Windows 10: All cursors discolored after windows update

Discus and support All cursors discolored after windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the latest windows update for Win10, all of my cursors are light grey where they should be black. All the other colors are fine and the typing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IamDrew, Aug 7, 2019.

1. IamDrew Win User

All cursors discolored after windows update

After the latest windows update for Win10, all of my cursors are light grey where they should be black. All the other colors are fine and the typing cursor is black too, but even the default windows cursor is grey around the edge.

I have updated drivers, deleted unneeded drivers for old devices, changed color settings, changed mouse settings, changed cursor setting, changed theme settings, restarted computer....etc.

The ONLY thing that has helped after many hours of searching is turning ON the cursor trail setting regardless of length which has made all cursors display correctly albeit with a trail which I despise. Hovering over the check box for trail and clicking on and off literally changes the cursor from black/blue to light grey/blue.

please help

:)

IamDrew, Aug 7, 2019
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Aug 7, 2019
  3. mfern1969 Win User
    Discolored movies

I just had an update to Windows 10, and now when I try to play movies on any movie player, the picture comes up discolored. Everything is gray or a dark blue tint. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a solution?

mfern1969, Aug 7, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond All cursors discolored after windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. All cursors discolored after windows update - Similar Threads - cursors discolored update

2. Sudden screen discoloration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden screen discoloration: Was using the family computer when suddenly notice the screen had a purple teal hue I guess you can say. I tried a lot of things and still haven't fixed it.Confirmed monitor and cable worksDid a sfc/dism scanMoved around Ram sticksUpdated gpu driversVirus scan with windows...
  3. Screen Discoloration for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Discoloration for no reason: Hello,So in the night of January 5, I am done doing my task and my screen is still good there are no errors but suddenly the next day I am seeing like weird color,here are the screenshotsI tried updating the graphics driver bit it didnt work,I tried using the restore points...
  4. Discoloration on certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discoloration on certain applications: When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with...
  5. Discoloration on certain applications

Discoloration on certain applications: When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with...
  6. Windows 10 21h2 discoloration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 21h2 discoloration: My pc after update to 21h2 is it change to every color from, green, blue to red and purple, sometimeis it dark color and then changing to light color, like my pc have malware attack and then become normal, i dunno why...
  7. Windows 10 21h2 discoloration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 21h2 discoloration: My pc after update to 21h2 is it change to every color from, green, blue to red and purple, sometimeis it dark color and then changing to light color, like my pc have malware attack and then become normal, i dunno why...
  8. Windows 10 21h2 discoloration

9. Screen discolored after restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen discolored after restarting: i was playing a game on my pc, and i alt tabbed. and then the screen went black, kept switching the hdmi, and i couldnt do anything so i turned off my pc and turned it on again. however, the color is very grey-ish. its discolored and almost like you put a see through grey...
  10. SCREEN DISCOLORATION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SCREEN DISCOLORATION: MY SCREEN CHANGED COLOUR AFTER WINDOWS UPDATE. WENT FROM PINK TO GREEN TO GHOSTING. TRIED RESTORE TO EARLIER DATE, UPDATING AS RECOMMENDED, AND RESETTING BUT PROBLEM REMAINS....