Windows 10: All external keyboards for my keyboard keep resetting. Not sure if there is a fix?

Discus and support All external keyboards for my keyboard keep resetting. Not sure if there is a fix? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This started a little over a week ago and I'm not sure if there is anything more I can do to fix this issue. So whenever I hit one or two keys on any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/S3t3sh, Feb 13, 2021.

1. /u/S3t3sh Win User

All external keyboards for my keyboard keep resetting. Not sure if there is a fix?

This started a little over a week ago and I'm not sure if there is anything more I can do to fix this issue. So whenever I hit one or two keys on any external keyboard for my hp laptop the keyboard restarts for like the first 10 minutes when I boot up my laptop so I can't use the keyboard at all. After waiting around 10 minutes it would work properly but this was before it updated yesterday and now it does it no matter how long I wait. I have tried with multiple different keyboards and they all do it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all keyboard drivers as well as all USB drivers. I have restarted my computer multiple times and turned off an left it off and still nothing has helped. And like I said as of yesterday it has only gotten worse from updating because now waiting for it to stop doesn't work it still does this after I have been on my computer for over an hour. Any advice on anything else I could try? Is anyone else having this issue?

submitted by /u/S3t3sh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/S3t3sh, Feb 13, 2021

2. Built in keyboard not working

I recently purchased an ASUS ROG GL553VD Notebook Computer and a few weeks ago the keyboard stopped working. After a few restarts it worked again, but today the problem came back, and was not fixed by any amount of restarting. Several people on past posts said to reinstall they Keyboard driver, but there was no Keyboard section in the Device Manager. I am currently resetting the laptop to factory settings to see if that fixes the issue. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DanielJH99, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

All external keyboards for my keyboard keep resetting. Not sure if there is a fix?

keyboard

Hi ronks,

Windows 10 tablets has a feature to enable and disable the on screen keyboard. We suggest that you disable the on-screen keyboard through the control panel by following the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Control Panel and select the top most result.
    • Type ease of access center in the control panel and open it.
    • Click "Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard".
    • Make sure that the "Use on-screen keyboard" is unchecked.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

1. All external keyboards for my keyboard keep resetting. Not sure if there is a fix? - Similar Threads - external keyboards keyboard

2. custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Customization
    custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting: I have set custom keyboard shortcuts to many apps that I use regularly for ease of working. eg. ctrl+alt+E to launch Excel. However every now and then the short cut gets reset and I have to manually set it again. I can't figure out yet what triggers the reset.. It seems...
  3. custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting: I have set custom keyboard shortcuts to many apps that I use regularly for ease of working. eg. ctrl+alt+E to launch Excel. However every now and then the short cut gets reset and I have to manually set it again. I can't figure out yet what triggers the reset.. It seems...
  4. custom Keyboard shortcuts keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External keyboard: I got a steelseries apex 3 keyboard and my h key, ; key, ' key, and both ctrl keys don't seem to work. However, they randomly fix themselves and stay fixed the rest of the time my computer is on. I don't know if this is a hardware problem or if there is a button I have to...
  6. External keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard: I got a steelseries apex 3 keyboard and my h key, ; key, ' key, and both ctrl keys don't seem to work. However, they randomly fix themselves and stay fixed the rest of the time my computer is on. I don't know if this is a hardware problem or if there is a button I have to...
  7. external keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external keyboard: Just bought a Ducky one 2 Keyboard and it just does not work with Windows 10. Tried reinstalling the driver and it changed nothing. Looking for updates also changes nothing. My computer just does not recognise it, it detects the usb port and yet my keyboard is not usable.What...
  8. external keyboard

external keyboard: someone replied to a similar question I posted but I lost the reply email! isssues with external keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-keyboard/6826c5f2-ec75-41b1-b770-36930d713515
  9. External Keyboard

External Keyboard: Using a logitech kyboard. worked perfectly until a few days ago. started dropping letters or entering lllllllllllllllllllers letters multiple times like it just did at the beginning of this line. ried 3 tried 3 different keyboards. msing letters...
  10. My external USB keyboard keeps on disconnecting for no reason?

My external USB keyboard keeps on disconnecting for no reason?: Hello So I really have no idea on what is causing this issue. The first time I experienced this problem, is when I was playing a video game. It was working fine but after 30 mins or so, my USB keyboard disconnects on its own Based from the disconnecting sound I heard and...