Windows 10: All Chromium based browsers font has changed, for various websites

Discus and support All Chromium based browsers font has changed, for various websites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How in the world this has happened I don't know, but the font for Google, Gmail, Facebook, BBC, Daily Mail, and some other sites has suddenly changed... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BlizzardUK, Apr 13, 2019.

1. All Chromium based browsers font has changed, for various websites

How in the world this has happened I don't know, but the font for Google, Gmail, Facebook, BBC, Daily Mail, and some other sites has suddenly changed to a crappy tiny one. But it effects ALL Chromium based browsers, so Chrome, Cent, Brave, Opera, Vivaldi, etc. It doesn't effect Firefox, Edge, or other apps. Also it doesn't happen on another PCs Chrome synced to my same profile. Also it happens in Incognito mode too. When I check the fonts in Chrome's settings they are identical to my other PC which is fine. What could be causing this ? Oddly though it is not every font. But any of those above mentioned websites and the font just looks odd, inspecting the font code shows the same as with Firefox, yet the font shown on screen is different. Youtube, Reddit, and Twitter fonts seem fine too. So I am presuming it depends on the font the website is using.

For instance, here on Tenforums, the text I am typing now is totally wrong font, it is tiny and poor quality, but if I go to Firefox and go to a post here too, it is perfect and clear and big. Also, I have now just clicked on "Switch Editor to WYSIWYG Mode" button here, in Chrome, and the text is now perfect and increased in size and matches the correct one in Firefox. This whole thing is crazy.

See attached image for what I mean by tiny poor font.

All Chromium based browsers font has changed, for various websites [​IMG]

:)

BlizzardUK, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Chromium as default browser windows 10

I don't have chromium (or chrome) installed so I may not be able to help.

try changing from within chromium

• Click on the Wrench icon and select Options
    • In the Basics tab, click on Make Chromium my default browser in the
      Default browser section.

Martmcd, Apr 13, 2019
  4. All Chromium based browsers font has changed, for various websites

Jsssssssss, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

All Chromium based browsers font has changed, for various websites

1. All Chromium based browsers font has changed, for various websites - Similar Threads - Chromium based browsers

2. Chromium based browsers causing DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chromium based browsers causing DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD: Short story long, every chromium based browser is causing BSOD either when starting or after a while of running, i'm not sure if that's connected but I also can't install the KB4494441 update which results in an 0x800f0982 error, event log doesn't really spit out any errors...
  3. Chromium Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium Edge browser?: When will Chromium Edge be rolling out to general users? Will Chromium Edge be preinstalled on future releases of Windows 10? Read several reviews on this new Edge and looks promising. Just don’t want to keep installing Chrome every time I install Windows. So really my...
  4. Websites in all browsers are too white

in Browsers and Email
    Websites in all browsers are too white: I'm currently having some problems where some things in my web-browsers are too white. E.g. the highlight color when hovering with mouse over search suggestions in Google is all white. Same also goes for text fields on webpages. On one of the screenshots the numbers are...
  5. Websites in all browsers are too white

in Windows 10 Support
    Websites in all browsers are too white: I'm currently having some problems where some things in my web-browsers are too white. E.g. the highlight color when hovering with mouse over search suggestions in Google is all white. Same also goes for text fields on webpages. On one of the screenshots the numbers are...
  6. Edge based on Chromium?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge based on Chromium?: When will Windows 10 have the Edge based on Chromium? Can users who are running the current builds of Win10 can at least test it or will we have to wait after a newer build will be released? 125918
  7. Microsoft is reportedly working on Chromium-based browser for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly working on Chromium-based browser for Windows 10: Wild rumour of the day says Microsoft is making a new web browser that uses the Chromium source code. The browser is reportedly codenamed Anaheim and it will replace Microsoft Edge on Windows 10. More recently, we’ve heard that Microsoft is working on Windows Core OS, a...
  8. Chromium Browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chromium Browser: Why am I getting periodically an obnoxious pop up program that tries to get me to install a browser called Chromium? Can I stop this somehow?...
  9. All Chromium based browsers crashing on Build 14342.rs1

in Browsers and Email
    All Chromium based browsers crashing on Build 14342.rs1: I'm not sure if there is a fix for this or not. It may take a Microsoft fix to get it sorted. I received the new build 14342.rs1_release.160506.1708 and immediately my Google Chrome crashed within about 20/30 seconds of loading. Although it was a little later I also...
  10. Font Has Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Font Has Changed: Have been struggling with fonts changed for the worse since about 2 days ago. I thought is was Google Chrome browser but just realized this also affects Edge and File Explorer, etc. [img] - Have tried Restore Font Settings but selecting button only turns it grey and...