Windows 10: All desktop icons and apps have dissapeared but taskbar is still working

Discus and support All desktop icons and apps have dissapeared but taskbar is still working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've recently had a problem where I boot my computer up and no apps or icons that were there are now gone. I have linked up my laptop to a second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alex L._734, Jun 6, 2020.

1. All desktop icons and apps have dissapeared but taskbar is still working

I've recently had a problem where I boot my computer up and no apps or icons that were there are now gone. I have linked up my laptop to a second monitor and used the second monitor as the main one for a while. But when I unplugged the HDMI cord that leads to my second monitor and I start using the laptop how it's suppose to be, no apps show up. The taskbar and mouse are still moving. I've gone into my files and in the desktop folder and everything I had in my desktop is in the folder. So I know they didn't get deleted off of the desktop. All desktop icons and apps have dissapeared but taskbar is still working [​IMG]

:)

Alex L._734, Jun 6, 2020

2. icons on desktop dissapeared

Hi,

I think you are right clicking from the Start menu desktop and I suggest you to right click from the conventional desktop not the desktop you see when you press the Start menu. And perform the actions. You may aslo drag and drop the applications
    as suggested, to do so,

• Click on the Start menu.

• Select All Apps.

• Select the apps you want to in to the desktop and drag the icons to the desktop.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 6, 2020
  4. All desktop icons and apps have dissapeared but taskbar is still working

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

All desktop icons and apps have dissapeared but taskbar is still working

1. All desktop icons and apps have dissapeared but taskbar is still working - Similar Threads - desktop icons apps

2. Icons on the taskbar dissapear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on the taskbar dissapear: I have a laptop. And when I'm using another display, my icons on the taskbar disappear. After I click them, they appear again. How to fix it?This problem happens only when i use another display....
  3. Icons on the taskbar dissapear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on the taskbar dissapear: I have a laptop. And when I'm using another display, my icons on the taskbar disappear. After I click them, they appear again. How to fix it?This problem happens only when i use another display....
  4. all icon on taskbar disappear but it is still functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all icon on taskbar disappear but it is still functioning: ok i am back with some funny problem.this evening i've clean my windows's junk and just my windows become laggy and cannot switch language input. so, i restarted my pc and after that....... yes, my taskbar's app icon and those button on the right corner disappear. and the...
  5. all icon on taskbar disappear but it is still functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all icon on taskbar disappear but it is still functioning: ok i am back with some funny problem.this evening i've clean my windows's junk and just my windows become laggy and cannot switch language input. so, i restarted my pc and after that....... yes, my taskbar's app icon and those button on the right corner disappear. and the...
  6. Windows 10, taskbar frozen, icons on desktop still working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, taskbar frozen, icons on desktop still working: I think this problem occurred after updating Windows to Ver. 20H2 and adding weather forecast icon to the taskbar, for more Information, I have using Dual Monitor....
  7. All my icons have dissapeared definetely not tablet mode!!!

All my icons have dissapeared definetely not tablet mode!!!: Hi so I logged onto my computer this morning and all my icons have dissapeared you can see they are still there just their icons have gone Note the names are never there i make all my icons labels blank so it looks cleaner and I can no longer click properties on them. It has...
  8. Strange Taskbar icon that dissapears.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Taskbar icon that dissapears.: There is this task on my taskbar that isn't included in my Task Manager and disappears when the cursor is close.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-taskbar-icon-that-dissapears/8ca46c71-e11f-477b-8f3e-de6725cf2a4a"
  9. Desktop Shortcut icons dissapeared

Desktop Shortcut icons dissapeared: Hi Everyone. My problem is I have lost all desktop shortcut icons on my windows 10, how do I retrieve this page? its normally when the pc starts up, then I click into them. Some one help me please, its driving me crazy. Thank you....
  10. desktop folders have dissapeared

desktop folders have dissapeared: my folders from my desktop have dissapeared but can be found in settings under desktop how can i put them back on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-folders-have-dissapeared/bd51041d-77e7-4038-a4ae-9681038e97c4