Windows 10: All documents have been encrypted with .reco format

Discus and support All documents have been encrypted with .reco format in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; all my documents have since been encrypted with .reco format & can not be opened. plesae help how to decrypt and recover. thanks * Moved from Win... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AmitavaSengupta, Oct 15, 2019.

1. All documents have been encrypted with .reco format

all my documents have since been encrypted with .reco format & can not be opened. plesae help how to decrypt and recover. thanks

* Moved from Win 10/Security

* Original title: encrypttion

:)

AmitavaSengupta, Oct 15, 2019

2. encrypttion

all my documents have since been encrypted with .reco format & can not be opened.plesae help how to decrypt and recover.thanks

AmitavaSengupta, Oct 15, 2019
  3. S_and_S Win User
    Encrypted documents.

I think Jim could be right. Do you know for a fact that the files were encrypted? If so, what application was used to encrypt?

Otherwise ... if you're not opening those documents with the same application that was used to create them in the first place, the application you are using to read them now may not be able to understand the file format. The result is page after page of
    gobbledygook.

S_and_S, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

All documents have been encrypted with .reco format

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

All documents have been encrypted with .reco format

1. All documents have been encrypted with .reco format - Similar Threads - documents been encrypted

2. All files on Document library encrypted with .vvoa and .vyb extension

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All files on Document library encrypted with .vvoa and .vyb extension: Greetings, I have been recently infected by the STOP virus and all of my critical buisness documents is encrypted by it and there was a document asking for ransom like the picture below and i have tried the decrypt tool and i have a online key please help![ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  3. documents and programs have been deleted after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    documents and programs have been deleted after an update: Help my documents and programs have been deleted after an update and I didn't do a backup but have save most to an external drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-and-programs-have-been-deleted-after-an/c2efde6b-ec7f-4429-8ff0-5f06994a8c91
  4. All emails have been disapeared

All emails have been disapeared: when i open my email they have all disappeared. Says no data in table. What happened & how do I get them to show back up? [Original Title: email] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-emails-have-been-disapeared/1388e29c-79ba-4334-832c-92279ea838a5
  5. All new documents on my desktop are getting encrypted automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All new documents on my desktop are getting encrypted automatically: I was playing/experimenting with file encryption Win 10 - something that is totally new to me I have never used it before. I encrypted a folder full of important docs right-mouseclick>properties>general>advanced, placed the folder in a non-system drive and created a shortcut...
  6. PC updated Windows 10 and all of the files pictures, music, documents have been deleted

PC updated Windows 10 and all of the files pictures, music, documents have been deleted: My laptop performed a standard update of Windows 10 and a couple of weeks later I opened my laptop and ALL of my files have been deleted. Years worth of photos, work documents, personal files have all vanished. The Windows.old folder no longer exists and despite trying to...
  7. encrypted document on wordpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    encrypted document on wordpad: I created an important document on wordpad and opened it to edit. The document was encrypted. I did not encrypt the document or anything else. This certain document is the only one encrypted on wordpad. How do I recover my document ?...
  8. all my documents have since been encrypted with .reco format

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all my documents have since been encrypted with .reco format: all my documents have since been encrypted with .reco format & can not be opened.plesae help how to decrypt and recover.thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypttion/3d20b140-cc8e-469c-b07d-ed1d735bb6f9
  9. Encrypted documents.

Encrypted documents.: Old documents are opening in an unreadable form of encryption. I need to access these documents as soon as possible. I'm not very technology savvy, but have no clue as to what happened to cause this change. Can anyone please help me correct this issue?...
  10. notepad document format?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad document format?: i get gobble de gook when i try to open a saved document in notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/notepad-document-format/56ca0d7b-59d5-44fa-bfbc-b3a68e17b3da