Windows 10: all close button

Discus and support all close button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; bottom right corner don't have the box to close all windows. The only thing that happens is the notification window pops up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 123hp, Feb 10, 2020.

1. 123hp Win User

all close button

bottom right corner don't have the box to close all windows. The only thing that happens is the notification window pops up

:)

123hp, Feb 10, 2020

2. Missing Arrows, Close Button, etc.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

3. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

You may update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. Expand “Display Adaptor”.

3. Right click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated issue status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 10, 2020
  4. all close button

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

all close button

1. all close button - Similar Threads - close button

2. Why does multiple terminal windows keeps popping up by themselves and the close button...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does multiple terminal windows keeps popping up by themselves and the close button...: I checked the start up apps but it isn't part of that. I tried to force stop the app but it doesn't work. Also the cross button stops working and i have to minimize that window. The only way to remove it to open the command prompt or the windows powershell and when i close...
  3. Why does multiple terminal windows keeps popping up by themselves and the close button...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does multiple terminal windows keeps popping up by themselves and the close button...: I checked the start up apps but it isn't part of that. I tried to force stop the app but it doesn't work. Also the cross button stops working and i have to minimize that window. The only way to remove it to open the command prompt or the windows powershell and when i close...
  4. How do I regain the funcionality of the X button to close a windows program?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I regain the funcionality of the X button to close a windows program?: I do not know what all programs this affects, but the one I have problems with is Notepad. It used to be, when I was done with whatever in Notepad, I could click the X button the one in the upper right corner of the program, to close it. It would ask if I wanted to save any...
  5. How do I regain the funcionality of the X button to close a windows program?

How do I regain the funcionality of the X button to close a windows program?: I do not know what all programs this affects, but the one I have problems with is Notepad. It used to be, when I was done with whatever in Notepad, I could click the X button the one in the upper right corner of the program, to close it. It would ask if I wanted to save any...
  6. Windows 10 minimize maximize resize close buttons greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 minimize maximize resize close buttons greyed out: I am using Win 10 normal startup in msconfig. Weird problem all the minimize, maximize, resize and close buttons for all application's dialog boxes as well as Chrome tabs 'x' buttons are greyed out and disabled. I have run sfc /scannow, dism restorehealth, scanned with MS...
  7. Windows 10 minimize maximize resize close buttons greyed out

Windows 10 minimize maximize resize close buttons greyed out: I am using Win 10 normal startup in msconfig. Weird problem all the minimize, maximize, resize and close buttons for all application's dialog boxes as well as Chrome tabs 'x' buttons are greyed out and disabled. I have run sfc /scannow, dism restorehealth, scanned with MS...
  8. Windows 10 minimize maximize resize close buttons greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. why does windows 10 restart when i click cancel button ? i am not able to close open...

why does windows 10 restart when i click cancel button ? i am not able to close open...: when i want to restart the system lately, it asks the normal question if i want to close open applications. however, if i say to cancel the restart, and i decide to close the applications manually, windows 10 does not allow for me to close them. why might this be? it did not...
  10. why does windows 10 restart when i click cancel button ? i am not able to close open...

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does windows 10 restart when i click cancel button ? i am not able to close open...: when i want to restart the system lately, it asks the normal question if i want to close open applications. however, if i say to cancel the restart, and i decide to close the applications manually, windows 10 does not allow for me to close them. why might this be? it did not...