Windows 10: all exe's run the same application -- all desktop short cuts look the same

Discus and support all exe's run the same application -- all desktop short cuts look the same in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I developed and app ss.exe and used NSIS installer which I have for many years. I also tried the C# VS2015 Publish wizard somewhere after those two.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by edmarch1, Nov 26, 2018.

1. edmarch1 Win User

all exe's run the same application -- all desktop short cuts look the same

I developed and app ss.exe and used NSIS installer which I have for many years. I also tried the

C# VS2015 Publish wizard somewhere after those two. I noticed my desktop app had the same

ss.exe icon. If i run cmd.exe i get ss.exe if i run regedit i get ss.exe no matter what exe i try to run

almost all are my app!!! File Explorer runs OK MS Edge browser runs OK.

This only happens in one account the admin account, where I run the above two installers.

This is on a windows 10 64 bit machine.

I tried to remove all the ss.exe file and yet their is one left I guess that keep running.

I have no ide what wrong!! If I had two admin account I'd delete the broken one, since the

other user (non admin) works OK.

I have determined it was VS2015 the CLickOnce app that screwed things up

and I have deleted the /users/myname/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/wxyz/jiggerish/manifest

All apps I try to start including task manager say

Can Not Start Application

Can not download application. the application is missing required files.

Contact app vendor

The jiberish folder namaes keep getting recreated as different jibberish names

ClickOnce is a pure headache

:)

edmarch1, Nov 26, 2018
  2. lacrumb Win User

when i create a file short cut where does it go. its not on my desktop.

To put a short cut of a program on the desktop you right click the application (the exe file) and click on Sent to. there it asks where and you choose Desktop.

Or if you have made the short cut and it is in the file right click on it and Send to desktop.

lacrumb, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Oldgye Win User
    Dropped short cut

Once again I find myself looking for a long used short cut. Apparently Windows 10 and Bing do not like Yahoo. I downloaded 10 and was comfortable navigating around. The next day, I logged on and Yahoo was among the missing. Easy to go to Windows Edge
    and then to Yahoo, but the program will not right click to a drop down and choices of creating a short cut on the desk top. I tried Mr. Smithers fix to get Google Earth back, but yahoo is not listed in the "Apps' section. Any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Oldgye, Nov 26, 2018
  4. all exe's run the same application -- all desktop short cuts look the same

windows 10 short cuts

create a short cut on my laptop with this program - Which program are you talking about? Do you want to create shortcut in Windows 10

1. For Files > Right click on file > Create shortcut

2. For application > Click on Windows Start > Right click on the required application > More > Open File location > You will find app shortcut here, if not follow step 1 for the exe of this app

Vijay_Verma, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

all exe's run the same application -- all desktop short cuts look the same

1. all exe's run the same application -- all desktop short cuts look the same - Similar Threads - exe's run same

2. .exe applications are displaying the same icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe applications are displaying the same icon: Once in a while, I meet this bug. Some icons, and the .exe files are displaying one icon of another app. In my current case is the icon of VLC player. After uninstall VLC player, rebuild icon cache, run sfc scan, nothing seemed to work. The only method that worked once was...
  3. .exe applications are displaying the same icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .exe applications are displaying the same icon: Once in a while, I meet this bug. Some icons, and the .exe files are displaying one icon of another app. In my current case is the icon of VLC player. After uninstall VLC player, rebuild icon cache, run sfc scan, nothing seemed to work. The only method that worked once was...
  4. .exe applications are displaying the same icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All Icon is the same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Icon is the same: So basically all my png, jpeg, jpg, mp4 turned to this icon, is there anyway on how to fixed it, it's kinda annoying since there's photo preview before this happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-icon-is-the-same/805e40c4-2468-46bf-afec-b89f830f2d67
  6. All Icon is the same

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Icon is the same: So basically all my png, jpeg, jpg, mp4 turned to this icon, is there anyway on how to fixed it, it's kinda annoying since there's photo preview before this happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-icon-is-the-same/805e40c4-2468-46bf-afec-b89f830f2d67
  7. All Icon is the same

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. All application installation dates are the same

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All application installation dates are the same: After the Windows 10 feature update to 20H2, in the control panel, it is showing all of my application installation dates as today. Did this update completely install windows, and all of my applications? Is this a bug?...
  9. all icon open the same application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    all icon open the same application: Suddenly the icons in my computer changed. They all open the same application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-icon-open-the-same-application/51e81ed8-56d4-4693-a621-085e48686a53
  10. all exe's run teh same application -- all desktop short cuts look the same

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all exe's run teh same application -- all desktop short cuts look the same: I developed and app ss.exe and used NSIS installer which I have for many years. I also tried the C# VS2015 Publish wizard somewhere after those two. I noticed my desktop app had the same ss.exe icon. If i run cmd.exe i get ss.exe if i run regedit i get ss.exe no matter...