Windows 10: All Chromium based browsers crashing on Build 14342.rs1

Discus and support All Chromium based browsers crashing on Build 14342.rs1 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm not sure if there is a fix for this or not. It may take a Microsoft fix to get it sorted. I received the new build 14342.rs1_release.160506.1708... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Davidod, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Davidod Win User

All Chromium based browsers crashing on Build 14342.rs1

I'm not sure if there is a fix for this or not. It may take a Microsoft fix to get it sorted.

I received the new build 14342.rs1_release.160506.1708 and immediately my Google Chrome crashed within about 20/30 seconds of loading. Although it was a little later I also noticed that Skype fails to load. It also crashes within 20 or seconds of loading. There may be others but I haven't noticed them yet.

I uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it again but all was exactly the same. I downloaded Comodo Dragon and three other Chromium based browsers and all crash in exactly the same way; they appear to load perfectly and then stop working and need to be closed.

I have tried running them in 'compatibility' mode and with administrator privileges but nothing changes.

I ran SFC /ScanNow and it show up errors that it is unable to fix. I ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and although it appeared to work perefctly running SFC again shows that errors are still present and of course the main problem still remains.

I am just hoping against hope that someone has come up against this problem and solved it.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Dave

:)

Davidod, Jun 7, 2016
  2. Andrew[N] Win User

Edge automatically signs out from Microsoft Community

When closing Edge, it automatically signs out from Microsoft Community account. So it's necessary to sign in every time when opening Edge. And it's uncomfortable.

All other sites work well including different sites using Microsoft account - outlook.com, onedrive. com, etc. Only Microsoft Community doesn't work properly.

Problem appears in both TH2 and RS1 builds. The first RS1 build with this bug - 14342, in 14332 everything worked well.

To solve the problem I uninstalled all apps which are able to affect internet connectivity and all extensions. No result.

Other browsers including IE work properly.

Here's a link to Feedback Hub.

Minimum 3 moderators including me have this problem. What can we do with it?

Andrew[N], Jun 7, 2016
  3. kre911 Win User
    Windows 10 we couldn't find wireless device on this PC

After installing #14342.rs1 had this problem, reapplying the drivers fixed problem.

kre911, Jun 7, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

Most software makers do not support Beta OS's. I seriously doubt Microsoft would waste time fixing Chrome.

sml156, Jun 7, 2016
  5. Davidod Win User
    Aside from that; I could see two ways for me personally to et sorted. One was selecting the option 'Go back to an earlier build' and the other was to pursue the faults shown up by SFC /ScanNow. I don't know (1) if 'going back to an earlier build' removes all installed software or leaves your system intact just as it was proir to the last update or (2) if there are any further options to DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth that are likely to be more successful.

Davidod, Jun 7, 2016
  6. swarfega Win User
    The question is, why are you using unsupported beta version of Windows on your main system. If I were you I would go back to the last stable version.

If you want to try out the beta version, try it in a virtual environment.

swarfega, Jun 7, 2016
  7. Davidod Win User
    Obviously a fair comment. I am on the Slow Ring on the PC and I do have two separate backups to go back to if it all went belly-up. However if I could avoid the hassle and just get it fixed it would be the preferable option. I have had the Fast Ring running on a Tablet since February 2015 and not had any major issues at all. Indeed Chrome is running perfectly on that machine.

Davidod, Jun 7, 2016
  8. swarfega Win User

A tablet is much less complex than a PC so less chance of things going wrong.

swarfega, Jun 7, 2016
  9. Davidod Win User
    Does anybody know what the effect is of 'Going back to an earlier build' is? Is it the same as a fresh install while keeping your personal files, or is it as it infers; reinstating the earlier build leaving everything just as it was before the update?

Davidod, Jun 7, 2016
  10. swarfega Win User
    You will need to format clean install to roll back. I would not use the roll back feature as it could bring in additional elements into your problems.

swarfega, Jun 7, 2016
  11. Davidod Win User
    Ah OK. Thanks for the info. I think I'll just stick it out for the moment.

Davidod, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. All Chromium based browsers crashing on Build 14342.rs1 - Similar Threads - Chromium based browsers

2. Chromium-based browsers crashing within 5 minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chromium-based browsers crashing within 5 minutes.: I have an Acer nitro 5 AN515-57. It's been a month since I got it and have tried using many browsers on it. Mainly I use Opera GX chromium-based and Google chrome. Both these browsers are facing crashes, and all windows logs show in event viewer is app crashed, event ID 1002....
  3. Chromium-based browsers crashing within 5 minutes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chromium-based browsers crashing within 5 minutes.: I have an Acer nitro 5 AN515-57. It's been a month since I got it and have tried using many browsers on it. Mainly I use Opera GX chromium-based and Google chrome. Both these browsers are facing crashes, and all windows logs show in event viewer is app crashed, event ID 1002....
  4. Chromium-based browsers crashing within 5 minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!: Hi all, I use Edge and Brave, All of a sudden after a restart, They've become very slow!...I tried Installing Chrome, Vivaldi but they're too slow! These are all Chromium Based Browser's, To get a confirmation that it's the problem with chromium based browsers I installed...
  6. All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!

All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!: Hi all, I use Edge and Brave, All of a sudden after a restart, They've become very slow!...I tried Installing Chrome, Vivaldi but they're too slow! These are all Chromium Based Browser's, To get a confirmation that it's the problem with chromium based browsers I installed...
  7. All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. All chromium based browsers are damm slow! Pleas eHelp

All chromium based browsers are damm slow! Pleas eHelp: All my chromium browsers like Chrome, Edge, Brave are very slow... Non chromium based browsers like Firefox Is pretty fast.Please help!I faced this issue in windows 10 once too... It happens every time i reset my PC and sometimes it dosent happen... I reset ed yesterday due...
  9. Scrolling Stutter on Chromium-based Browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling Stutter on Chromium-based Browsers: Hello Y'all. I have an annoying problem these days with my PC. Whenever I try to scrolling the page on chromium-based browsers, (Chrome, Opera, Edge Chromium doesn't matter) it stutters. This happens especially when I'm playing 1080P 60FPS videos or livestreams on Youtube and...
  10. Chromium based browsers: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium based browsers: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION: Hi, I have been having this issue and it's really getting frustrating for me. It's a really stubborn problem. Things I've tried: 1. Updating Chrome 2. Renaming chrome.exe to something else 3. Clearing cache and cookies 4. Disabling steam running on startup (apparently this...