Windows 10: All desktop icons changed locations every time I downloads 1 file.

Discus and support All desktop icons changed locations every time I downloads 1 file. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I download a new file to my desktop it is automatically added to the upper left corner of the desktop and then changed the locations of all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Long Long Zhang, Oct 10, 2022.

1. All desktop icons changed locations every time I downloads 1 file.

Every time I download a new file to my desktop it is automatically added to the upper left corner of the desktop and then changed the locations of all the other icons in order to make space for that new file. This feature is so annoying. I want to keep them all still. Why not add the newly downloaded file after the original icons? Or let me turn off this feature.

:)

Long Long Zhang, Oct 10, 2022
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Nick89 Win User
    Program that saves the location of Desktop icons?

Are there any programs that will save the locations of my desktop icons? every time I play a game or my computer goes to sleep they get all f*&^ed up and its pissing me off.

Thanks in advance.

Nick89, Oct 10, 2022
  4. All desktop icons changed locations every time I downloads 1 file.

Resize and rearrange desktop icons with ctrl+shift+(1-0)

To change your desktop icons from vertical to horizontal, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select small icons.

Once done, try to change again the size and display of your desktop icons using the
    Ctrl+shift+(1-0) mode and check if the same issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 10, 2022
Thema:

All desktop icons changed locations every time I downloads 1 file.

1. All desktop icons changed locations every time I downloads 1 file. - Similar Threads - desktop icons changed

2. All desktop icons changed locations every time I downloads 1 file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All desktop icons changed locations every time I downloads 1 file.: Every time I download a new file to my desktop it is automatically added to the upper left corner of the desktop and then changed the locations of all the other icons in order to make space for that new file. This feature is so annoying. I want to keep them all still. Why not...
  3. All desktop icons changed locations every time I downloads 1 file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All desktop icons changed locations every time I downloads 1 file.: Every time I download a new file to my desktop it is automatically added to the upper left corner of the desktop and then changed the locations of all the other icons in order to make space for that new file. This feature is so annoying. I want to keep them all still. Why not...
  4. Change download location on screen on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change download location on screen on desktop: [ATTACH] Whenever I download a file from any browser or email, the file is placed directly below the Recycle Bin in the top left. It shifts all other icons down below that instead of putting it in the first available spot located from top to bottom, left to right. Does...
  5. The icons on desktop are spread all over the screen every time I boot. Help me to solve this.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The icons on desktop are spread all over the screen every time I boot. Help me to solve this.: Hi, Please help me with my issue Whenever I boot up my PC and the desktop launches the icons are spread all over the screen like this [ATTACH] I have checked the Personalize settings and they seem to be fine, here are my specifications of the device [ATTACH]...
  6. Save the same type of file to 1 location every time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Save the same type of file to 1 location every time.: My downloads folder gets flooded by WinRAR files, i was wondering if there is a way to save the same type of file "winRar files in this example" to one location everytime? like a WinRAR folder i could make in the downloads folder. probably something that isnt possible, but...
  7. "This PC" icon moving every time desktop is refreshed.

"This PC" icon moving every time desktop is refreshed.: I don't know if this can be traced back to a recent Windows 10 system update, but the "This PC" desktop icon keeps moving to the bottom-right-most position of the left-hand stack of desktop icons. ie: If I put another icon there, it will move either underneath that icon or...
  8. Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon

Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon: Since the last windows 10 Pro 64-bit upgrade about 10 days ago, every time that I click a desktop icon to open an app, windows explorer opens. Does anyone know of this problem and how to fix it, ie stop windows explorer opening automatically...
  9. DriverAgent is putting a desktop icon every time I open program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DriverAgent is putting a desktop icon every time I open program: I'm having a tiny problem where the DriverAgent.com program is putting a desktop icon whenever I run the program. I delete the previous one and a new one pops up. Is there any way to get this to stop? There is no option to turn it off in the app as far as I can tell. Any help...
  10. Desktop icons location changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons location changes: Hello everyone, I have a PC running Windows 10 Professional. Since the last 2-3 days I have observed that my desktop icons arrangement changes after I either reboot my PC or take my PC on remote support. I use teamviewer on my PC and frequently access my PC from home. I...