Windows 10: All CMD Commands No longer Work

Discus and support All CMD Commands No longer Work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, When I restarted my pc this morning I noticed a tool that requires a CMD command to run properly wasnt working and was giving the error: 'cls'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AddisonKay, Apr 8, 2021.

1. All CMD Commands No longer Work

Hi all,

When I restarted my pc this morning I noticed a tool that requires a CMD command to run properly wasnt working and was giving the error: 'cls' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I thought that it was just a program error at first so I reinstalled it and had the same issue. later as I was trying to fix the issue I noticed that no commands work in cmd or return incorret data such as ping returning "Copyright was unexpected at this time." or ipconfig giving the help page for the "for" command. I tried resetting my path variable both in regular and safe mode and neither worked and have also tried to run the SFC /scannow command in powershell but this fails and I don't have a way to fix it.

Thanks for any help.

:)

AddisonKay, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile All CMD Commands No longer Work :)

Naki, Apr 8, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 8, 2021
  4. All CMD Commands No longer Work

rename cmd to command >bat file dont work Solution

i m have done that and get a error by looking on the internet i m have fixs it

3 How to rename cmd.exe to command.exe

Step 1: Open the old Control Panel

Step 2: go to System

Step 3: Advanced System Settings

Step 4: On the resulting dialog, Click the 'Environment Variables' button

Step 5: On the next dialog, in the System Variables section, find ComSpec

Step 6: change the C:\Windows\System32\cmd exe to the name you have given your real cmd backup, I used command.exe as example above

Step 7: go to C:\Windows\System32, search for cmd.exe.mui, rename it to command.exe.mui or whatever you have named the real cmd backup

step 8: open regedit go to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\runas\command

step 9: open (Default)

Step 10: Change "SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe /C "%1"%" to

"SystemRoot%\system32\command.exe /C "%1"%" ( so only rename cmd to command ( becouse you have change the cmd.exe to command

scambaiter wob, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

All CMD Commands No longer Work

1. All CMD Commands No longer Work - Similar Threads - CMD Commands longer

2. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  3. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  4. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. command shutdown dont work in cmd

in Windows 10 Customization
    command shutdown dont work in cmd: When enter comand "shutdown -s " in CMD get message " shutdown' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" . What must do to solve this problem?...
  6. Robocopy command in CMD isn't working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy command in CMD isn't working: Hi there, I'm very conscious and careful about reserving the original date stamps of my files when moving or copying them in order to organize my data. I've researched and found the Robocopy command. But my problem is that my PC can't access the source directory. Below is a...
  7. Cipher command on cmd not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cipher command on cmd not working: [ATTACH] When I try to use the cipher command on cmd, this happens. Can anyone help? I am using windows 10 home edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cipher-command-on-cmd-not-working/284fa5fd-7158-4303-a9e0-394f7a00fed8
  8. Command not working in Windows terminal but working in cmd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command not working in Windows terminal but working in cmd: Hello, I am trying to use windows terminal, however I can't use any command see picture. I've tried to reinstall it and run as administrator but doesn't change anything Do you have an idea of what I can do? Kind regards [ATTACH]...
  9. CMD CD command not working. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD CD command not working. Why?: I typed cd e: at command prompt and am still stuck at C:\Windows\system32>. Why?! Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393] (c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>cd e: E:\ C:\Windows\system32> 71420
  10. Affinity Command in CMD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Affinity Command in CMD: In past Windows OS's , I was always able to change the CPU affinity with a simple line in a .bat file. Code: start /affinity # program.exe[/quote] # depends on which CPUs you want to run the program with. Now, in Windows 10, this command does not work. I've tried with...