Windows 10: All default apps missing after system reset

Discus and support All default apps missing after system reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, Recently I attempted to go through with a new windows update (insider preview Build 18932.rs_prerelease.190628-1650). However, at the very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vaela, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Vaela Win User

All default apps missing after system reset

Hello all,

Recently I attempted to go through with a new windows update (insider preview Build 18932.rs_prerelease.190628-1650). However, at the very end of the update my computer failed with an INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error. From there, I got into the recovery menu, and chose to reset windows while keeping all personal documents. While it did reset windows and keep my documents, it reset it a bit too well. Now, I have none of the windows 10 default microsoft apps at all. Examples of such are the Microsoft Store, Calculator, any way to access any of the office apps, Photos, Camera and definitely others which I can't remember. Microsoft Edge is available however, as well as non-new(?) applications such as Notepad and different administrative apps such as Control Panel and Disk Management.

To note, I have tried seemingly every solution posted both on the Community pages here and elsewhere on the internet including processing a lot of powershell commands, all of which didn't do a thing. Does anybody have a potential resolution to this other than wiping the whole drive and starting from scratch please? If really necessary I can fully wipe, but I'd prefer it to be a last resort.

Thanks in advance! Also apologies if I didn't choose the right windows topic, I don't really know which one this would fit into.

:)

Vaela, Jul 25, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done All default apps missing after system reset :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 Home > Missing Windows Store and default apps after reset windows.

Hi Bhavin,

Corruptions may be the possible reason why your Windows Store and default apps are missing. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried booting up your computer in Safe Mode?

In the meantime, we suggest that you download and run the
    Windows Update Troubleshooter
    for Windows 10 and
    Windows Apps Troubleshooter
    to diagnose apps issue. In addition to that may also perform the instructions in this

article
    which allows you to scan for corruptions and restore corrupted files.

Feel free to post us back if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 25, 2019
  4. All default apps missing after system reset

Resetting Default App in Widows 10

Hi Peter,

Some of the possible reason why you're default apps reset every reboot is due to corrupted system files or third party software. We suggest that you set at least 2 or 3 default apps then perform a clean boot and check if the issue is occurring due to any
    third party programs. Click this
    link
    to view the steps on how to perform a clean boot.

Let us know if the suggestions help you in resolving the problem.

Regile Reb, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

All default apps missing after system reset

1. All default apps missing after system reset - Similar Threads - default apps missing

2. Why Windows resets App Defaults, after it's Windows System Updates...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows resets App Defaults, after it's Windows System Updates...?: Does Microsoft WANT to be involved with a Class-Action Browser War with Google Inc....??? As to it's Resetting Browser Defaults and Other Apps after Every Windows System Update...?? What gives MS the right...? There are is No Reasonable Basis, unless it Wants to Return MS...
  3. Why Windows resets App Defaults, after it's Windows System Updates...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Windows resets App Defaults, after it's Windows System Updates...?: Does Microsoft WANT to be involved with a Class-Action Browser War with Google Inc....??? As to it's Resetting Browser Defaults and Other Apps after Every Windows System Update...?? What gives MS the right...? There are is No Reasonable Basis, unless it Wants to Return MS...
  4. ms store and all system apps are missing in my windows 10 pc after resetting

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ms store and all system apps are missing in my windows 10 pc after resetting: recently i resetted my pc . but after the reset all system apps including microsoft store are missing . how do i get them back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-and-all-system-apps-are-missing-in-my/4f4141c3-5217-45f7-a0f7-54c6e429947d
  5. ms store and all system apps are missing in my windows 10 pc after resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms store and all system apps are missing in my windows 10 pc after resetting: recently i resetted my pc . but after the reset all system apps including microsoft store are missing . how do i get them back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-and-all-system-apps-are-missing-in-my/4f4141c3-5217-45f7-a0f7-54c6e429947d
  6. ms store and all system apps are missing in my windows 10 pc after resetting

7. preinstalled apps missing after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    preinstalled apps missing after reset: Hello,I bought a Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 preinstalled about 2 months ago. It came with McAfee softwares preinstalled, which I removed immediately. Earlier this week, I had to reset the laptop. Normally, when I do this, everything that was preinstalled comes back....
  8. Reset all settings to system default

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset all settings to system default: Is there a way to reset the system settings to the defaults? I'd like to know if I can do it without completely resetting my system or losing my files. submitted by /u/OsrsHelp8008 [link] [comments]...
  9. Missing apps after a reset

Missing apps after a reset: I had lost the Bluetooth in device manager-I'm not sure when. I did a system reset and it moved all the apps to a "removed folder". I had not reinstalled them and was still having problems, so I tried another reset and in doing so lost the previse folder and also lost the...
  10. Missing Apps After Reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Missing Apps After Reset: Hello, Yesterday I have "Reset" my Win10 and I have noticed that I am missing some default apps: - Microsoft Store - Groove Music - Photos - Voice Recorder - Calculator - Mail Outlook Actually I cant even write all down. Whats going on? I cant even download...