Windows 10: All browsers take a long time to launch after 2004 update

Discus and support All browsers take a long time to launch after 2004 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I have updated to Windows 10 version 2004 and after applying this update it takes 15+ seconds to launch Firefox, Google Chrome, the new Edge...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Frode Lynum, Jun 24, 2020.

1. All browsers take a long time to launch after 2004 update

Hi.

I have updated to Windows 10 version 2004 and after applying this update it takes 15+ seconds to launch Firefox, Google Chrome, the new Edge...

It does not matter witch I launch, all are about same launch speed.

System is a i9-9900 CPU with 16GB ram.

I have tried to clear out cache and browser history on all, but still no change.

I have reverted to previous version again - All browsers launch at normal speed 1-3 seconds.

Waited for a few days and did some searching trough logs, but nothing suspicious found.

I then restarted and applied the 2004 update again - Same problem with long launch times.

Other programs and games run and launches fine as far as I can tell. Just affecting the browsers.

All my other Windows 10 computers work fine, It's just my newest PC that struggle.

Internet speeds are just fine... I have 500/500 fiber with loads of throughput on the gateway.

:)

Frode Lynum, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

How long does the 2004 upgrade take using Windows Update?

A year ago I asked (and answered) the same question for 1903. Having just let Window Update successfully upgrade the same machine I used for those tests I can say that the answer remains the same. Times for each step were almost identical - over four hours from start to a working desktop.

How long does the 1903 upgrade take using Windows Update?

My recommendation: unless you really need to see the Feature Update listed in update history, then download the ISO and use that to upgrade.

All browsers take a long time to launch after 2004 update [​IMG]

3. Browser launches after sleep

Hi and thank you for your response, followed the steps above and rebooted sadly still no change. Browser still launches after sleep. I have tried what you suggest plus number of variations of uninstall, reinstall, downloading latest vendor drivers, using
    windows update to to get lastest drivers and letting control panel install drivers all with no change. Is there anything else you can suggest?

paulandratbags, Jun 24, 2020
  4. All browsers take a long time to launch after 2004 update

BF4 Browser Utility

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.2

Change Log v1.2
    • New Features
      • New Icon.
      • New Type "about:config" in the address bar and click "Go" or press Enter on your keyboard to display the list of preferences for the GeckoFX browser.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - On the update window when you click "Yes" to get the update would take you to the old "BF3 Browser Utility" page. Now it takes you to the correct page.
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

All browsers take a long time to launch after 2004 update

1. All browsers take a long time to launch after 2004 update - Similar Threads - browsers long launch

2. Windows Update takes long time.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update takes long time.: Hi, Following is the OS specification of my laptop : [ATTACH] The last time when I tried to update windows to perform the following similar update it took over 5 hours to complete and it was stuck at 52%, later on, I forced the system to go in sleep mode by pressing the...
  3. Windows 2004 update taking ᴀ long time

Windows 2004 update taking ᴀ long time: Last night ɪ decided to update my windows cause my fps was dropping to 30-60, ɪ woke up at 10 and it was on 90% and ɪ just been in bed waiting on it to be don, its currently 4:00 and its still at 90%, theres no issues with my pc, ɪ have 32gb of ram and my pc is fairly new,...
  4. 2004 Update taking a long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Update taking a long time: Hi all, I'm trying to update to version 2004 on my computer, but it failed the first few times I tried (I was playing games at the time). I'm doing the update now, but it's taken nearly 2 hours and it's still only 87% installing. Is there a reason it's taken so long? Thanks...
  5. After update to 2004, the system is booting for a long time

After update to 2004, the system is booting for a long time: The issue occurred after this update. I have to wait long while the system is booting. My system: i5, gtx1060-6gb, 16 RAM. How to sort it out? It was working fine before...
  6. Windows 10 (2004) takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 (2004) takes a long time to boot: I have a windows install I occasionally use for some software and gaming but it will sit at the blue spinning circle screen before loading the lock screen for a good minute or two on boot. Ive checked my hard drive’s SMART values and it is in good working order. I don’t know...
  7. After a while opening a new page in the browser takes long time

in Browsers and Email
    After a while opening a new page in the browser takes long time: I have a strange problem. I have internet connection and everything works perfectly, but after a while (multiple hours, e.g. after having the computer on over night) new pages in the browser (I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE11) takes very long time to access/load....
  8. After a while opening a new page in the browser takes long time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After a while opening a new page in the browser takes long time: I have a strange problem. I have internet connection and everything works perfectly, but after a while (multiple hours, e.g. after having the computer on over night) new pages in the browser (I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE11) takes very long time to access/load....
  9. Windows Update - Taking long time

Windows Update - Taking long time: Today, I have got the notification that your system is downloaded and ready to update latest version... Restart is required? I have agreed and clicked the Restart button. to my surprise - it took 03 hrs 45 mins to update the latest update..... I am not happy they way it...
  10. restarting after update is taking extremely long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    restarting after update is taking extremely long time: last time after update 1511 i tried restarting my laptop was 1 hour please help me 43413