Windows 10: All Favourites have disappeard

Discus and support All Favourites have disappeard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, everyone First of all, I am not technically-minded so forgive my stumbles. I can type on a PC and that is my limit of technical knowledge.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mermaidnwuk, Aug 10, 2020.

1. All Favourites have disappeard

Hello, everyone

First of all, I am not technically-minded so forgive my stumbles. I can type on a PC and that is my limit of technical knowledge.

Since Windows 10 updated my PC to a bright and shiny edition with the new Edge etc., (around a month or so ago) all of my Favourites (usually accessed using the Star pages icon on the top right), Bookmarks and others that were on the list menu that appeared - have gone - disappeared - nothing there at all. It is as if they had never existed. There were lots and lots of Favourites - all gone. How can I find and restore them to their rightful place, please?

I have tried contacting a Microsoft Help Agent but to no avail. As rare as hen's teeth.

:)

mermaidnwuk, Aug 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 My Favourites list is gone!

I have loaded up Windows 10 and my favourites list is gone. This is pretty frustrating as I had a big list of favourites built up over a couple of years for work and my own personal browsing. I tried the adive offered by Krishna to Maggie in the forum which
    was:

"I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps to restore the favourites.

• Click This PC
    • Type %userprofile% into the Address bar
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Right click the Favorites folder
    • Click Properties
    • Click Previous Versions
    • Wait for the list of previous versions to load
    • Select a version that was before you lost the files/folders
    • Click Restore."
    When I got to step 6 my previous versions list showed only today. Surely the loading of Windows 10 has not wiped out my Favourites? What can I do from here?

Daren

[*]

[*]

DarenO'Neill, Aug 10, 2020
  3. import favourites

Ive tried to import my windows 10 favourites to another laptop but it wont import them. The ones that coming up in favourites are nothing like my list can anybody suggest how I can get these back please

Chris__347665, Aug 10, 2020
  4. gdn1947 Win User

All Favourites have disappeard

Favourites

Hi, A few questions about Windows 10 favourites

1) Is there any way to ensure that the Favourites List is displayed permanently ie without having to select and pin?

2) Is there any way to have a selected favourite automatically open in a new tab without having to right click it and select open in new tab?

3) Is there any way to vary the width of the favourites list?

Thanks

gdn1947, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

All Favourites have disappeard

1. All Favourites have disappeard - Similar Threads - Favourites disappeard

2. How do I pin links to favourite sites. Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I pin links to favourite sites. Windows 10: When I used outlook.com, I was able to save links to sites I use a lot so that they showed in the top horizontal bar.Examples of these sites include my bank and supermarkets who frequently deliver groceries to me.I also saved links to community forums I use regularly such as...
  3. Does Windows10 process scheduler honour Intel CPU "favourite" cores?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does Windows10 process scheduler honour Intel CPU "favourite" cores?: Does Windows10 process scheduler honour CPU cores labeled as "favourite" i.e. with best heat/thermal parameters in Intel CPUs? I wonder, Intel XTU reports that my XEON CPU has "favorite" cores #3,4 and 7. In numeric simulations the worker threads generally fall to #3 and...
  4. Find favourites in Photo app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Find favourites in Photo app?: Hello! How can I find photos that I've marked as favourites? There's no folder for it in the Photo app. submitted by /u/striped_eyes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mj9m08/find_favourites_in_photo_app/
  5. "Favourite" Index Search Results

in Cortana
    "Favourite" Index Search Results: Is there a way to indicate to Windows folders that should be given preference to be returned as results? I have a number of folders that frequently show up lower in the results that I want to make sure bubble up to the top of the results. The opposite would be great too --...
  6. How to view "Favourites" in the Win 10 Photo App?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to view "Favourites" in the Win 10 Photo App?: I can add a picture to "Favourites" by pressing the heart icon at the top. However if I open the photos app I cannot see any folder/place named "Favourites" to browse these pictures... submitted by /u/lee1126 [link] [comments]...
  7. Accessing my email inbox directly via favourites tab in Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Accessing my email inbox directly via favourites tab in Edge.: In Chrome I have a shortcut to my email inbox on a tab in my favourites bar and it takes me directly to my logged in inbox every time. I've got exactly the same set up in Edge, having made a shortcut whilst logged in to my inbox. However, most of the time when I use this...
  8. Where is Favourites folder from Photos app in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is Favourites folder from Photos app in File Explorer?: Hi guys, So I have selected the photos I want to save as favorites and I see that there is a favorite photos folder within the photos app but I am wondering where I can find them within File Explorer for easier access when selecting my favorite photos. Thanks...
  9. Identifying favourites in windows photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Identifying favourites in windows photo viewer: Hi guys, Ive got several folders of photos and quite a few of the photos I have favourited in windows photo viewer. Is it possible to see which photos have been favourited within a folder without having to open photo viewer? Id like to make a folder of all my favourites....
  10. All Favourites have disappeard

in Browsers and Email
    All Favourites have disappeard: Hello, everyone First of all, I am not technically-minded so forgive my stumbles. I can type on a PC and that is my limit of technical knowledge. Since Windows 10 updated my PC to a bright and shiny edition with the new Edge etc., (around a month or so ago) all of my...