Windows 10: All data lost after WIN 10 update?

Discus and support All data lost after WIN 10 update? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; An hour before, my computer underwent an automatic update. After update, I could not login in. Then I re-boot and then I could log in. Unfortunately, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SOWY2, Feb 7, 2020.

1. SOWY2 Win User

All data lost after WIN 10 update?

An hour before, my computer underwent an automatic update. After update, I could not login in. Then I re-boot and then I could log in. Unfortunately, I found all data in the Document lost.

I browsed the computer files and found the data were in another “Document” so Imoved all data from that Document to the new document. Then I logged out my account and logged in again. Now all data in the new Document lost and I could not find elsewhere in the computer in drive C:

I sought assistance form MS web site. I then follow the MS instruction to restore the Window to that point before update. However I still cannot find my lost data.

What should I do to recover my lost data?

:)

SOWY2, Feb 7, 2020

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown All data lost after WIN 10 update? :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Lost Data After Update

Hello Maddalen,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which update was installed on your PC?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Are you trying to access apps using the hot bar?

I suggest you to refer the article on
    Find lost files after the upgrade to Windows 10

Please get back to us with detailed information to assist you better with the issue.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 7, 2020
  4. All data lost after WIN 10 update?

Win 10 1709 Update

This update was installed on my HP laptop yesterday morning. It caused me many problems. My browser lost all of it's bookmarks, my Start Screen lost all the tiles that I had setup, it caused most of my programs to be lost. My computer basically looked like a brand new Win 10 install had happened, just a few items on the Taskbar and a few icons on the desktop. I attempted to uninstall this update, only to now have a computer that wants me to put the Win 10 media in to either repair or install Win 10. My next step will be to remove the drive to recover as much of my data as I can, and then to reinstall Win 10, doing a Format of the drive as I do it. This is not the first time that an update has caused me problems. I sometimes wonder if these updates are tested before being dumped on us.

Maestro2711, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

All data lost after WIN 10 update?

1. All data lost after WIN 10 update? - Similar Threads - data lost update

2. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost all my Data: Hi AllLast evening on 23.10.23, there was a new auto -Update for my surface laptop and after that it prompted me for Bit-Locker Recovery ID. Infact i bought my surface about 3-4 years back and moved to the UK. I dont have the Recovery ID and unfortunately i havent stored...
  3. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all my Data: Hi AllLast evening on 23.10.23, there was a new auto -Update for my surface laptop and after that it prompted me for Bit-Locker Recovery ID. Infact i bought my surface about 3-4 years back and moved to the UK. I dont have the Recovery ID and unfortunately i havent stored...
  4. Lost all my Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Data Lost After Windows Updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Data Lost After Windows Updates: After an update, it seems that some of my information is lost. I have lost all my pictures, apps, security app, etc. Why does this keep happening and what can I do to prevent it in the future? [Original Title: windows updates]...
  6. All Data Lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Data Lost: I, like many others lost all my files and data during a Windows update. Even after spending money on file recovery software, I am still screwed. Why does microsoft not provide some type of progam to recover this data since their updates cause the issues?...
  7. Lost data after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost data after windows update: An unfortunate series of events ended with me losing some important files after a windows 10 update version 1909. Steps to reproduce: 1: After the initial update, my computer rebooted to a nearly clean desktop. Missing 90% of my desktop seemed to only contains certain...
  8. Data lost after after windows 10 latest update

Data lost after after windows 10 latest update: Hello Everyone!!! I'm facing issues regarding the latest update of windows 10. My Data and Apps that i installed got deleted. Every time logged in to my device My device removes my data.......Please help me to solve my issue Thank you so much!!!...
  9. data lost after win10 update

data lost after win10 update: Hello. I have just recognised that lots ot my folders and files disappeared documents, pictures, ect about 2-3 Gb after a windows 10 update. I tried everything what the communities adviced, hidden files, phantom user, restart indexing, ect., but only a few broken doc and...
  10. Lost all my data

Lost all my data: Hi I had the issue of logging on my windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile". I checked for solutions online and one was to edit registry and deleted temp user registry rename the one with...