Windows 10: All desktop audio plays through my headset's microphone. Windows 10

Discus and support All desktop audio plays through my headset's microphone. Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Any audio that plays through my headset speakers also plays through my microphone when I'm recording or when I'm talking to friends online, they can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Titanic970, May 16, 2022.

1. All desktop audio plays through my headset's microphone. Windows 10

Any audio that plays through my headset speakers also plays through my microphone when I'm recording or when I'm talking to friends online, they can hear everything on my computer. And I know what you're thinking, it's probably my speakers are too loud and so the microphone detects it, but this is not the case at all, as even when I have my speakers completely muted and I can't hear any sound at all, the microphone still detects the audio. I can easily test this by recording using OBS, both turning my speakers off and disabling desktop audio recording on OBS and playing a song, and sure enough

:)

Titanic970, May 16, 2022
  2. ReeceU Win User

Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working

My Acer Predator (Helios 300) laptop has a singular audio port, which I use with my headset that has a separate microphone and headphone cable. I have used an audio splitter to get around this issue for a while now, and it has worked perfectly fine. Normally
    when I would plug the splitter in, a prompt would appear asking what type of device was just plugged in, options were headphones, speakers, microphone, headset, and one or two other options that I don't remember because I never used them. I would select "headset"
    and it would work just fine. Recently, something changed. This prompt no longer appears, and my computer no longer acknowledges the microphone on my headset, instead using the default internal microphone. The headphones still play audio like normal, but I
    have found no way to get the microphone working.

If I just plug the microphone chord into the audio jack, it still does not work, and the computer refuses to play audio.

So far I have tried:

• Uninstalling and re-installing the audio drivers (multiple times)
    • Updating windows
    • Running the audio troubleshooters (Both for playing audio and recording)
    • Checking for updates to Dolby
    • Scanning for hardware changes in device manager
    • Disabling the default microphone
    None of these have done anything.

I'm really at a loss here. I consider myself pretty computer savvy but nothing I've tried has gotten me anywhere.

ReeceU, May 16, 2022
  3. j123 Win User
    Windows 10 audio drivers and headset microphone recognition

Hi,

I've encountered a couple of problems with sound on my Windows 10 laptop. The original issue was very similar to the one outlined here: sound would become much louder in all media after pausing and then playing. I followed the suggestion from that thread to install the generic Microsoft High Definition Audio Device instead of the Realtek one, which solved the issue.

But then when I plugged my headset into the audio jack via an audio/mic splitter (I was using the correct 4 conductor 3.5mm version) my computer no longer recognized the headset's external microphone (only the internal one). So ... I switched back to the Realtek audio driver, which in turn recognized my external mic ... but I'm obviously now back at square one with the original sound problem!

Is there a solution to this vicious cycle?

4. Frosty_30 Win User

All desktop audio plays through my headset's microphone. Windows 10

Headset microphone sounds muffled, quiet, and plays desktop audio through it.

I have a headset that works fine on another device, but for some reason on my desktop, no matter what port I use, all the audio from the desktop gets played through the microphone and the microphone is really quiet and muffled. The only way you can hear
    anything from the microphone is boosting the volume to the maximum allowed. I have tried reinstalling drivers, windows, disabling and configuring all sorts of options in the sound control panel and nothing fixes it, does anyone know how to solve this?

Frosty_30, May 16, 2022
Thema:

All desktop audio plays through my headset's microphone. Windows 10

1. All desktop audio plays through my headset's microphone. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - desktop audio plays

2. All of my Audio is playing through my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my Audio is playing through my microphone: As in the title, all of my audio is playing through my microphone to applications like discord and steam. Whenever I watch a video in the background of a steam or discord chat it plays so that everyone in the call can hear it. I have seen this issue brought up a few times on...
  3. All of my Audio is playing through my microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of my Audio is playing through my microphone: As in the title, all of my audio is playing through my microphone to applications like discord and steam. Whenever I watch a video in the background of a steam or discord chat it plays so that everyone in the call can hear it. I have seen this issue brought up a few times on...
  4. All desktop audio plays through my headset's microphone. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All desktop audio plays through my headset's microphone. Windows 10: Any audio that plays through my headset speakers also plays through my microphone when I'm recording or when I'm talking to friends online, they can hear everything on my computer. And I know what you're thinking, it's probably my speakers are too loud and so the microphone...
  5. All desktop audio plays through my headset's microphone. Windows 10

All desktop audio plays through my headset's microphone. Windows 10: Any audio that plays through my headset speakers also plays through my microphone when I'm recording or when I'm talking to friends online, they can hear everything on my computer. And I know what you're thinking, it's probably my speakers are too loud and so the microphone...
  6. ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic: I recently bought a steelseries headset as a replacement to my old headset, and both headsets had an issue where all of the audio that played on my computer would also play through my microphone. My laptop runs off of Realtek Audio Drivers, and It seems like i'm not the only...
  7. ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic

ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic: I recently bought a steelseries headset as a replacement to my old headset, and both headsets had an issue where all of the audio that played on my computer would also play through my microphone. My laptop runs off of Realtek Audio Drivers, and It seems like i'm not the only...
  8. Audio plays through my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio plays through my headset: I just got back on my desktop and I have noticed that my audio has been playing through my headset. When I am in discord I cannot play games or listen to music as people hear it through my headset. I have tried 2 different headsets and both have this issue. although i have...
  9. Audio only plays through headset when connected through microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio only plays through headset when connected through microphone.: I recently got a USB microphone, which seems to work really well. It has an audio jack that allows me to hear what it's picking up, and my computer's audio through the microphone. However, since using it the first time, my computer's had trouble outputting audio. There have...
  10. Headset microphone sounds muffled, quiet, and plays desktop audio through it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset microphone sounds muffled, quiet, and plays desktop audio through it.: I have a headset that works fine on another device, but for some reason on my desktop, no matter what port I use, all the audio from the desktop gets played through the microphone and the microphone is really quiet and muffled. The only way you can hear anything from the...