Windows 10: All .exe files opening in Blender, including the command prompt

Discus and support All .exe files opening in Blender, including the command prompt in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was using Blender for a project, and I tried opening its own file type in it, which is .blend, but it wasn't associated with that application. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Armand_01, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Armand_01 Win User

All .exe files opening in Blender, including the command prompt

I was using Blender for a project, and I tried opening its own file type in it, which is .blend, but it wasn't associated with that application. So I went to a .blend file's properties, and choose the app blender.exe for it to be opened in. Guess what, every program's icon suddenly turns into Blender's. From Chrome, through Total Commander till Steam.

I tried reseting the default applications, but that didn't do anything. So I tried looking for solutions on my phone, and I came across a method involving the Command prompt. But, guess what, that also tries to open in Blender.

Another method I found was a registry edit one, in form of a .reg file. What I did was copy that text on my phone, made a .txt out of it, brought it over to my PC via cable because you know, there's no other way, then opened the .txt in Notepad which still works luckily and I saved it as a .reg file on my desktop. So now I have this .reg file containing:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.exe\UserChoice]

:)

Armand_01, Oct 24, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Oct 24, 2020
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Oct 24, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How can I open an .obj file in Blender

Hi Joshy

Setting File Associations in Windows 10 is currently a bit buggy

Right click an obj file, choose 'Open WIth' - Choose Another App

IMPORTANT - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open objx . . .'

If Blender is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if Blender is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the blender executable and choose that

That is located here:

C:/program files (x86)/blender foundation/blender/blender.exe

That's It, once that is done, you should be able to double click an obj file to open it in Blender . . .

DaveM121, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

1. All .exe files opening in Blender, including the command prompt - Similar Threads - exe files opening

2. how do i make an exe file out of a command prompt command

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i make an exe file out of a command prompt command: hi, i am curious of how to make an exe file run a command into command prompt. Can someone help me? submitted by /u/Ethanol2814 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lql0i3/how_do_i_make_an_exe_file_out_of_a_command_prompt/
  3. exe files will not run unless .exe extension is included in command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe files will not run unless .exe extension is included in command: cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator I posted about it a long time ago, but I've never been able to run anything without an .exe. . . . *Huh [img] Power Shell works just fine with out an .exe, though. . . ? . 172679
  4. Command prompt not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command prompt not opening: Hi All, Whenever I try to open a command prompt in windows 10 it crashes automatically. Please assist how to fix the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-not-opening/cc3ba5c9-0dda-421b-b0af-d3e128135a1c
  5. Cannot open task manager, run command prompt as admin, or open installer exe files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open task manager, run command prompt as admin, or open installer exe files: A recent update may have caused this, but overall I am not 100% sure. I went to open up Task Manager and when I did the prompt "The code execution cannot proceed because credui.dll was not found." So I went to look up solutions and one was a system scan through opening the...
  6. regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    regedit,command prompt & .exe files does not open: regedit, command prompt does not show run as administrator option and also does not open any .exe files on my windows 10 laptop.it says to look for an app in Microsoft store....
  7. Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB: Yup, you read that right. I really hate this since I need to install Windows (32-bit) via a thumb drive. Executive files inside the original hard drive does not affect this. All of the .exe files don't work (other type of files still work). But I can still access...
  8. Command prompt not opening

Command prompt not opening: Hi, I recently installed a windows 10 update and noe cmd.exe does not work. I hvae tried many different methods to open it but all that happens is a small window flashes up ont he screen for a split second then dissapears. any ideas? s8on...
  9. Can not run all the .exe file included regedit.exe

Can not run all the .exe file included regedit.exe: Most of the program files can not run , included regedit. my access is Administrator. Keeps prompt me can not find the file. How to solve it ?...
  10. Command Prompt Not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Not Opening: Recently attempting to open Command prompt, ordinary or as administrator, it flashes for perhaps 2 seconds and then disappears. I tried the following commands sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth But none of these seem to work, I'm wondering if there...