Windows 10: All Cumulative Updates Fail

Discus and support All Cumulative Updates Fail in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I posted a question today:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MadEdu, May 19, 2019.

1. MadEdu Win User

All Cumulative Updates Fail

I posted a question today: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-home-update-failure-again-manually/be29469f-bd9d-4a6c-9b70-559f3beaf817?tm=1558290027522

And Andre's suggestion partially solved my problem. I was able to install the Windows Defender definitions and .Net updates. However, every time I try to install cumulative updates, they fail.

Specifically these:

May 14, 2019--KB4494441 (OS Build 17763.503)

2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4505056)

I already disabled my Avast and Malwarebytes. So they're not the issue. I don't know if I should just hide these updates until Microsoft fixes the issue. What worries me is that they're "critical" updates and I fear that my computer will be at risk if they don't complete properly.

What happens if I ignore, or hide, these updates?

:)

MadEdu, May 19, 2019
  2. EsmeYWX Win User

Cumulative updates failing to install

For more than three weeks now, TWO cumulative updates have been continually trying and failing to install on my machine - cumulative updates KB3197954 and KB3200970. I've tried manually downloading the fixes that have been recommended elsewhere and this
    hasn't solved the problem - the fixes also failed to install, and my machine is still attempting and failing the cumulative updates. What's my next step?

EsmeYWX, May 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 19, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Failed to install cumulative updates...

Since updates are cumulative only the latest matters. That they all fail and that you are on an old build suggests there's something amiss.

dalchina, May 19, 2019
Thema:

1. All Cumulative Updates Fail - Similar Threads - Cumulative Updates Fail

2. Cumulative updates failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative updates failing: Two different CU's now failing at 94% install. Have run DISM, SFC, Windows Update troubleshooter, checked Services, etc. Luckily MS reports Something Didn't go as Planned and after a number of restarts has the machine working again. Question, does downloading the Cumulative...
  3. Cumulative Update Failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cumulative Update Failing: We have a few computers failing to update with Windows 11 cumulative updates. The troublehsooter, Windows repairs and other things have not fixed the issue. I can obviously replace the machine, wipe the problem machine and start fresh but I wanted to know if anyone had found...
  4. Cumulative updates failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative updates failed: Update failed error 0x80240034. This is consistent error and failure to Windows 10. It will fix for a month then next month you will not be able to update again. This Windows devices has a lot of improvements that needs to take specially updating their system. How can I fix...
  5. Cumulative updates failed

Cumulative updates failed: Update failed error 0x80240034. This is consistent error and failure to Windows 10. It will fix for a month then next month you will not be able to update again. This Windows devices has a lot of improvements that needs to take specially updating their system. How can I fix...
  6. Cumulative updates failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Failed cumulative update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed cumulative update: My other laptop has been trying for a couple of weeks to install update KB5012599 but fails every time with error code 0X8ooF081F. We have tried a number of things to get it to install e.g. checking enough space, troubleshooting on settings, downloading the update from...
  8. Failed cumulative update

Failed cumulative update: My other laptop has been trying for a couple of weeks to install update KB5012599 but fails every time with error code 0X8ooF081F. We have tried a number of things to get it to install e.g. checking enough space, troubleshooting on settings, downloading the update from...
  9. All Cumulative Updates Fail With Code 0x8007045d

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Cumulative Updates Fail With Code 0x8007045d: Hello, I've been experiencing an odd issue while using my computer. My windows version is up-to-date and most updates can be installed successfully except for the cumulative releases. They all seem to freeze once they reach 100% and then display the error 0x8007045d. I...
  10. All cumulative updates fail with error 0x800700b7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All cumulative updates fail with error 0x800700b7: Basically every time I try to do a cumulative update, it gets to 7% then says it failed and that it is reverting to before. This has been happening since the January cumulative update. I've tried many fixes, including installing manually. I'm not sure what else I can do....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80073712 KB4505056