Windows 10: All Default Microsoft Apps are changed to "Microsoft WinRT Storage API"

Discus and support All Default Microsoft Apps are changed to "Microsoft WinRT Storage API" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello!!So, for a couple of months now, I couldn't open photos due to a unkown bug. Here is what I did:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TotallyNotXera, Sep 28, 2022.

1. All Default Microsoft Apps are changed to "Microsoft WinRT Storage API"

Hello!!So, for a couple of months now, I couldn't open photos due to a unkown bug. Here is what I did: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-failed-please-contact-your-software-vendor/5a321d8f-2e75-42f8-a4bb-f27afe06eae9The problem now, is, after repairing Install Windows 11 with an In-place Upgrade, all my default apps changed to "Microsoft WinRT Storage API":I tried typing this in the Powershell: Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}But it doesn't do anything, and

:)

TotallyNotXera, Sep 28, 2022

2. Changing the default storage designation for the Microsoft Windows Store and various apps.

Hi Isaac,

The default storage location for the Windows store and apps is in system location where Windows is stored (This PC-> C drive), if you want to change the default location of the apps then I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings
    and check if it helps.

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Storage on the left side, on the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive to where you want your
      documents
      , music, pictures, and/or
      videos
      to be saved to by default.
    • Click/tap on Apply.

The above settings option is available only from the Windows version (10586), I suggest you to check in which version of Windows build in installed on your computer.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 28, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Introducing the Storage Access API for Microsoft Edge

Source: Introducing the Storage Access API - Microsoft Edge Blog

Brink, Sep 28, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

All Default Microsoft Apps are changed to "Microsoft WinRT Storage API"

Windows 10 WinRT API Packs released

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsdev...acks-released/

Brink, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

All Default Microsoft Apps are changed to "Microsoft WinRT Storage API"

1. All Default Microsoft Apps are changed to "Microsoft WinRT Storage API" - Similar Threads - Default Microsoft Apps

2. Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API: Hi,Today I'm trying installing DolbyVision+HDR.AppxBundle. When I got stuck during the initial installation, I cancelled it and reinstalled, and this time the installation was successful.However, after installation, right-clicking on a MP4 or MKV, one of the options is...
  3. Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API: Hi,Today I'm trying installing DolbyVision+HDR.AppxBundle. When I got stuck during the initial installation, I cancelled it and reinstalled, and this time the installation was successful.However, after installation, right-clicking on a MP4 or MKV, one of the options is...
  4. a Microsoft WinRT Storage API problem

a Microsoft WinRT Storage API problem: Hi,I'm working in an IT company and operating a app on Windows platform. By some reason, we need to run that app as administrator.We are using company's domain credential to identify ourself to "run as admin" by using another username.After we upgraded into Windows 11, we...
  5. All Default Microsoft Apps are changed to "Microsoft WinRT Storage API"

All Default Microsoft Apps are changed to "Microsoft WinRT Storage API": Hello!!So, for a couple of months now, I couldn't open photos due to a unkown bug. Here is what I did: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-failed-please-contact-your-software-vendor/5a321d8f-2e75-42f8-a4bb-f27afe06eae9The problem now, is, after...
  6. Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API: Hi,Since my PC updated to Win 11 22H2 Pro, right-clicking on a JPG, one of the options is "Microsoft WinRT Storage API", clicking on this just brings up the error message "Element not found". I can find no way of removing this "open-with" item.Just to clarify, I have seen...
  7. Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API

Open with - Microsoft WinRT Storage API: Hi,Since my PC updated to Win 11 22H2 Pro, right-clicking on a JPG, one of the options is "Microsoft WinRT Storage API", clicking on this just brings up the error message "Element not found". I can find no way of removing this "open-with" item.Just to clarify, I have seen...
  8. "Microsoft WinRT Storage API default apps error"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microsoft WinRT Storage API default apps error": Tried to open a .RTF file and received a message "Microsoft WinRT Storage API default apps error" It looks like an update changed the api used to open several things. What is going on?...
  9. "Microsoft WinRT Storage API default apps error"

"Microsoft WinRT Storage API default apps error": Tried to open a .RTF file and received a message "Microsoft WinRT Storage API default apps error" It looks like an update changed the api used to open several things. What is going on?...
  10. "Microsoft WinRT Storage API default apps error"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware