Windows 10: All browsers impossibly slow except for MS Edge?

Discus and support All browsers impossibly slow except for MS Edge? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 6 running … I can't tell you which version of Windows 10 because "About" in Settings won't load. Anyway, I have recently deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/amca01, Mar 28, 2020.

1. /u/amca01 Win User

All browsers impossibly slow except for MS Edge?

I have a Surface Pro 6 running … I can't tell you which version of Windows 10 because "About" in Settings won't load. Anyway, I have recently deleted my old profile, which was corrupted, and created a new user for myself. And I've upgraded or downloaded three browsers: Firefox, Google Chrome, and Vivaldi.

All these three browsers are impossibly slow (well, Vivaldi won't even load at the moment). I tried, for example, to open Facebook Messenger in both Firefox and Chrome, and after watching spinning wheels I gave up. However, it opened fine in MS Edge.

This means I'm forced into using Edge, not because I love it, but because it's the only browser that can be guaranteed to work on my system. But why? What is it about Edge, and more to the point, what is it about all the other browsers?

How can I get Firefox, Chrome, Vivaldi to work as they should?

submitted by /u/amca01
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/amca01, Mar 28, 2020

2. Flash player in Windows Phone - MS Edge

Mister Azaruddin,

Did You prove to do your suggestion to enable flash player on MS Edge on Windows phone 10 ?

It seems not.

Regards,

Paulo Ernane

PauloErnane, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Flash player in Windows Phone - MS Edge

Hi,

Check if you can enable to flash player on MS Edge browser. To do so, follow these steps.

1. Open MS Edge browser and click on more actions [...].
    2. Click on Settings and select View advanced settings
      tab.
    3. Turn on Use Adobe Flash player and check if it works.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

d27d82e2-fb05-4614-acb9-ca0ca5ab7ba8, Mar 28, 2020
  4. All browsers impossibly slow except for MS Edge?

MS Edge not listed in default browsers

MS Edge has some shortcomings, and I changed my default browser to IE 11 (in Windows 10).

As I've learned some workarounds for some of the Edge shortcomings, I felt I was ready to once again try Edge as my default browser. I went to Settings, System, Default apps, and scrolled to Web browser. Internet Explorer was shown there, of course, I clicked
    it, and the pop-up/drop-down list of available browsers displayed. It showed Internet Explorer, Google Chrome (which is installed), and Search for an app in the Store. Microsoft Edge, which is certainly on my machine and which I use regularly from the icon
    on my taskbar, is not shown as an option in the pop-up/drop-down list.

Why is this, and what must I do to make Edge be my default browser?

(And I swear, if some Microsoft Tech comes here and tells me to go to Settings, System, Default apps, Web browser, and choose Edge from the list, I'm making a nationally publicized walk to Seattle.)

StuckOnWords, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

All browsers impossibly slow except for MS Edge?

1. All browsers impossibly slow except for MS Edge? - Similar Threads - browsers impossibly slow

2. All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.: It started with Chrome, and I used to be able to get it to stay open if I clicked it enough times but after an update a while ago I haven't been able to get it open at all. I've since tried Vivaldi, Brave, Opera, and Firefox, but none have worked, all crashing immediately. I...
  3. All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All browsers except Edge crash the instant they open.: It started with Chrome, and I used to be able to get it to stay open if I clicked it enough times but after an update a while ago I haven't been able to get it open at all. I've since tried Vivaldi, Brave, Opera, and Firefox, but none have worked, all crashing immediately. I...
  4. All browsers except for edge closing upon launch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers except for edge closing upon launch: Hi everyone I recently built a pc, and everything seems to be working fine on it, except for the fact that all the browsers I try to install on it will crash/close immediately after opening. Does anyone know what might be causing this, or any possible fixes? Thank you :)...
  5. All internet browsers except for Edge not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All internet browsers except for Edge not opening: I've been running into an issue very recently where every browser on my desktop Firefox, Brave, and Chrome has failed to open barring Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. So far I've tried manually opening these browsers from my shortcuts, from the task bar, and from their...
  6. Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge and Firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge and Firefox: Hi, I posted this support request https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-browsing-on-all-browsers-except-edge/3eba1b58-528a-4002-9519-deb1db42d7ca?tm=1557702617388&rtAction=1557784968972&page=2&auth=1 but the person helping does not...
  7. Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge

Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge: Hi, I have just purchased a Dell xps 13, and did a reset on it when I purchased. (it was bought from somebody, second hand so wanted to be cautious). Running windows 10 with latest updates. When trying to browse on any browser except Edge, web pages take a long time to...
  8. Slow internet in all browsers except Edge after windows 10 update

Slow internet in all browsers except Edge after windows 10 update: Hello! After I updated Windows 10 all Internet Browsers(Chrome, Opera, Mozila) started running very slow except Edge. I have a bad past with Edge, so i would like to switch. Somebody please help fix this problem. Thanks, Edvards...
  9. Ms Edge Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge Browser.: I am running windows 10 preview 14393.5. I have the following questions. 1. In ms edge the cast to device is greyed out, is this normal? 2. Will cast to device work with 1st generation google cast device? Henry 57648
  10. MS Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Browser: Just upgraded to new Windows 10 along with the new Edge browser. It has been a terrible experience! How do I move my "favorites" to the left side of my browser? I have tried all the various things posted and Googled on how to move it and to no avail, no success. In addition,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow running loading in all browsers execpt microsoft edge