Windows 10: All browsers startup slow all of a sudden

Discus and support All browsers startup slow all of a sudden in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, When I first startup any browser ( Chrome, Edge, Firefox) they all take about 23 to 25 seconds to work. (So they will all start but the browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iwantpasta__, Nov 15, 2020.

1. All browsers startup slow all of a sudden

Hello,

When I first startup any browser ( Chrome, Edge, Firefox) they all take about 23 to 25 seconds to work. (So they will all start but the browser is just white as if it is loading). However, when I open up another window of any of those listed browsers it opens immediately. Any help on this?

Notes:

Also, all other apps startup perfectly fine.

I’m running two ssds and an hdd, and windows 10 and all browsers are on one ssd.

This just started happening within the last 3/4 weeks.

Also I just installed Firefox a few days ago, so there shouldn’t be anything holding it up.

Finally, if I reboot the computer and open a browser it will open quickly. But once I wait a few minutes and close the browser so I can reopen it, it will go back to being slow.

submitted by /u/iwantpasta__
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iwantpasta__, Nov 15, 2020
  2. SlipSlice Win User

Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool All browsers startup slow all of a sudden :cool:

SlipSlice, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 15, 2020
  4. catstone Win User

All browsers startup slow all of a sudden

Slow Startup

see if my words helps...skip the steps that u already tried.
    1. check the start-up items. Run the command of "msconfig" , check the "start up" page(i am not sure of the precise name of this page,coz.i am using chinese version of windows). diable ALL the items listed. save the setting and restart.
    2. check the free space of each partition of harddisk. make sure that each partition has a free space of more than 1 gb( higher ,better).
    3. check the list of installed programs, through the control panel. uninstall those seldom used
    4. it might be unkown comflict of softwares. keep your system as clean as possible. for example, you can disable your antivirus, then restart to see if it is faster
    5. it might be fragments. defrag all partitions.
    6. manage the services of your system. right click "my computer",click "manage(G)", in the window below, the third level-1 menu is "service and applications". disable unecessary auto startup services.
    7. up to repend~~

catstone, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

All browsers startup slow all of a sudden

1. All browsers startup slow all of a sudden - Similar Threads - browsers startup slow

2. Slow PC all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow PC all of a sudden: So around the beginning of this month, my Laptop just suddenly became really slow. It takes forever to boot up and to load simple things like file explorer. I scanned for a virus using windows defender but nothing showed up so I tried malware bytes and it said it found...
  3. Slow PC all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow PC all of a sudden: So around the beginning of this month, my Laptop just suddenly became really slow. It takes forever to boot up and to load simple things like file explorer. I scanned for a virus using windows defender but nothing showed up so I tried malware bytes and it said it found...
  4. Slow internet all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet all of a sudden?: I checked other devices and they seem to be working just fine. About a week or 2 ago I was having issues with my internet on my PC slowing down after having my computer on for a day or 2 and a simple reboot would seem to fix it but now im having terrible internet that isnt...
  5. All browsers slow to open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers slow to open: All browsers slow to Open (Edge, chrome). Tried disabling crytopservices, and disabling hardware acceleration to no avail. Its been this way for a few months. Now sure what else to try. Internet connection is fine. Once open, everything works lightning fast. submitted by...
  6. Windows slow all the sudden

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows slow all the sudden: Windows suddenly really slow to load up. Apps locking up. Even task manager locking up. File explorer not even opening. Reset didn't work. Am now in the middle of clean install from USB. Time from power up to setup screen almost an hour. Click anything and it takes at least...
  7. All Browsers Close on startup

All Browsers Close on startup: Whenever I open any browser ANY browser, it closes. I tried Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera GX, They just wont open. I don't get any crash log although when I check the task manager it does show the crash handler is running. It also seems like every time I try to open a browser...
  8. All Browsers very slow

in Browsers and Email
    All Browsers very slow: Hi I use Firefox as my default browser & recently noticed it'd become extremely slow - it opens up but then takes a minute or two before it's usable (on the tab the little dot goes back & forth). I initially thought it was a Firefox problem so I disabled all addons but the...
  9. All Browsers very slow

in Windows 10 Support
    All Browsers very slow: Hi I use Firefox as my default browser & recently noticed it'd become extremely slow - it opens up but then takes a minute or two before it's usable (on the tab the little dot goes back & forth). I initially thought it was a Firefox problem so I disabled all addons but the...
  10. All browsers slow opening

All browsers slow opening: Fairly new Lenovo Ideapad Using Comcast blast, both wired and wifi Takes long time to connect. Sometimes times out. IE11, Chrome, Edge Ping www sites from cmd times out Ping 127.0.0.1 OK Onle Defender is on. Disabled and still problem All drivers updated, Lenovo...