Windows 10: All Browsers Work Intermittently

Discus and support All Browsers Work Intermittently in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Edge, Firefox & Chrome work intermittently. After some time, that's not consistent, searches stop working. Solutions include deleting all browsing data... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by prsnrs, Nov 10, 2015.

1. prsnrs Win User

All Browsers Work Intermittently

Edge, Firefox & Chrome work intermittently. After some time, that's not consistent, searches stop working. Solutions include deleting all browsing data (sometimes works) and rebooting (always works to this point). This intermittent problem only occurs with my Dell laptop. I have two other PCs that don't have this issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Phil Shalen

:)

prsnrs, Nov 10, 2015
  2. MCKelcy Win User

Browsers Intermittently Don't Recognize Secure Internet Wifi Connection

Well, now my W10 installation won't update. I've used the update tool three times, and System keeps telling my that I've got Version 1703, Build 15063.850 rather than build 16299. On the plus side, my browsers are
    consistently seeing my internet connection.

Start a new thread, or keep going in this one?

MCKelcy, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Browsers Intermittently Don't Recognize Secure Internet Wifi Connection

The issue may be with the wireless connection. Let us try to isolate the issue by connecting your PC to the internet using a wired connection. Kindly connect the router using a LAN cable.

Kindly provide us with the result.

Vanessa Oca, Nov 10, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Welcome to Ten Forums !

Say work, mean not able to browse or search or do anything, any trouble loading the browsers ? Assuming all these other systems are using same modem/router.

jds63, Nov 10, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Try this if you know PC has an internet connection
    Select (admin) command prompt,enter these commands one at a time and press enter, copy and paste to make sure you get them right.

netsh int ip reset

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ipv4 reset

netsh int ipv6 reset

Then after Reboot your computer

jds63, Nov 10, 2015
  6. prsnrs Win User
    netsh int ip reset: Resetting Interface, OK! Resetting Neighbor, OK! Resetting Path, OK! Resetting, failed. Access is denied, Restting, OK! Restart the computer ...

netsh winsock reset: Sucessfully reset teh Winsock Catalog. Restart ...

netsh int ipv4 reset: Resetting, failed. Access is denied. There's no user specified settings to be reset.

netsh int ipv6 reset: Resetting Interface, OK! Resetting neighbor, OK! Resetting Path, OK! Resetting, failed. Access is denied. Resetting, OK! Resetting, OK! Restart...

I did not restart after each entry. I restarted after entering the 4 commands as you indicated.

Phil Shalen

prsnrs, Nov 10, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    Problem still persists ? Right click Network icon on taskbar and select troubleshoot, run that. Sure internet connection is working on this system ?

jds63, Nov 10, 2015
  8. prsnrs Win User

You're fast JDS. I'm corresponding with you from a MacbookPro that doesn't have the aforementioned issues. I'll write back after some time on the affected laptop to see if the above fix worked. BTW, what exactly did I do with all those netshes?

Phil Shalen

prsnrs, Nov 10, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    You just reset them by using those commands. Let us know.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. All Browsers Work Intermittently - Similar Threads - Browsers Intermittently

2. Game crashing when running besides a browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game crashing when running besides a browser: When I run Destiny 2 alongside any browser tested Edge, Opera GX and Firefox both the game and the browser crash. This varies in intensity, sometimes closing only one of them, sometimes both, sometimes it also causes Discord to crash, and sometimes it gives me a blue screen...
  3. Intermittent mic cutouts in web browsers - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent mic cutouts in web browsers - Windows 11: I have a problem that's really got me stumped. If you have a solution I'd appreciate it, but even ideas about further debugging/investigation to narrow it down would be a huge help.Problem: Between a few seconds, to a few minutes of use in any browser app, my mic goes from...
  4. Intermittent mic cutouts in web browsers - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent mic cutouts in web browsers - Windows 11: I have a problem that's really got me stumped. If you have a solution I'd appreciate it, but even ideas about further debugging/investigation to narrow it down would be a huge help.Problem: Between a few seconds, to a few minutes of use in any browser app, my mic goes from...
  5. Browser scrolling intermittent lagging /high CPU use

in Browsers and Email
    Browser scrolling intermittent lagging /high CPU use: Hi folks, Following annoying problem: On my Lenovo Thinkpad T420, 12GB Ram, Intel Core I5 2520m CPU, Intel HD3000 IGPU running Windows 10 20H2, sometimes scrolling in the browser (Brave Browser) becomes laggy and very CPU intensive. Like 100% instead of 5-10% even on old...
  6. I get an intermittent issue while playing videos - happens both online in browsers or...

I get an intermittent issue while playing videos - happens both online in browsers or...: When I play a video, either through a browser or using a local app, it will play for a few minutes then suddenly the sound is replaced with a clicking patter, This is NOT a digital distortion/click and pop that you commonly hear...The video continues playing, and this...
  7. Windows 10 - Browsers and Microsoft Teams crashing intermittently.

Windows 10 - Browsers and Microsoft Teams crashing intermittently.: I've had some major ongoing issues with my Lenovo AIO 520, running on Windows 10 Home Single Language, AMD Ryzen 3 2200 GE, especially whenever I try to work on Teams or open browsers. Basically, what happens is one of the following: A I'm in the middle of a meeting with...
  8. Browsers stop working intermittently on Home Wi-Fi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers stop working intermittently on Home Wi-Fi network: I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.836. My default browser is Firefox 77.0.1 64-bit. I also have Google Chrome version 83.0.4103.97 and latest version of Microsoft Edge version 83.0.478.44 64 bit based on Chromium. I use a Lenovo Thinkpad E431 which has...
  9. Windows 10 Touchpad intermittent problems in browsers only

Windows 10 Touchpad intermittent problems in browsers only: Touchpad problems: Two-fingers scrolling get stuck in Chrome and Edge browsers. Clicks and Taps responses are missing. Symptoms are short term intermittent happen 5 - 10% of the time. On installed applications touchpad works fine. This is brand new Asus UX331 laptop Win10...
  10. Internet conn wkg, but browser showing - Server not found intermittent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet conn wkg, but browser showing - Server not found intermittent: hi i have a wired internet connection and via wifi connect my windows 10 PC. Internet is connected as shown by the wifi indicator in the PC. However intermittently when i connect to a website, i experience " server not found" error in the browser. connection is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firefox is working intermittently

2. search bar intermittent win 10 all browsers