Windows 10: All Browsers Work Intermittently

Discus and support All Browsers Work Intermittently in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Edge, Firefox & Chrome work intermittently. After some time, that's not consistent, searches stop working. Solutions include deleting all browsing data... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by prsnrs, Nov 10, 2015.

1. prsnrs Win User

All Browsers Work Intermittently

Edge, Firefox & Chrome work intermittently. After some time, that's not consistent, searches stop working. Solutions include deleting all browsing data (sometimes works) and rebooting (always works to this point). This intermittent problem only occurs with my Dell laptop. I have two other PCs that don't have this issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Phil Shalen

:)

prsnrs, Nov 10, 2015
  2. MCKelcy Win User

Browsers Intermittently Don't Recognize Secure Internet Wifi Connection

Well, now my W10 installation won't update. I've used the update tool three times, and System keeps telling my that I've got Version 1703, Build 15063.850 rather than build 16299. On the plus side, my browsers are
    consistently seeing my internet connection.

Start a new thread, or keep going in this one?

MCKelcy, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Browsers Intermittently Don't Recognize Secure Internet Wifi Connection

The issue may be with the wireless connection. Let us try to isolate the issue by connecting your PC to the internet using a wired connection. Kindly connect the router using a LAN cable.

Kindly provide us with the result.

Vanessa Oca, Nov 10, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Welcome to Ten Forums !

Say work, mean not able to browse or search or do anything, any trouble loading the browsers ? Assuming all these other systems are using same modem/router.

jds63, Nov 10, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Try this if you know PC has an internet connection
    Select (admin) command prompt,enter these commands one at a time and press enter, copy and paste to make sure you get them right.

netsh int ip reset

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ipv4 reset

netsh int ipv6 reset

Then after Reboot your computer

jds63, Nov 10, 2015
  6. prsnrs Win User
    netsh int ip reset: Resetting Interface, OK! Resetting Neighbor, OK! Resetting Path, OK! Resetting, failed. Access is denied, Restting, OK! Restart the computer ...

netsh winsock reset: Sucessfully reset teh Winsock Catalog. Restart ...

netsh int ipv4 reset: Resetting, failed. Access is denied. There's no user specified settings to be reset.

netsh int ipv6 reset: Resetting Interface, OK! Resetting neighbor, OK! Resetting Path, OK! Resetting, failed. Access is denied. Resetting, OK! Resetting, OK! Restart...

I did not restart after each entry. I restarted after entering the 4 commands as you indicated.

Phil Shalen

prsnrs, Nov 10, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    Problem still persists ? Right click Network icon on taskbar and select troubleshoot, run that. Sure internet connection is working on this system ?

jds63, Nov 10, 2015
  8. prsnrs Win User

You're fast JDS. I'm corresponding with you from a MacbookPro that doesn't have the aforementioned issues. I'll write back after some time on the affected laptop to see if the above fix worked. BTW, what exactly did I do with all those netshes?

Phil Shalen

prsnrs, Nov 10, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    You just reset them by using those commands. Let us know.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. All Browsers Work Intermittently - Similar Threads - Browsers Intermittently

2. my browser's Preferences

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my browser's Preferences: How do I delete credit card and other personal info saved in my browser? I am trying to access my browser's Preferences to delete data and turn off autofill. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-browsers-preferences/8c10d244-b030-4761-9e10-e29f4b49b851
  3. Drag a browser tab into new window on Same desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Drag a browser tab into new window on Same desktop: On Windows 10 (version 1909, build 18363), I like using the separate desktops (same monitor) and keep a different browser on each just as I used to on Linux. But when I'm on another desktop using a browser with multiple tabs, I'd really like to be able to drag a tab off to a...
  4. I cannot use lockdown browser on my Windows 10 Pro.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot use lockdown browser on my Windows 10 Pro.: As I open the lockdown browser, it shows that "update server is not supplying update information, or the connection to update server is blocked". What should I do? Can I swtich my system from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Family?...
  5. Programs aren't able to connect to internet, but my browsers are fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs aren't able to connect to internet, but my browsers are fine: Hello, I just recently posted about this topic and I thought it was solved but the problem has arisen again. All of my programs are unable to connect to the internet, except for Google Chrome and Edge. My Spotify says offline, my Discord is not able to connect, and my Zoom...
  6. Best browser for Win10 in terms of managing / copying bookmarks?

in Browsers and Email
    Best browser for Win10 in terms of managing / copying bookmarks?: Hi. I truly miss IE especially when it comes to managing bookmarks. With IE you can easily view, identify and manage all your bookmarks in the User / Favorites folder. You can open these links or save them to a disk or flash drive. Is there any supported browser that offers...
  7. Web browser flickers between window mode and full screen when pressing keys.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Web browser flickers between window mode and full screen when pressing keys.: This makes it impossible to enter anything in the URL address. When trying to resize the window it goes into seizures mode and flicker hard between full screen and max window mode. Anyone experienced this issue before? The problem occurs for chrome, mozilla, edge etc...
  8. All browsers impossibly slow except for MS Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All browsers impossibly slow except for MS Edge?: I have a Surface Pro 6 running … I can't tell you which version of Windows 10 because "About" in Settings won't load. Anyway, I have recently deleted my old profile, which was corrupted, and created a new user for myself. And I've upgraded or downloaded three browsers:...
  9. Windows 10 Touchpad intermittent problems in browsers only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Touchpad intermittent problems in browsers only: Touchpad problems: Two-fingers scrolling get stuck in Chrome and Edge browsers. Clicks and Taps responses are missing. Symptoms are short term intermittent happen 5 - 10% of the time. On installed applications touchpad works fine. This is brand new Asus UX331 laptop Win10...
  10. Internet conn wkg, but browser showing - Server not found intermittent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet conn wkg, but browser showing - Server not found intermittent: hi i have a wired internet connection and via wifi connect my windows 10 PC. Internet is connected as shown by the wifi indicator in the PC. However intermittently when i connect to a website, i experience " server not found" error in the browser. connection is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firefox is working intermittently

2. search bar intermittent win 10 all browsers