Windows 10: All desktop windows are move/push-over to Main display after waking-up from sleep mode

Discus and support All desktop windows are move/push-over to Main display after waking-up from sleep mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have seen numerous question like the current issue that I have, but have not found any proven solution at all. Could anyone please help, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RRP17, Jun 29, 2020.

1. RRP17 Win User

All desktop windows are move/push-over to Main display after waking-up from sleep mode

Hi,

I have seen numerous question like the current issue that I have, but have not found any proven solution at all.

Could anyone please help, if you happen to encounter and fix the same issue as I currently have;

All desktop windows are move/push-over to Main display after waking-up from sleep mode.

System specs:

• Windows 10 home OS build 19041.329
    • Graphics adapter: AMD RadeonTM R2 Graphics
    • Built-in monitor: ACER Aspire 3
    • External Monitor: Lenovo G34w-10 set as main display

Systems status:

• Windows update is current as of this writing 2020-06-29
    • AMD Radeon software and driver ver. 20.5.1
    • Lenovo G34w-10 driver version 1.0

Thank you.

:)

RRP17, Jun 29, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Waking up from sleep mode

Hi Phil,

If you are unable to get out of Sleep mode, it could mean that the BIOS installed reduces the power to which your input device is connected, i.e. mouse or keyboard. For us to properly assist you in getting out of Sleep mode, kindly respond to the questions
    below:

• Can you explain further what you are experiencing? Were you able to get to the lock screen after waking from Sleep mode?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • When did the issue start to occur? Did it happen after installing an update, an app, or a driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jun 29, 2020
  3. WaytGibbs Win User
    Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, Jun 29, 2020
  4. All desktop windows are move/push-over to Main display after waking-up from sleep mode

Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

All desktop windows are move/push-over to Main display after waking-up from sleep mode

1. All desktop windows are move/push-over to Main display after waking-up from sleep mode - Similar Threads - desktop are move

2. Taskbar moving to the main display after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taskbar moving to the main display after sleep: Hello,on my desktop pc i have two monitors and i have the taskbar set on the secondary display.when the pc goes to sleep or the monitors gets turned off my taskbar moves from the secondary to the primary display.the secondary display connected via DP is like being completely...
  3. Taskbar moving to the main display after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar moving to the main display after sleep: Hello,on my desktop pc i have two monitors and i have the taskbar set on the secondary display.when the pc goes to sleep or the monitors gets turned off my taskbar moves from the secondary to the primary display.the secondary display connected via DP is like being completely...
  4. Taskbar moving to the main display after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. taskmgr icon is moving on desktop after sleep/wake up

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskmgr icon is moving on desktop after sleep/wake up: Hello I see a couple of old posts related to moving icons on desktop. Until a few months ago everything was stable on my desktop Windows 10, latest updates. But recently the TaskMgr icon is moving left every time I put computer to sleep and wake it up. It moves from bottom...
  6. New monitor, Windows moves screens from secondary to main after waking from sleep/display...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New monitor, Windows moves screens from secondary to main after waking from sleep/display...: I've been using a dual monitor set up for a while with no issue. This week, I got a new main monitor, and made my old main monitor my secondary. After the display shut off for any reason (whether it went to sleep/hibernated or just turned off display), when it came back, all...
  7. Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.

Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.: When I put my computer to sleep with the Sleep button on my Microsoft keyboard, when I wake it up again, the windows are moved & shrunk to half the length of the screen. How can I prevent this?...
  8. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  9. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  10. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...