Windows 10: All computer audio being picked up as audio input

Discus and support All computer audio being picked up as audio input in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have tested this in both Discord and Audacity and all audio output from my laptop such as Spotify music is detected by discord and Audacity. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DragonSlayer375, May 7, 2021.

1. All computer audio being picked up as audio input

So I have tested this in both Discord and Audacity and all audio output from my laptop such as Spotify music is detected by discord and Audacity. The issue isn't my mic picking up audio from my headset because it happens even when my headset is muted. I have looked around and all the solutions I have seen don't appear to work, mainly disabling stereo mix because I already have stereo mix disabled and the issue still occurs. Pretty much if, for example I am recording audio in audacity or in a discord vc and I have music or something playing audacity would pick up my mic and also the music as

:)

DragonSlayer375, May 7, 2021

2. audio input

Hi Nico,

Damaged hardware or incompatible driver are some of the possible causes why you are experiencing an issue the audio input on your device. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you using an external audio input device? If yes, what is the make and model of the audio input device you are using as microphone?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer settings before this issue happened?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for audio issue. Visit this link,
    click on Find and fix problems recording sounds and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 7, 2021
  3. Remote device doesn’t detect audio input

The problem that the audio input of my laptop is not visible by the remote computer. I did troubleshooting steps such as checked settings, group policy, remote desktop services. No problem. But it remote audio device isn’t picking up input from my
    mic.

Crystal Richards1, May 7, 2021
  4. All computer audio being picked up as audio input

No audio input picked up in RDP session (win10)

Hello,

My PC's audio input is not being picked up by the remote machine. Checked the usual suspects i.e. connection settings, group policy, fDisableAudioCapture, remote desktop services (like port redirection).
    All seems to be as you'd expect and the remote audio device input is visible in 'Sounds' panel, however it's not actually picking up any input from my microphone (local audio recording works fine). Both machines are running win10 pro 1803, not experiencing
    any other issues.

Would welcome help with this issue as I'm a bit stuck troubleshooting.

Cheers!

amazin_marvin, May 7, 2021
Thema:

All computer audio being picked up as audio input

1. All computer audio being picked up as audio input - Similar Threads - computer audio being

2. Realtek microphone picking up all pc audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek microphone picking up all pc audio: im on windows 11 and my microphone turtle beach ear force recon 200 gen 2 picks up all of the audio that plays through my pc. ive tried checking the sound settings in the control panel and i dont see any other solutions to this problem. this is a pain to deal with when in...
  3. Audio input is picking up all system inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio input is picking up all system inputs: My audio jack seems to be picking up every input and sound from my system games, music, videos etc all the time. Even when my mic is muted and my voice isnt picked up the other inputs still are. I have troubleshot for hours going over every other answer microsoft has provided...
  4. Audio input is picking up all system inputs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio input is picking up all system inputs: My audio jack seems to be picking up every input and sound from my system games, music, videos etc all the time. Even when my mic is muted and my voice isnt picked up the other inputs still are. I have troubleshot for hours going over every other answer microsoft has provided...
  5. No audio and computer not picking up speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio and computer not picking up speakers: Hello, this is kind of urgent but I have a pair of Altec Lansing XT1 speakers that suddenly stopped working today. The audio just cut out. This has happened before but all I needed to do was unplug and plug in the speakers. This isn't the case right now. I've tried everything...
  6. Microphone input picking up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone input picking up desktop audio: So I have this weird issue where my desktop audio is being picked up by the microphone input. It's not bleeding from the headset as I don't have the microphone plugged into the headset and it still happens. This occurs when it's plugged in with the USB and the Aux cable. I...
  7. Microphone not picking up audio

Microphone not picking up audio: Hello, I would like to hear some advice as to what I should do in this situation: My built-in microphone on my ASUS laptop windows 10 is not picking up audio anymore for some reason, and I did not change any settings. I have done literally everything from checking if the...
  8. Mic pick al audio input

Mic pick al audio input: I don't know why, but my mic in picking all the playback sound, even if my headphones and speakers are closed. It's acting like a speaker. I have to mention that the "Listen to this device" is't checked....
  9. No audio input picked up in RDP session (win10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    No audio input picked up in RDP session (win10): Hello, My PC's audio input is not being picked up by the remote machine. Checked the usual suspects i.e. connection settings, group policy, fDisableAudioCapture, remote desktop services (like port redirection). All seems to be as you'd expect and the remote audio device...
  10. Computer will not pick up audio

Computer will not pick up audio: So I have a Logitech G230 headset and it is still functional, I know this since i tested the headset on a different device and it still works. So the problem occurred when I tripped over the cord and the input jack for my microphone got messed up. Not my biggest concern...