Windows 10: All downloaded executable files/non-windows programs are suddenly all "corrupt and unreadable"

Discus and support All downloaded executable files/non-windows programs are suddenly all "corrupt and unreadable" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I try to open a program such as Audacity, Photoshop, Minecraft java edition, not windows 10 edition I get this error: The file or directory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gnajom3, Dec 22, 2019.

1. gnajom3 Win User

All downloaded executable files/non-windows programs are suddenly all "corrupt and unreadable"

Whenever I try to open a program such as Audacity, Photoshop, Minecraft java edition, not windows 10 edition I get this error:

The file or directory is corrupt and unreadable.

So I tried to reinstall every program, but then when I downloaded the setup file for Minecraft, the same error appeared!

I can open pictures/audio files/videos perfectly fine, so I know my hard drive isn't corrupted.

I also tried CHKDSK and SFC, no luck.

If anybody else is having the same problem, Click the "I Have the same problem" button below!

Thanks,

gnajom3

:)

gnajom3, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Chewy Win User

Windows corrupt file All downloaded executable files/non-windows programs are suddenly all "corrupt and unreadable" :p

humm k, this thing is poping up on my taskbar.

!(yellow triangle around it) Windows - Corrupt File

The file or directory C:\windows\system32\msvcrt.dll is corrupt or unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility.

Well I ran the chkdsk in my windows 32 folder and the problem remains*Stick Out Tongue All downloaded executable files/non-windows programs are suddenly all "corrupt and unreadable" :p.

Any help when someone has the spare time, is greatly apriciated.

Chewy, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Dec 22, 2019
  4. malware Win User

All downloaded executable files/non-windows programs are suddenly all "corrupt and unreadable"

Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

1. All downloaded executable files/non-windows programs are suddenly all "corrupt and unreadable" - Similar Threads - downloaded executable files

2. File or Directory is corrupted and unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File or Directory is corrupted and unreadable: So the dog caught the cord on my surge protector and turned the computer off right as a file was being saved. now it says that the folder the file is in is not able to be read. I have run a chkdsk and had the following: Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 581 reparse...
  3. how to delete a corrupted, unreadable non-accessible file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete a corrupted, unreadable non-accessible file.: I cannot delete a corrupted, unreadable non-accessible file. I've tried Command Prompt and File Assassin with no luck. The file is on an external drive which has close to 900 GB of data on it. I do not have enough space on my hard drive to transfer the data so formatting...
  4. "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

"The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable": Hello, I wanted to make a folder that had additional folders in it as well as the main folder with emojis you might use in text messages in the beginning of the name. For example, if I named a folder "Info," there is an emoji on Get Emoji Symbols a ".com" website of a light...
  5. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable: I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004, build 19041.172 on a desktop machine with utilizing a single SSD for the boot drive and Storage Spaces for all of my files. The storage spaces pool is using six physical drives for a total of 30 TB 27.2 actually setup with Parity to...
  6. The File or directory is corrupted and unreadable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The File or directory is corrupted and unreadable: Hi I turned on my Dell G5 today and every program that I wanted to open, show this error << the file and directory is corrupted and unreadable >> Both my c and d drive have this problem. And interesting thing is that all of programs will run when I right click and...
  7. Corrupted and unreadable files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted and unreadable files: Why are all my Microsort word and excel files corrupted and unreadable. This is not the first time it's happened - just want to know why and how to rectify the issue....
  8. C:\Program Files (x86)\... The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable

C:\Program Files (x86)\... The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable: Every time I try to open anything on my computer it gives the same pop-up: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable. Except for when I run as administrator. I am at a loss I feel I've tried everything this is basically last resort. Please Help!!...
  9. C:\Program Files (x86)\... The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable.

C:\Program Files (x86)\... The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable.: Every time I try to open anything on my computer it gives the same pop-up: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable. Except for when I run as administrator. I am at a loss I feel I've tried everything this is basically last resort. Please Help!!...
  10. ALL Files and Folders in the 'Downloads' SUDDENLY Disappeared!

ALL Files and Folders in the 'Downloads' SUDDENLY Disappeared!: Hi all, I had 3 years worth of files (thousands of files) in my Downloads folder which have all suddenly disappeared completely (Except for one folder that contains 76 other folders, however their content have also vanished). Unfortunately I don't have any back-ups of my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Exe Files corrupted and unreadable every time ?