Windows 10: all default apps not opening

Discus and support all default apps not opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; None of my default apps will open: start, cortana, settings, mail, notifications, etc. Rebooting does not help. Cannot access settings to run Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ro_sheri, Oct 20, 2018.

1. ro_sheri Win User

all default apps not opening

None of my default apps will open: start, cortana, settings, mail, notifications, etc. Rebooting does not help. Cannot access settings to run Windows Update. Solutions? Everything worked fine yesterday.

:)

ro_sheri, Oct 20, 2018
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done all default apps not opening :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. all default apps not opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 20, 2018
  4. all default apps not opening

default apps not opening in windows 10

Hi,

• Run the SFC.
    Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.

• Select “Run as Administrator”.

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• I would suggest you to run the App troubleshooter and check if that fixes the issue.
    a. Open Control Panel and click on troubleshooting.

b. Click on View All. Click on Windows Apps. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Also refer to:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Anannya Podder, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

all default apps not opening

1. all default apps not opening - Similar Threads - default apps opening

2. Changing default open app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing default open app: How can I change the default open app for pdf files when windows doesn't make adobe acrobat available as an option only Microsoft Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-open-app/d2fd766b-1b4d-4f25-9124-5c5ae0a54cd2
  3. Windows default apps not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows default apps not opening: I reset my password and re named my account by doing these steps windows +r control userpasswords2 clicked on profile properties changed username, clicked off clicked reset password, and clicked apply and then ok right after i tried opening setting to change my lockscreen,...
  4. Microsoft and all the default Apps won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft and all the default Apps won't open: Hey, this is my first time asking in this forum and I have this problem. Microsoft Store is not listed in the Apps & Features on Settings so when I open App settings, Settings just closes itself itself but all the default apps like Camera, Calendar, Alarms & Clock, 3D Viewer...
  5. How to reset default app for all 'open file with'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to reset default app for all 'open file with': [ATTACH] How can i reset the option 'open file with' to dafault app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-default-app-for-all-open-file-with/d7e54c63-68a7-4f22-95e6-ded8b89d1d67"
  6. open with in app default programs

open with in app default programs: hi all, I have installed Polarr photo editing app. I Microsoft Photos for importing and viewing images, I use polar for editing. A week ago I had no issues, within Photos i had the open to open with, and select polarr, this has now disappeared. I factory rest incase it was...
  7. open with in app default programs

in Windows 10 Support
    open with in app default programs: hi all, I have installed Polarr photo editing app. I Microsoft Photos for importing and viewing images, I use polar for editing. A week ago I had no issues, within Photos i had the open to open with, and select polarr, this has now disappeared. I factory rest incase it was...
  8. Default Apps all deleted

Default Apps all deleted: All my default apps for MP3, MP4, WAV etc have suddenly and I mean within an hour!! changed to Windows Media Player and I cannot change them to what I want it defaults all the time back to Windows Media Player!! Is there a fix for this as it's no use to me the way it is I...
  9. Default apps for opening files

Default apps for opening files: How do you change the programs/apps which appear on the drop-down lists next to each file extension type in the "Choose default apps by file type" menu? I'm trying to associate the Windows Photos app with the .webp extension which Google is now saving many of my pictures...
  10. Default apps for all users

in Windows 10 Support
    Default apps for all users: We are in the process of building an image to deploy to over 500 machines. How do I set the default apps (IE 11, Adobe Reader DC, Photo Viewer and Media player) for all users on a Domain? I tried the profile copy and it failed. Also, is there a way to get rid of some of the...