Windows 10: All docs missing and folders empty!

Discus and support All docs missing and folders empty! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After initiation icloud/drive.......Malware etc. Dont know what caused all docs to disappear and all folders to be empty. How can I restore this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rachel le Roux, Jan 9, 2020.

1. All docs missing and folders empty!

After initiation icloud/drive.......Malware etc. Dont know what caused all docs to disappear and all folders to be empty. How can I restore this?

:)

Rachel le Roux, Jan 9, 2020
  2. MIKE A Win User

Misplaced My Docs folder of pictures.

Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 yesterday [free update]. Checked my Docs containing my phot folders. Last one being Plant Pathology. Folder is missing. It's taken me months building this folder.
    In the Start area, I recognized one of the missing pics, displayed as a tile. Did something that removed the tile and listed, 'photos' in the margin. Clicking on this, the screen opens up showing my lost pictures but in reverse order. Also a vast number of other pictures that are saved in My Docs, but individual folders.

HELP PLEASE. Can I take whatever steps to restore my folders to My Doc's and at the same time prevent windows from ever again making collections.
    Many thanks.
    Mike.

MIKE A, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 9, 2020
  4. All docs missing and folders empty!

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

All docs missing and folders empty!

1. All docs missing and folders empty! - Similar Threads - docs missing folders

2. Desktop and documents folders empty or missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and documents folders empty or missing: Hello, I've built a PC about 5 years ago, and finally had the need to upgrade this past week. I ended up swapping out most components, only re-using the case and fans. After my new PC was fully set up, I installed Windows 10 Pro and all applications on my new SSD. I kept my...
  3. Desktop and documents folders empty or missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop and documents folders empty or missing: Hello, I've built a PC about 5 years ago, and finally had the need to upgrade this past week. I ended up swapping out most components, only re-using the case and fans. After my new PC was fully set up, I installed Windows 10 Pro and all applications on my new SSD. I kept my...
  4. Desktop and documents folders empty or missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Android Folders Cut and Paste - Folders are all empty...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android Folders Cut and Paste - Folders are all empty...: I was trying to move files from my samsung phone to my windows 10 pc and because I was trying to rush I cut some folders and pasted them to an attached USB drive. The folders all pasted with absolutely zero contents. I previously cut and pasted another folder so I just...
  6. Android Folders Cut and Paste - Folders are all empty...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android Folders Cut and Paste - Folders are all empty...: I was trying to move files from my samsung phone to my windows 10 pc and because I was trying to rush I cut some folders and pasted them to an attached USB drive. The folders all pasted with absolutely zero contents. I previously cut and pasted another folder so I just...
  7. Android Folders Cut and Paste - Folders are all empty...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. gpedit.msc folders are empty and 'Administrative Templates' missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    gpedit.msc folders are empty and 'Administrative Templates' missing: Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientExtensions-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.19041.388.mum Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientTools-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.19041.1.mum...
  9. Lost all content in folders showing empty

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost all content in folders showing empty: This has just happened minutes ago while trying to save a Word doc. The content has gone from my open Word docs, all folders system and personal files are showing empty. I only have icon images and blanks when navigating windows, control panel, etc. There is a Windows...
  10. All folders missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All folders missing: My OneDrive was full because it continuously saved everything, and was not allowing me to make changes and save any new documents, so I tried "unlink this PC" under "account" in settings. Everything then disappeared. PLEASE HELP!!!...