Windows 10: all browsers except Microsoft edge have stopped functioning

Discus and support all browsers except Microsoft edge have stopped functioning in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Id say this started a few weeks ago I went to boot up chrome because its my primary browser and it popped up for just a split second then disappeared.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gtuttle, Nov 28, 2020.

1. gtuttle Win User

all browsers except Microsoft edge have stopped functioning

Id say this started a few weeks ago I went to boot up chrome because its my primary browser and it popped up for just a split second then disappeared. whenever I tried again nothing happened no loading just nothing. I've reinstalled it multiple times, checked to see if everything was up to date which it was, restarted my computer multiple times, reinstalled windows once and deleted my anti virus to see if it was blocking it. the only thing that seemed to work was restarting in windows safe mode but I don't know how to get it to work in normal mode. any help would be appreciated.

:)

gtuttle, Nov 28, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Nov 28, 2020
  4. all browsers except Microsoft edge have stopped functioning

Autofill function in Microsoft edge Browser

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for sharing your concern on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) are you referring to save button on any web page?

2) If yes, what exactly happens, when you click on the save form button on the web page?

3) Have you tried doing the same using any other browser?

If you are referring the to save button on any web page, I suggest you to try clearing the cache and cookies of the Microsoft Edge browser and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

all browsers except Microsoft edge have stopped functioning

1. all browsers except Microsoft edge have stopped functioning - Similar Threads - browsers except Microsoft

2. All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.: It started with Chrome, and I used to be able to get it to stay open if I clicked it enough times but after an update a while ago I haven't been able to get it open at all. I've since tried Vivaldi, Brave, Opera, and Firefox, but none have worked, all crashing immediately. I...
  3. All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.: It started with Chrome, and I used to be able to get it to stay open if I clicked it enough times but after an update a while ago I haven't been able to get it open at all. I've since tried Vivaldi, Brave, Opera, and Firefox, but none have worked, all crashing immediately. I...
  4. No Browsers Open Except Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Browsers Open Except Edge: Excuse me for sounding a bit flustered here, but I'm genuinely at my wits end with this shit. I decided tonight I was going to improve my internet security. I got LastPass for storing passwords, and ExpressVPN as a... well, VPN. Out of nowhere after doing these two things,...
  5. All browsers except for edge closing upon launch

All browsers except for edge closing upon launch: Hi everyone I recently built a pc, and everything seems to be working fine on it, except for the fact that all the browsers I try to install on it will crash/close immediately after opening. Does anyone know what might be causing this, or any possible fixes? Thank you :)...
  6. All internet browsers except for Edge not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All internet browsers except for Edge not opening: I've been running into an issue very recently where every browser on my desktop Firefox, Brave, and Chrome has failed to open barring Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. So far I've tried manually opening these browsers from my shortcuts, from the task bar, and from their...
  7. All browsers impossibly slow except for MS Edge?

All browsers impossibly slow except for MS Edge?: I have a Surface Pro 6 running … I can't tell you which version of Windows 10 because "About" in Settings won't load. Anyway, I have recently deleted my old profile, which was corrupted, and created a new user for myself. And I've upgraded or downloaded three browsers:...
  8. NO BROWSER CONNECT EXCEPT MICROSOFT EDGE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NO BROWSER CONNECT EXCEPT MICROSOFT EDGE: After updating Windows to version 1803, my browser Opera stop to work, then I installed Chrome and Firefox to check, bu the only browser working is Edge. When I open a site in Opera it doesn't work, but after I open the same site in Edge, then it opens in Opera also....
  9. Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge and Firefox

Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge and Firefox: Hi, I posted this support request https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-browsing-on-all-browsers-except-edge/3eba1b58-528a-4002-9519-deb1db42d7ca?tm=1557702617388&rtAction=1557784968972&page=2&auth=1 but the person helping does not...
  10. Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge

Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge: Hi, I have just purchased a Dell xps 13, and did a reset on it when I purchased. (it was bought from somebody, second hand so wanted to be cautious). Running windows 10 with latest updates. When trying to browse on any browser except Edge, web pages take a long time to...