Windows 10: All downloads being marked as having virus and being deleted

Discus and support All downloads being marked as having virus and being deleted in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All files that I try and download from all browsers are being marked as having virus and being deleted (I think by WIndows Defender.) I can't download... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SkipJack270, May 28, 2019.

1. All downloads being marked as having virus and being deleted

All files that I try and download from all browsers are being marked as having virus and being deleted (I think by WIndows Defender.) I can't download some of the things that have been suggested to fix it as the interruption is on all files. How do I get rid of what I believe is a rootkit virus without being able to download anything? Please help!

:)

SkipJack270, May 28, 2019

2. Windows Defender marks all downloads as virus

Windows Defender marks all downloads as virus (download contained virus and was deleted)

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

PallMagnusson, May 28, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 28, 2019
  4. malware Win User

All downloads being marked as having virus and being deleted

New Virus Comes Disguised as IE7 Download

If you receive an e-mail offering a download of Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2, delete it. A new virus is spreading all over the web. The e-mail includes a convincing graphic that looks like it could really be from Microsoft, and the virus is delivered when recipients click on the included link. The e-mails carry the subject line "Internet Explorer 7 Downloads" and appear to come from admin@microsoft.com. They include a blue, Microsoft-style graphic offering a download of IE 7 beta 2. Clicking the graphic will download an executable file called IE 7.exe. The file is actually a new virus called Virus.Win32.Grum. Security experts are still trying to analyze the virus, which may affect your registry, mail contact list or steal personal information from your computer.

Source: Network World

malware, May 28, 2019
Thema:

All downloads being marked as having virus and being deleted

1. All downloads being marked as having virus and being deleted - Similar Threads - downloads being marked

2. All files named "image###" are being deleted???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All files named "image###" are being deleted???: Weird issue here. I have a OneDrive-synced folder with a couple of files in it named "image001.jpg" and "image002.jpg". Twice in the past few weeks, these images were somehow automatically deleted. I'm able to recover them from the Recycle Bin, but obviously this is an...
  3. Can't delete something i downloaded as it is being used by system Potential Virus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete something i downloaded as it is being used by system Potential Virus: I have a file which i cant delete that i recently downloaded a pic is provided. I cant use admin command promt command del /f on it or anything else what do i do?...
  4. Can't delete something i downloaded as it is being used by system Potential Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete something i downloaded as it is being used by system Potential Virus: I have a file which i cant delete that i recently downloaded a pic is provided. I cant use admin command promt command del /f on it or anything else what do i do?...
  5. Can't delete something i downloaded as it is being used by system Potential Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My Download is being blocked as a Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Download is being blocked as a Virus: I want to download this file that i'm fully aware of it's being false scanned for viruses and i'm having trouble trying to access this file because the download is getting blocked and its very frustrating. So how do i download files with "viruses."[Original Title:...
  7. File being deleted after Downloading

File being deleted after Downloading: Hi, the last few days I've been having some weird issues. I have a Bootstrapper exe file which downloads a set of specific files. Everything runs smoothly, but when the Bootstrapper finishes, another exe file which is the application gets deleted. Its only the exe file which...
  8. All downloads are flagged as having a virus and deleted on all browsers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All downloads are flagged as having a virus and deleted on all browsers: Every file I try to download is flagged as having a virus and is then deleted, in Microsoft Edge, IE and Chrome. All virus scans came up negative so I thought McAfee might be the issue so uninstalled that program letting Windows Defender take over security duties, then I had...
  9. all my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus

all my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus: All my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-downloads-are-being-deleted-due-to-a/7b3e7534-c46a-441e-9c96-97ba6757fb79
  10. All Downloads Identified as Having a Virus / Deleted

All Downloads Identified as Having a Virus / Deleted: Every file I try to download is flagged as having a virus and is then deleted. The files include a .pdf file from irs.gov, a .csv file from a national pharmacy, a .pdf file from an insurance company, etc. The problem occurs whether I'm using Microsoft Edge or Chrome. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows downloads marked as virus and deleted

2. downloads being deleted