Windows 10: All Downloads Identified as Having a Virus / Deleted

Discus and support All Downloads Identified as Having a Virus / Deleted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every file I try to download is flagged as having a virus and is then deleted. The files include a .pdf file from irs.gov, a .csv file from a national... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VHUSA, Jun 20, 2019.

1. VHUSA Win User

All Downloads Identified as Having a Virus / Deleted

Every file I try to download is flagged as having a virus and is then deleted. The files include a .pdf file from irs.gov, a .csv file from a national pharmacy, a .pdf file from an insurance company, etc. The problem occurs whether I'm using Microsoft Edge or Chrome. I thought McAfee might be the issue so uninstalled that program letting Windows Defender take over security duties, first doing a scan that disclosed no viruses. The problem continues. I had Windows Defender scan for viruses, but none were detected. I can open .pdf files that were previously downloaded or that can be viewed within the browser window. These files will all download to my Fire tablet or Android phone without a problem, but not to my laptop. I've tried composing a new message in Hotmail and attaching a PowerPoint file from my hard drive. I receive the file fine and the slides display properly in my email account; however, when I choose the Download option, I again get an error message saying the file contained a virus and was deleted.

Even if every file on my own hard drive was infected with a virus, it seems unlikely that every file, regardless of file type, from every website I've visited is infected with a virus that isn't identified by my tablet or Android phone. I believe all my software is up to date. I am beyond frustrated! Thank you for any help you can provide.

Windows 10

:)

VHUSA, Jun 20, 2019
  2. malware Win User

New Virus Comes Disguised as IE7 Download

If you receive an e-mail offering a download of Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2, delete it. A new virus is spreading all over the web. The e-mail includes a convincing graphic that looks like it could really be from Microsoft, and the virus is delivered when recipients click on the included link. The e-mails carry the subject line "Internet Explorer 7 Downloads" and appear to come from admin@microsoft.com. They include a blue, Microsoft-style graphic offering a download of IE 7 beta 2. Clicking the graphic will download an executable file called IE 7.exe. The file is actually a new virus called Virus.Win32.Grum. Security experts are still trying to analyze the virus, which may affect your registry, mail contact list or steal personal information from your computer.

Source: Network World

malware, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Is it a Virus or a Malware or something else?

Hello Joes,

There's a possibility that your device is infected with a malware causing why you're unable to delete the game on your laptop. In order for us to assist you better, we'd like to ask the following:

• Aside from formatting the hard drive, what other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you asked your friend where did he download the games?

To identify if your computer is infected with a virus or malware, we recommend downloading and running
    Microsoft Safety Scanner. The scanner can easily detect if there's any virus found on your device. To do so, follow the steps on this
    link.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Jun 20, 2019
  4. All Downloads Identified as Having a Virus / Deleted

oops virus

Okay we've had our fun, time to be helpful. Please post a screenshot of ctrl-alt-delete (aka task manager) with all the running tasks listed. From there, we can isolate what your virus is. And other then that, yes, download Avast, run the boot time scan, and press "delete all" when it finds the culprit *Smile All Downloads Identified as Having a Virus / Deleted :).

zekrahminator, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

All Downloads Identified as Having a Virus / Deleted

1. All Downloads Identified as Having a Virus / Deleted - Similar Threads - Downloads Identified Having

2. problem identifying possible virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem identifying possible virus: The icons to my microsoft programs are in red. They are usually green or blue work, powerpoint, etc is this a virus? I've also had an ongoing "new update" that is permeating my computer. Its difficult to close, and just keeps popping up. I wont install it because i dont...
  3. All downloads are flagged as having a virus and deleted on all browsers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All downloads are flagged as having a virus and deleted on all browsers: Every file I try to download is flagged as having a virus and is then deleted, in Microsoft Edge, IE and Chrome. All virus scans came up negative so I thought McAfee might be the issue so uninstalled that program letting Windows Defender take over security duties, then I had...
  4. windows 10 blocks downloads and states they have a virus and deletes them

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 blocks downloads and states they have a virus and deletes them: Hello... suddenly, my computer will not allow any downloads. Goes through the download process and at the end states that the download not the computer has a virus and deletes it. It won't even download google chrome. I don't know if doing a full restore will eliminate this...
  5. downloads met with "contained a virus---deleted"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    downloads met with "contained a virus---deleted": I think this is an older problem, but somehow I am just noticing it. Anytime I try to download, save, save as, etc something from an email, the info comes back with "...…… contained a virus and was deleted". Super frustrating especially when I know these are safe files!!!!...
  6. all my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus: All my downloads are being deleted due to a supposed virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-downloads-are-being-deleted-due-to-a/7b3e7534-c46a-441e-9c96-97ba6757fb79
  7. All downloads being marked as having virus and being deleted

All downloads being marked as having virus and being deleted: All files that I try and download from all browsers are being marked as having virus and being deleted (I think by WIndows Defender.) I can't download some of the things that have been suggested to fix it as the interruption is on all files. How do I get rid of what I...
  8. false,download contained a virus and was deleted,fix

false,download contained a virus and was deleted,fix: false, download contained a virus and was deleted ,fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/falsedownload-contained-a-virus-and-was-deletedfix/8ad8e3b2-7fd7-4590-a656-56b555bb7b37
  9. Downloading Error: "Download contained virus and was deleted"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Downloading Error: "Download contained virus and was deleted": Hi all, Very recently my computer started to not accept downloads. It's VERY frustrating because this has never happened before. It's affecting my school since I can't download certain assignments and I can't even download Norton Security. I've attempted downloading from...
  10. Windows defender deleting downloaded file that does not have a virus (thinks it does)

Windows defender deleting downloaded file that does not have a virus (thinks it does): Windows defender is erroneously deleting a downloaded file - how can this be corrected? The file being downloaded is from a trusted source....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all downloads contain virus and are deleted

2. contained a virus and was deleted edge fix

3. file contained a virus and was deleted false

4. windows 10 contained a virus and was deleted