then closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all browsers except edge crashing on launch, showing 1 frame of white then closing: Hello,Today I have experienced an issue where all browsers installed on my computer instantly close without an error on launch. I have tried many things to try and fix, such as:resetting internet settingsupdating graphics driversupdating javarepairing corrupt system...
  8. all browsers except edge crashing on launch, showing 1 frame of white then closing

all browsers except edge crashing on launch, showing 1 frame of white then closing: Hello,Today I have experienced an issue where all browsers installed on my computer instantly close without an error on launch. I have tried many things to try and fix, such as:resetting internet settingsupdating graphics driversupdating javarepairing corrupt system...
  9. all browsers except edge crashing on launch, showing 1 frame of white then closing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. All browsers except Edge/IE crash immediately upon opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All browsers except Edge/IE crash immediately upon opening.: For about a week or so now since the latest windows update, Chrome crashes upon opening. The window silhouette appears for a microsecond, then disappears immediately. I though this wasn't a Windows issue until, after extensive troubleshooting, I decided to try Firefox...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reopening browser www.windowsphoneinfo.com