Windows 10: All directories are Read Only. Help requested.

Discus and support All directories are Read Only. Help requested. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just a week ago I purchased a new desktop with Win 10 and after an automatic update ALL of my directories are now Read Only. Because I work from home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Persius_77, Sep 7, 2021.

1. All directories are Read Only. Help requested.

Just a week ago I purchased a new desktop with Win 10 and after an automatic update ALL of my directories are now Read Only. Because I work from home and this is a new PC I'm unable to install some of my programs due to this.... pain to say the least. I have been online for the past 2 days looking for solutions and NOTHING works. I am in need of help in resolving this problem asap. Based on my understanding there are many people who have experienced this disaster so it's nothing new or rare. Any help will be very much appreciated.Thank you.

:)

Persius_77, Sep 7, 2021
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 7, 2021
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Sep 7, 2021
  4. All directories are Read Only. Help requested.

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

All directories are Read Only. Help requested.

1. All directories are Read Only. Help requested. - Similar Threads - directories are Read

2. All my user folders are read-only. HELP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my user folders are read-only. HELP: Hello After upgrading to Windows 20H2, all of my user folders are read-only, including my users\user\documents. I've tried everything to undo, including changing attributes, changing permissions, and changing with command prompt. I've even logged into the Administrator...
  3. Help on Read Only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help on Read Only: I’ve been experiencing this for some time. I have iTunes on my laptop, and i noticed i couldn’t manually add media files to iTunes. Turns out the iTunes folder was on read only. But the real problem is that i can’t remove the read only attribute. I’ve got full permissions,...
  4. Temp directory switches to read only

Temp directory switches to read only: Hey all So I've had this problem on and off for the last three months; every so often, my temp directory will switch to Read Only and I'm unable to change the attributes of the files inside it. I have admin permissions on the laptop as the sole user, but when I try to make...
  5. all folders stuck as Read only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all folders stuck as Read only: i have full permision on my drives and folders but when u unfill the box that sets it to read only and open it again, it is filled in again. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-folders-stuck-as-read-only/721bec54-5f29-43c8-9559-6f2a2065ea12
  6. All Folders Read Only

All Folders Read Only: Title explains it all. Every folder on my C:\ or D:\ drives is set to read-only. I am able to change that in the folder properties, but when I go back in after hitting apply it reverts to read-only again. I have tried changing the permissions on each drive, disabling...
  7. All folders are read-only

in Windows 10 Customization
    All folders are read-only: Just today I wanted to change the properties of one file in my music folder, but was unable to. After some digging around I found out that the folder it was in was a read-only folder, upon trying to uncheck the box, then closing it, it reverts itself to read-only. I have...
  8. All Folders Read Only

All Folders Read Only: All folders seem to be listed as Read Only. Do not have third party antivirus. Yes, I already checked Permissions and Ownership Yes, I have already followed every tutorial and suggestion on this site....
  9. all folders are read only help Windows 10 Home

all folders are read only help Windows 10 Home: I am not sure what happened but all folders and files are read-only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-folders-are-read-only-help-windows-10-home/f336b95d-6b84-4c60-9c68-a1dcb48505bc"
  10. all folders are read only

in Windows 10 Support
    all folders are read only: Today I discovered that all my files are read only. I had saved a spreadsheet yesterday, then today I went to open it and it said read only. Then I looked at other files and the read only box was checked. Even when I unchecked it, and closing the property box, when I opened...