Windows 10: all default preinstalled apps are appearing in search even though they are not installed...

Discus and support all default preinstalled apps are appearing in search even though they are not installed... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] app appearing in search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PepperATM, Mar 11, 2021.

1. all default preinstalled apps are appearing in search even though they are not installed...

/u/PepperATM, Mar 11, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done all default preinstalled apps are appearing in search even though they are not installed... :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Make Photo Moto default photo app?

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Sorry to know that the issue persists. I suggest you to search for it in Search and pin it to Start Menu.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to search and type Photo Moto app. Right-click on it to pin it to Start menu.
    • Go to Search. Type Settings. Click on it open.
    • Click on System. Click on Default apps. Then follow the instructions from the link below to set Photo Moto as default app for Photos.
    Choose the apps Windows uses by default:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/choose-programs-windows-uses-default

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

all default preinstalled apps are appearing in search even though they are not installed...

How to change default app for file type

'Open With > Choose another app' has three step, in the first it only offers apps registered for that file type. If you click 'More apps' it lists all registered apps regardless of suitability. Both these steps have the tick-box for 'Always use...' in my 18363.752. The third step, if needed, is 'Look for another app on this PC'. The 'Always use...' must be ticked before taking this step if you want the change to stick. However, WMP appears at the second step.

all default preinstalled apps are appearing in search even though they are not installed... [​IMG]

For a quick look at a JPG almost anything (including WMP) is more practical than Photos which on my system takes more than ten seconds just to open a photo. The OP is probably not aware that the Windows Photo Viewer is still available in W10, but hidden away. That's my default viewer for JPG.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

And, once enabled, is available in Settings > Apps > Default apps.

all default preinstalled apps are appearing in search even though they are not installed... [​IMG]

Thema:

all default preinstalled apps are appearing in search even though they are not installed...

1. all default preinstalled apps are appearing in search even though they are not installed... - Similar Threads - default preinstalled apps

2. amazon app store not installable even though computer is eligible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    amazon app store not installable even though computer is eligible: I was trying to download the amazon app store but it won't let me do it and it tells me that my pc is not compatible even if looking at the requirements they are all on ok...
  3. amazon app store not installable even though computer is eligible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    amazon app store not installable even though computer is eligible: I was trying to download the amazon app store but it won't let me do it and it tells me that my pc is not compatible even if looking at the requirements they are all on ok...
  4. the windows 10 "trending searches" box keeps appearing even though i have disabled it

the windows 10 "trending searches" box keeps appearing even though i have disabled it: I disabled "trending searches" and "news and interests" right click on windows 10 search bar but once I right click on the search bar I get a box called"trending searches" with related keywords for which I have no interest. How do I deactivate this box once and for...
  5. Windows (and all Microsoft apps) are dated as 2019, even though I just installed Windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows (and all Microsoft apps) are dated as 2019, even though I just installed Windows...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jimmyl_82104 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u5pepp/windows_and_all_microsoft_apps_are_dated_as_2019/
  6. Audio input device not appearing even though its installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio input device not appearing even though its installed: Hi, I'm trying to add a keyboard the music kind, not for typing to my computer via USB. My computer says the keyboard is installed & ready to go, and when I look under the Device Manager, it shows up there under the Sound & Video Game Controllers category and appears to be...
  7. File not appearing even though it says it saved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File not appearing even though it says it saved: for school i had to make an essay on word and i saved it as a .docx file, its said it saved multiple times but its not showing up, any idea what's going on? submitted by /u/Chadly1234 [link] [comments]...
  8. Default Xbox app preinstalled with windows 10 pro?

Default Xbox app preinstalled with windows 10 pro?: What is the default Xbox app that comes preinstalled with windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-xbox-app-preinstalled-with-windows-10-pro/22433c93-62ca-4421-bd4a-c5398cabf9cd
  9. Windows 10 Sound Settings not appearing, even though sound drivers installed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Sound Settings not appearing, even though sound drivers installed.: Usually on windows 10, i would go to Start, Search for Settings, then System, then along the left hand side of the screen, different tabs would appear such as Display, Notifications & Actions, Power and Sleep, and Sound would also be an option. However the "Sound" Tab isn't...
  10. Searched files appear as last modified, even if not accessed at all!

in Windows 10 Support
    Searched files appear as last modified, even if not accessed at all!: Hi! I have install Windows 10 before 2 weeks. I noticed that every time i search for a file at the upper right box, every file that appeared as a result of current search (even if i didn't use it), changes last modified date and takes the exact search time and date as last...