Windows 10: All cookies and web data (except history) from my browser is deleted after every PC or...

Discus and support All cookies and web data (except history) from my browser is deleted after every PC or... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I did the sfc /scannow thing but no missing file was found. This is a browser-only problem, everything's fine with my launchers like steam, spotify,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MaxVLVC, Sep 16, 2020.

1. All cookies and web data (except history) from my browser is deleted after every PC or...

I did the sfc /scannow thing but no missing file was found. This is a browser-only problem, everything's fine with my launchers like steam, spotify, discord etc. I'm using Opera GX but this happens with every browser

submitted by /u/MaxVLVC
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MaxVLVC, Sep 16, 2020
  2. CatGuyTX Win User

Browser History won't delete

Try this method! The way to delete your browsing history is to go to your Settings, swipe left to go to the Applications. Select Internet Explorer. Scroll down to the bottom of that page. You will see the box that says "delete history" You will get the
    confirmation page "Are you sure?" then select delete. Your browser history, cookies, saved passwords, and temporary internet files will be deleted. The information that EdHans posted should also have worked for you.

With that taken care of:

• You will probably want to check; Allow cookies on my phone. This will make your browsing perform a little faster and not affect any purchasing of any apps you chose to buy.
    • Checking the "Get suggestions from Bing as I type" will bring up suggestions to what you may be looking for. I find this very beneficial when searching for something.
    • By 'Allow Internet Explorer to collect my browsing history' will make it easier for you to return to previous sites you visit.
    You can always follow the directions that I've posted to delete your history at leisure or when you choose.

I hope this answers your question and solves your problem. If so, please mark this answer as helpful and answered. Please post back if you need more assistance.

Have a great day!

CatGuyTX, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    easy't way to clean Temporary files, Web Browsing history,cooky's and catch.

Hi,

If you need to clear temporary files and free up disk space, we suggest that you use the Disk cleanup utility. To do that, follow these steps:

• Search for Disk cleanup from the taskbar and select it from the list of results.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

You can delete the browsing history and cookies by going to the settings of the browser you're using. If you're using Microsoft Edge, click on the ellipses (...) >
    Settings > Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.

If you're using Internet Explorer, go to Internet Options, under Browsing history click the
    Delete button, click Apply then OK.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Sep 16, 2020
  4. All cookies and web data (except history) from my browser is deleted after every PC or...

Web pages did not open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Is the issue confined to any specific website?
    This issue could have occurred due to corrupted cache/cookies/browsing history stored in the browser.

Cookies are small files that websites put on your PC to store information about you and your preferences. Cookies can make your browsing experience better by letting sites remember your preferences or letting you avoid signing
    in each time you visit certain sites.

Step 1:
    As an initial step, I suggest you to check the issue with a different browser and also try to clear the browser's cache/cookies/browsing history and check if it helps.

Step 2: Internet Connections troubleshooter.

This will find and fix problems with connecting to the internet or to websites.

Follow the steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Internet Connections.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

All cookies and web data (except history) from my browser is deleted after every PC or...

1. All cookies and web data (except history) from my browser is deleted after every PC or... - Similar Threads - cookies web data

2. "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED" in every web search and every browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED" in every web search and every browser.: I cannot perform any web search nor in chrome or bing. I always get "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED". I'm able to navigate and perform multiple tasks, but i cannot search. I've restore defeault internet setting, re-installed the network adapter driver, renew ip, flushed dns, etc etc....
  3. "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED" in every web search and every browser.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED" in every web search and every browser.: I cannot perform any web search nor in chrome or bing. I always get "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED". I'm able to navigate and perform multiple tasks, but i cannot search. I've restore defeault internet setting, re-installed the network adapter driver, renew ip, flushed dns, etc etc....
  4. laptop keeps making me sign into every website after deleting cookies and browser history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    laptop keeps making me sign into every website after deleting cookies and browser history: hello i am running windows 10 on my laptop and a few days ago i kept getting a notice to enable 2 step verifacation and i do not want that. so i was on my laptop and also noticed my hard drive kicking on when i am not really using it....but my issue is every time i go to a...
  5. Windows 10 deleting cookies from all browsers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 deleting cookies from all browsers.: Recently windows 10 operating system in my computer got updated. Now cookies in all my browsers get deleted after I shutdown my computer and reopen it after one day. If I restart my computer within an hour then cookies may not get deleted or may get deleted depending on my...
  6. delete browser history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete browser history: I want to clear my browser history but don't have the tabs the instructions say to follow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-browser-history/a2936685-8fa9-48f6-a130-9883258484ba
  7. Delete all data from PC except Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete all data from PC except Windows?: Howdy, after I want to put together a new PC soon, I sell my old pc. But I want to delete ALL data from the PC (SSD & HDD), except Windows 10! So that the PC appears like new! Thanks in advance Alle Daten von PC löschen außer Windows?
  8. Apps will not start except web browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps will not start except web browsers: I have Windows 10 x64. All of my apps fail to start when I click on them. Web browsers seem to work as they should. I tried System Restore to go back to a restore point 2 days previous. No luck. I've tried updating, but the update fails every time with error 0x8007025d. I...
  9. After updgrade, no web browser except Edge works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updgrade, no web browser except Edge works: Overnight, I upgraded from Version 1903 to 1909 (build & other information is in my signature). The only web browser that now works is Edge, even though my default app is set to Google Chrome. Before, I use Macrium Reflect to restore my image, is there anything I can do to...
  10. Deleteing browser history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleteing browser history: I am computer illiterate. I am trying to delete something in my browser history. Help says go to "internet options". I have no idea where to go on my computer to find the first step "internet options". Can someone help a senior citizen get through this maze?...